Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Jakob wrote:
Istaryu wrote:

Of course your dmg is gonna be terrible if you use items that give you no dmg.

My weapon's max dmg is 430 and have very fast attack speed so, i wouldnt say it has low dmg. It has higher dmg than non eth Griefbringer. (i dont have the eth version)

Weapon dmg is not the only thing that matters. You are using reanimate items, so you lose out on the tons of str and other stats you can get from items to boost your dmg further.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Jakob wrote:Im currently lvl 119, in single player. I dont have Bear Grin, but im sure its nice.

In my experience, this build is not for new players. Its actually quite difficult to build into a viable character.

(yes of course if you have all the GG OP top items im sure its different, but every build is strong with those)

So a couple things you need to keep in mind:

1, mana problem. Your overkill costs ~200 mana / throw. Thats really high. I needed perf. sapphires AND mana regen MO AND mana steal to actually make is work. you need to invest heavy into all kinds of manaregen

2, you need tanks. i manage to farm tran athulua without dying and clearing quite fast, because i crafted a throwing axe, gloves ( both with reanimates), and if i find the right boots im gona craft that too. For armor i use Screen of Viz-Jaq'Taar. I know it doesnt seems like a good armor, but it has high defense and have sh*ttons of reanimates which i need for tanks.
Defense alone is nothing. I have 250k and i die like a fly without reanimates.

3, dmg against bosses is terrible. i cant even kill Akarat with this build. Legacy of blood is impossible. But farming is quite nice. Maybe if i find a few more sacred uniqs im gona be able to kill bosses more easily...

So thats just my two cents.

I think overall the best way to play this build now is Wolf Stance with the damage buff it gained for EWD per soft point. You can comfortably get like 130% all speeds, 70 something movement speed (maybe more, I can't remember), and 700+ EWD and you don't get the physical resist penalty. Lion Stance overall should produce more damage with full strength, but Wolf Stance is more comfortable and ideal (from my experience, plus I'm a Wolf Stance/Companion bias)

Balanced Axes use strength as bonus damage, so you'll want to stack strength all over. Aim for 2-3k strength around your current level and area. You also might consider dropping some points in Screaming Eagle for the debuff on bosses for their movement to make sure they stay in the overkill throws.

Pro tip too: if you haven't found out, I've always seen that using shift to throw the axes right infront of them (especialy if moving, but also for stationary target) seems to get a much more accurate hit spread. Try that out if you're not already.
Jakob
Thunder Beetle
56 | 2
Crash wrote:
I think overall the best way to play this build now is Wolf Stance with the damage buff it gained for EWD per soft point. You can comfortably get like 130% all speeds, 70 something movement speed (maybe more, I can't remember), and 700+ EWD and you don't get the physical resist penalty. Lion Stance overall should produce more damage with full strength, but Wolf Stance is more comfortable and ideal (from my experience, plus I'm a Wolf Stance/Companion bias)

Balanced Axes use strength as bonus damage, so you'll want to stack strength all over. Aim for 2-3k strength around your current level and area. You also might consider dropping some points in Screaming Eagle for the debuff on bosses for their movement to make sure they stay in the overkill throws.

Pro tip too: if you haven't found out, I've always seen that using shift to throw the axes right infront of them (especialy if moving, but also for stationary target) seems to get a much more accurate hit spread. Try that out if you're not already.

That was actually helpful. Thanks. Im using wolf stance since nightmare because i kept dying with lion. Im gona try gather the str.
Yeah i know the "shift-trick" :)
BadGrahmmer
Invader
8 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
So I haven't seen anyone else comment about this, so maybe I'm just doing something wrong. But at level 100, with most all late game gear possible equipped I can cast about 4 Overkills before I just straight up run out of mana at which point I either die from being overrun by mobs, or have to run away and kite for 10 seconds or so before I can kill more things. Its just a painful and incredibly unfun way to play the game.
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Before you can sustain your mana with mana leech and mana regen due to more max mana from early charms and some Maek/leech from carfted jewels, simply put perf Saphires in the Weapon. Should help a bit...
BadGrahmmer
Invader
8 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
mortimer_85 wrote:Before you can sustain your mana with mana leech and mana regen due to more max mana from early charms and some Maek/leech from carfted jewels, simply put perf Saphires in the Weapon. Should help a bit...

That would completely defeat the purpose of using Runemaster wouldnt it?
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
I thought as throw barb you might go Glad Dom for Magic Damage Bonus.
But regardless of Uberskill, Mana leech from early charms should help a lot...
BadGrahmmer
Invader
8 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
mortimer_85 wrote:I thought as throw barb you might go Glad Dom for Magic Damage Bonus.
But regardless of Uberskill, Mana leech from early charms should help a lot...

Far as I know the first charm you can get that gives you a little leech is 110 then again at 115 and that's basically it. But I have to make it to 110, and 115, but even with a perfect 10% from those two items I'm pretty sure it's not going to anywhere near solve the problem. Make it less frustrating, yeah. But my question is to address what seems to be either an oversight in the build itself or perhaps just missing explanation from the guide. And while I do appreciate that you're making suggestions, it doesn't sound like you've read the guide, or how a firm understanding, at least, of this specific build.

Rereading this it sounds rude, but I'm not sure how to word it better. So I'll just say that if it does, its not at all my intention, and I really do appreciate the discussion.
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Ok first of all, I read the guide and most of the comments. Mana issues when lvling, where mentioned several times. Also some suggestions to deal with it.
In the overall discussion some people even tried out Glad Dom, so I guess that is an issue the Guide writer has not run into, or maybe it is normal for him to drink mana potions every few seconds.

And for the rudeness: nvm, did not sound rude to me.

PS: I will try to stop giving advice on builds that I do not have actually played from scratch...
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
For a majority of barb builds that plan to use Gladiator's Dominance later, you'll 99% start as Runemaster because getting a comfortable amount of block isn't easy from lvl 90 forward. That's more of "get half the charms, lvl 120-125, then respec and build your dex to max block" thing.

**Assuming you're playing from scratch**

If you're twinking over a lot of gear, you can do GD early on.