Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
foufoumoro
Vampiress
36 | 1
Crash wrote:
foufoumoro wrote:Hey guys, returning player,
Unfortunately the miniguide from chuck norris hasnt been updated for sigma it seems.
I used to love his topic because it had a specific "fun" attribute he gave to every build.
And I really like to play fun builds above all else

Does anyone has the time and knowledge to tell me which effective builds in today's version of the game seem like the most fun to play ?
Thanks !

viewforum.php?f=40

The guide section contains all of the guides that are updated/created for sigma.

yes thanks I already checked this section out, but I lack a general view of the builds.
I'm sure lots of fun builds dont have their miniguide yet.
I'm working on a summon necro for now, following the miniguide, it's fine to play but I know I'm gonna get bored pretty fast because of summons gameplay which I don't really like (I used to play summon barb last year, it was ok because very effective but I really didnt enjoy playing it).
I'm more inclined to play direct damage builds, can you point me to any direction for a build that might be fun to play, effective enough so I can aim for most content while still an at least average farmer experience (as a mostly first character playthrough) ?

Thanks for your time!
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
almost all builds you can think of are fun up to early Hell , around level 105-110 .

from that point onwards , it depends a lot on how well they can do with crap gear t4 uniques/crafts/runewords up to On ,or how well can you twink better gear in order to smash the next ubers .

overall , the higher you level , the less fun it becomes imo .

Sigma isn't the same as the older median versions when you could play 1 or 2 builds per day from early to end game . You now need to invest a lot of time into grinding for better gear/farming and leveling if you want to complete all ubers , which most of the time tends to get boring .

my 2 cents
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
foufoumoro wrote:I'm more inclined to play direct damage builds, can you point me to any direction for a build that might be fun to play, effective enough so I can aim for most content while still an at least average farmer experience (as a mostly first character playthrough) ?!

If you haven't, check out Solfege's melee sorceress. You can play it lazily and hold one button or you can make it more active with buffs, debuffs, and extra timered attacks as you move. It's quite a popular build these days, really reliable, easy to pick up (and he does a phenomenal job explaining things), and can do almost all content.
starverse
Fallen
1 | 0
Is there any way to get the Fowl Fight oskill other then from the dementia su belt?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
that's the cheapest option . the other option is from Cotw , but the odds of getting one with fowl fight are very small .
Kleo_Miss
Cultist
21 | 0
Hi,
i know i am noob :D
How can i create
Katamari
Katamari
Jewel

Required Level: 30
Item Level: 40
Can be Inserted into Socketed Items
+5% to Summoned Minion Life
+5% to Summoned Minion Damage
+5% to Summoned Minion Resistances
+5 Life after each Kill
jewels? I have tried to upgrade same jewels to unique but without success. It is any particular jewel to use? (like the other equipment) or for jewels is random?

Somebody can help me with my 114v summon barb? For example how upgrade my equip or other tips

Thank you so much
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
creating unique jewelery is random . you can get what you want in the first 5 rolls if you are lucky , or you may roll 100 times and not get what you need .
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Crafting summoner jewels is better anyway.
Daerouie
Stone Warrior
34 | 0
I just hit level 120 with my Flame Nec, so far it can do Duncraig well. But I have this question about high level (required level: 100 and above) gears, exempting runewords, stuck in my mind just now and I feel that I need some advice.

Now, with the gears for level 100; they can still be MO'd 5 times (that's the maximum I can get for now) and can be socketed with crafted jewels (these 2 are what I am familiar with as of now). Anyhow, is there more I can still do to enhance these high level gears at my current level? or should I just keep on grinding for better ones?
ChaosLeech
Acid Prince
45 | 2
Who ever created the idea for the AKARAT quest can go f themselves with a kitchen implement hard. Seriously. I really enjoyed the hell out of median xl for the past few weeks and then this crap happens. This is not fun. this isn't entertaining. This is beyond frustration. This is like the kinds of crap some insecure DM at and old school RPG session would come up with when they had a bad day and wanted to be a prick with a power trip type of stuff. Nobody enjoys this mission. This is making me want to break things. I think my mouse hit the wall a few times already. The fact that it's basically impossible with a summoner is BS too. Why force people to respect into something entirely different to kill one monster. Thats horse crap.

This mod was sooo much fun until this point. And now I'm about 3 seconds from deleting the whole and trying out Path of Diablo or something. How anything can be so good and so ridiculously stupid at the same time is beyond me. How about changing it the label from "easy" to "Don't even bother". If the followers didn't die instantly then maybe it would be doable but they are too easy to kill so half of the time when they die they don't even trigger the immunity removal and the other time they are dead before I can kite the bastard close enough to make a difference.

So here is my short question... WTF were you thinking? (or smoking) :wall:
/ranty