Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Hyena strike?... Waaaaat?... I mean not Curare (f... this piece of poo!), ofc. i was going for paragon that can give alot more hp and buff Takedown ability to heal 2,5% life after kill (in other words - each 10k hp = 250 LaeK). I was never using hyena as "defensive ability"... i was never using it at all.

PS: Well, maybe nt in Sigma but in M17 1.2 it could do nearly everything in game. Yes, with Great hunt and yes, under fury that i was getting/reloading from same GH. And i never compare classes with most mainstream. In that case - go play barb and pal and nothing more, 'cause all other chars can't do anything :mrgreen: Let's instead compare Spearzon with another non-mainstream build... with manasorc? Why not? Or with Wolf dru? With UH caster pal? Throw barb?
If you want really weak char - try current trap ssin that really can't do anything. At least i've failed miserably even at IotSS. Tried to do TA - it took 60+ (!!!) min to only kill priestesses. And that's even with fact that i killed last priestess with help of some joined Barb lol. Not crafts, not TUs, not runewords simply not helping you to jump from early to mid. Hope now it will become smth more playable XD
Pinball
A dragon with boobs
6557 | 255
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Isn't Pouncezon one of most popular farming build in MXL history?

Ofc she is not great as boss farming but still okay. IIRC Ben did Samael last ladder with Spearzon.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Pinball wrote:Isn't Pouncezon one of most popular farming build in MXL history?

Ofc she is not great as boss farming but still okay. IIRC Ben did Samael last ladder with Spearzon.

apparently the worst build in the game could kill Samael with only a “decent” single target skill :p

also this topic is a teaser, not a complete patch log. No need to get tilted about missing changes until log is out :)
sg7
Bone Archer
73 | 0
Marco wrote:

apparently the worst build in the game could kill Samael with only a “decent” single target skill :p

also this topic is a teaser, not a complete patch log. No need to get tilted about missing changes until log is out :)

Patience Master Yoda , Patience
villur
Rust Claw
86 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
So can we talk about the kind of dissapointing state of procs? You guys nerfed the shit out of the frequency with the promise of making them more impactful yet I cant remember the last time a proc helped me kill significantly faster or looked cool. Heck, even before the nerf most stuff with procs were never really useful imo there were only a handful of ones that could have had a tweak. One of the big question marks for me is what do sub 10% procs ON KILL even do? They don't help killing bosses nor do they speed up clearing speed because they're so infrequent. They might aswell not exist and most items would be fine, but thats not a good solution at all.

Random example :
Skull of the Viz-Jaq'taar
Skull Cap (Sacred)

Defense: 746 to 789
Required Level: 100
Required Strength:
Item Level: 120
Scorpion Blade: +2 Projectiles
5% Chance to cast level 40 Scorpion Blade on Kill
+(0 to 1) to Assassin Skill Levels
-(21 to 30)% to Enemy Poison Resistance
5% Chance of Crushing Blow
-500 Defense
+50 to Dexterity
(11 to 20)% to Dexterity
20% Magic Find
Requirements -50%
Socketed (4)

It has a 5% on kill proc so theoretically it will proc once every 2-3 packs and maybe help kill like 2 extra mobs. Thats how it feels anyway. And this is on a SSU. Compare this to
Danmaku
Danmaku
Athulua's Hand (Sacred)

Defense: (2657 - 3003) to (2861 - 3234)
Chance to Block: 5%
(Amazon Only)
Required Dexterity: 349
5% Chance to cast level 15 Javelin Nova on Kill
15% Chance to cast level 5 Javelin on Striking
1% Chance to cast level 45 Fire Bolt Nova on Striking
+(2 to 3) to Amazon Skill Levels
1% Base Block Chance
35% Attack Speed
25% Block Speed
Adds 15-25 Damage
+(21 to 25)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(115 to 143)% Enhanced Defense
Socketed (4)
for example.

Also it bothers me that arrow procs were touched but no mention of changing the wdm% and its still 1/4 dmg I think?

Procs and the eyecandy is one of the big reasons I like bowzon. And only a handful of procs being actually good is just dissapointing because I really enjoy them.

This post might sound a bit too negative but I just wanted to raise the issue.
Also this is all anecdotal evidence so feel free to debunk my observations with some real evidence and numbers.
Edited by villur 4 years.
Primarch
Djinn
539 | 29
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions

I really don’t why people use the Samael meme as an indicator of build strength when you pool resources from like 3 different players, min-max the build/gear to perfect glass-cannon efficiency, and goonsquad the poor bastard for 18 minutes.

