Mana Sorceress

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Hrishi
Bone Archer
77 | 21
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
nobrainnopain wrote:Poison/Lightning in the elemental trees is the most popular version. But are there also some other or further experiences and/or recommendations?

I've personally tried Poison/Lightning, Cold/Lightning, Cold/Poison and Fire/Poison so far.

Poison/Lightning: Not much to say here, the default and works fine.

Cold/Lighthing: You can hit incredibly massive defense values. I'd swear by this every time except for the fact that it places incredible strain on gear to hit the physical resist cap. But I liked it very much!

Cold/Poison: I found it incredibly similar to Poison/Lightning. Honestly I barely could tell a difference between the two setups. Of course, Lightning gives avoid and Cold gives some life which is the main difference, but you are able to reach fairly similar defense values.

Fire/Poison: This was a weird one, and one I want to try some more next season possibly. It was a very different experience going completely away from defense and not relying on it at all. The life regen and boost from Fire was great but it felt quite.. weird to play. It's probably just that it's different.

Next season I'll be exploring some more combinations! If people are interested, I'll add my findings of all possible combinations to the guide to help people pick a combination if they'd like to go for something more unconventional?
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
very intersting .... thx a lot
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
for me, poison has one big advantage: it only needs 6 points to invest
Jolly
Skeleton
3 | 1
Different passive combinations can also be useful for certain ubers. The HP bump from fire/cold is nice on bosses that have mainly elemental based damage. I used this combo for Kabraxis and Quov Tsin first kills.
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
What exactly happens, when the mana cap of 2^16 -1 is passed?
When slightly above this value the mana Bulb is visually empty, but how are current and lost mana are determined for damage calculation?
Hrishi
Bone Archer
77 | 21
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
mortimer_85 wrote:What exactly happens, when the mana cap of 2^16 -1 is passed?
When slightly above this value the mana Bulb is visually empty, but how are current and lost mana are determined for damage calculation?

I checked about this actually, it still does work as though you have more mana than that, but the client cannot display it. This results in some issues like the client thinking you do not have enough mana to cast a spell even though you do, and you not being able to, etc.
ChaosLeech
Acid Prince
45 | 2
I'm curious how or why Immersion is better than Mana Sweep? As a test I have 19 base points into Immersion. It does 22-35% of lost mana as damage. I have 1 base point into mana sweep. It does 27-35% of lost mana as damage also but gives me back mana and covers a larger area? I must be missing something here... :-?
Thanks for any help.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1291 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
ChaosLeech wrote:I'm curious how or why Immersion is better than Mana Sweep? As a test I have 19 base points into Immersion. It does 22-35% of lost mana as damage. I have 1 base point into mana sweep. It does 27-35% of lost mana as damage also but gives me back mana and covers a larger area? I must be missing something here... :-?
Thanks for any help.

Immersion is single target and it hit multiple times in single frame to initial target (i think so..). Mana sweep is farming skill that hitting just 1 time. Just check it on some act boss.
lazyknob
Balrog
126 | 6
Scalewinged wrote:
ChaosLeech wrote:I'm curious how or why Immersion is better than Mana Sweep? As a test I have 19 base points into Immersion. It does 22-35% of lost mana as damage. I have 1 base point into mana sweep. It does 27-35% of lost mana as damage also but gives me back mana and covers a larger area? I must be missing something here... :-?
Thanks for any help.

Immersion is single target and it hit multiple times in single frame to initial target (i think so..). Mana sweep is farming skill that hitting just 1 time. Just check it on some act boss.

That's pretty much it.
ChaosLeech
Acid Prince
45 | 2
Ok thanks.