Level 140+

Discuss Median XL!
Propz
Jungle Hunter
26 | 0
supersage10 wrote:Simply put dont even waste your damn time go mf make tg be happy and pray next season they fix this fucking bs of a xp rate. There was about 30 of us who hit 150 last season as I was one of them shit was not fucking fun period it was not fun you get nothing more then hey I'm a super fucking raging nerd turn my brain off robot. I wouldnt even go for 145 this season let alone 150. I'd literally uninstall the game befor I tried for 150 xp is fucking ass and so are the good xp items now and even more so vial from Sam is not 50% any more just fuckimg nope no and fucking no. end rant have fun doing 8k + at a minimum laz runs

Haha, I'm totally with you my dude... just realized how long the 140+ grind looks... wish I started XL sooner to be able to compare the xp rates. Biggest issue is that finding 8 player games with a community this small is a task in itself let alone actually grinding out the XP. I hit 99 in D2 LoD (legit) about a year ago... I'm afraid this would be an even longer grind than that especially since 8 player games are non existent at this point. With 3 month ladders, you're right... it's not even worth the time to attempt it. Good call.
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
supersage10 wrote:Simply put dont even waste your damn time go mf make tg be happy and pray next season they fix this fucking bs of a xp rate. There was about 30 of us who hit 150 last season as I was one of them shit was not fucking fun period it was not fun you get nothing more then hey I'm a super fucking raging nerd turn my brain off robot. I wouldnt even go for 145 this season let alone 150. I'd literally uninstall the game befor I tried for 150 xp is fucking ass and so are the good xp items now and even more so vial from Sam is not 50% any more just fuckimg nope no and fucking no. end rant have fun doing 8k + at a minimum laz runs

Thanks for info man, appreciate it. How would you feel about grinding to level 149? Plausible?
supersage10
Azure Drake
164 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Fumbles wrote:

Thanks for info man, appreciate it. How would you feel about grinding to level 149? Plausible?

145 sure but honestly I dont think they will even hit 147
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
A lot of you seem to not understand that level 150 isn't meant to be reached. The "soft" level cap is at 140, beyond that it's gonna be really hard and grindy to go further, and that's by design. These last 10 levels are for those that want to put the hard work in to be at the top of the ladder, and it's meant to be really long as it is right now. The previous season isn't a good standard, the people that reached level 150 only got there by exploiting bugs.

You don't like the grinding? Fine, just don't do it, you're not expected to get to level 150, and the game isn't balanced for level 150 characters either, so there's absolutely nothing forcing you to do it. You want to be at the top of the ladder? Well, enjoy the grind, this position isn't meant for the casual weekend player, it's for that one hardcore player that's gonna grind this xp until the end.

It will not be "fixed", simply because it's not broken in the first place.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
whist wrote:It will not be "fixed", simply because it's not broken in the first place.

So there won't be ubers in future over lvl 140? :roll: Or they will be supposed to stay at higher lvl than usual characters..

PS: That's wat i was told about "check changelog".. Somewhere was pointed already, that lvl 140-150 is kinda same break as lvl 120-125 was in pre-Sigma.
phamvanam
Stygian Watcher
43 | 1
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
whist wrote:A lot of you seem to not understand that level 150 isn't meant to be reached. The "soft" level cap is at 140, beyond that it's gonna be really hard and grindy to go further, and that's by design. These last 10 levels are for those that want to put the hard work in to be at the top of the ladder, and it's meant to be really long as it is right now. The previous season isn't a good standard, the people that reached level 150 only got there by exploiting bugs.

You don't like the grinding? Fine, just don't do it, you're not expected to get to level 150, and the game isn't balanced for level 150 characters either, so there's absolutely nothing forcing you to do it. You want to be at the top of the ladder? Well, enjoy the grind, this position isn't meant for the casual weekend player, it's for that one hardcore player that's gonna grind this xp until the end.

Like, not fix is good. 150 for people try hard, not for weekend player :)
Skiz0
Cultist
23 | 0
Guys low population will say all! Things need to be fun not a pain.

My opinion.

Bless!
Kaly_
Dark Huntress
12 | 1
phamvanam wrote:
whist wrote:A lot of you seem to not understand that level 150 isn't meant to be reached. The "soft" level cap is at 140, beyond that it's gonna be really hard and grindy to go further, and that's by design. These last 10 levels are for those that want to put the hard work in to be at the top of the ladder, and it's meant to be really long as it is right now. The previous season isn't a good standard, the people that reached level 150 only got there by exploiting bugs.

Like, not fix is good. 150 for people try hard, not for weekend player :)

Hi. I'm Kaly. I usually play path of diablo if you ever heard of this d2mod.
Im a multiple rank 1 sorc at this mod.(softcore)

Last season our grp managed to reach 99 in less than 2 weeks which was a great achievment for us.(softcore)

I can only agree that pushing for the top spots on the ladder isnt ment to be for casual players, but for those who just want to enjoy a bit of nostalgia any mod of d2 is great fun i'd figure.

I recently joined the MXL community and got to admit, i got my booty blasted.

The game is far beyond what even a veteran of d2 vanilla or LoD player would expect.

The scaling in this mod is insane and if you want to enjoy the steep learning curve you have to dedicate yourself and admit to the balance of the mod.

I know the mod has been around for decades but wasn't realy appealing to me;until now.

Maybe it was the gfx issues, which were fixed recently, the amount of visual "clutter", or simply the fact that path of diablo caught my interest in the first place. (long history of path of exile).

However, ,as a SC player im impressed how some people have an astonishing amount of experience playing this mod on HC.

Vanilla d2 , LoD or PoD are a joke compared to this mod in my honest opinon and i want to tip my fedora to all those people who commit to the challenge of having just one life.

As a new player in MXL i can assure you its hard enough to play on SC, even with a long history of RPG d2 etc.

As a resume: Who ever wants to challenge himself, try out this mod for sure :bounce:
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1443 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Scalewinged wrote:
whist wrote:It will not be "fixed", simply because it's not broken in the first place.

So there won't be ubers in future over lvl 140? :roll

Where is that said?
xJustin8
Fallen
1 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Skiz0 wrote:Guys low population will say all! Things need to be fun not a pain.

My opinion.

Bless!

I couldn't agree more!!!