An ancient’s hand grandfather zon build took him down in 15 minutes, even faster. Doesn’t mean that same build would be viable in the vast majority of MXL environments.

Anyways, Marco just killed me without ever firing a shot so I’m just gonna let the cards fall where they may.
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Should use normal Snotspill as a benchmark going forward, imo
Primarch
Djinn
539 | 29
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
CallMeCrazySam wrote:Should use normal Snotspill as a benchmark going forward, imo

Bishibosh or gtfo
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
villur wrote:So can we talk about the kind of dissapointing state of procs? You guys nerfed the shit out of the frequency with the promise of making them more impactful yet I cant remember the last time a proc helped me kill significantly faster or looked cool. Heck, even before the nerf most stuff with procs were never really useful imo there were only a handful of ones that could have had a tweak. One of the big question marks for me is what do sub 10% procs ON KILL even do? They don't help killing bosses nor do they speed up clearing speed because they're so infrequent. They might aswell not exist and most items would be fine, but thats not a good solution at all.

Random example :
Skull Cap (Sacred)

Defense: 746 to 789
Required Strength:
Scorpion Blade: +2 Projectiles
5% Chance to cast level 40 Scorpion Blade on Kill
+(0 to 1) to Assassin Skill Levels
-(21 to 30)% to Enemy Poison Resistance
5% Chance of Crushing Blow
-500 Defense
+50 to Dexterity
(11 to 20)% to Dexterity
20% Magic Find
Requirements -50%
Socketed (4)

It has a 5% on kill proc so theoretically it will proc once every 2-3 packs and maybe help kill like 2 extra mobs. Thats how it feels anyway. And this is on a SSU. Compare this to
Danmaku
Danmaku
Athulua's Hand (Sacred)

Defense: (2657 - 3003) to (2861 - 3234)
Chance to Block: 5%
(Amazon Only)
Required Dexterity: 349
5% Chance to cast level 15 Javelin Nova on Kill
15% Chance to cast level 5 Javelin on Striking
1% Chance to cast level 45 Fire Bolt Nova on Striking
+(2 to 3) to Amazon Skill Levels
1% Base Block Chance
35% Attack Speed
25% Block Speed
Adds 15-25 Damage
+(21 to 25)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(115 to 143)% Enhanced Defense
Socketed (4)
for example.

Also it bothers me that arrow procs were touched but no mention of changing the wdm% and its still 1/4 dmg I think?

Procs and the eyecandy is one of the big reasons I like bowzon. And only a handful of procs being actually good is just dissapointing because I really enjoy them.

This post might sound a bit too negative but I just wanted to raise the issue.
Also this is all anecdotal evidence so feel free to debunk my observations with some real evidence and numbers.

We made our stance regarding procs and reducing them is a matter of performance. Yes, having the game play by itself from chainprocs looks fun and all, but it undermines server stability and is also kind of stupid. I'm not sure TSW would have been able to hold up with sigma if the proc&density amounts were those of ultimative era. Probably not. Also, they were made more impactful in a way, you have to see the whole proc spectrum, see how many caster procs there are currently vs 3+ years ago.

Saying on kill procs under 10% wont improve kill speed is flat out false, yes its obviously not good vs bosses but neither is ITD, CB, and other stats, and that doesnt make them intrinsically worthless. And dont forget many/most on-kill procs usually have some effect over time, i.e. bloodlust, doom, banish, SoR debuff, poison damage, etc. which is the whole point.

The proc on SSU skull helm is mostly thematic, of course. Did you see the other stats? Its a bonkers helm and uncontested BiS for this build, so I don't really see the issue. Danmaku is an example of the compromise to still keep some of the iconic proc-heavy items, such as Mr. Painless too. But remember, this is no longer the norm. The point is, if you're trying to "revive" the old chainproc fiesta, there are still some items to do this, but its a specific one, not just every item that has a kill/strike proc.

I used to be a proc fanboy back in the day too, but procs come with a lot of issues. Anything with a mild chain-proc potential immediatly becomes mandatory for said item slot / build (i.e. Danmaku on javazon since ever) which causes builds feel like shit if you're not using that item (re: Valthek's Command syndrome).
ugly_monster
Fallen
1 | 0
Any chance on making the fight in yshari a bit more streamlined? I am all for a challenge but, the skill used to damage valthek is really hard to see. If you miss, youre screwed. Is there any way to make the attack more visible, and perhaps give it a % chance to pierce through the adds so that occasionally when you line it up right, but mobs spawn, it still has a chance to hit?