Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
fugate99
Destroyer
6 | 1
for people who play single player, can we download just the new patch or do we have to download the whole game and reinstall?
DacianDraco
Cog
212 | 17
Zodnuck wrote:In D2:LoD, the characters had level bonuses when it came to attack rating and chance to hit calculation. That is to say, for calculation's sake, the game added (or substracted) from the character's actual level, which would give some characters a better chance to hit than another one with identical stats. The calculated level bonuses were
+20 for Barbarians and Paladins
+15 for Assassins
+5 for Amazons and Druids
-10 for Necromancers
-15 for Sorceresses

Does the same calculation happen in MXL?

Why would it matter? The monsters are not the same, and if their defense changed then you still need more AR%, the leveling bonus is just never gonna be enough for the ubers, and anyway i feel the bulk of it that you need for high hit chance is DEX and AR% on gear. Maybe use D2Stats https://www.median-xl.com/tools.php to see more info on naked characters of same level, but i don't see the point in it.

fugate99 wrote:for people who play single player, can we download just the new patch or do we have to download the whole game and reinstall?

The launcher auto-updates it, won't take long.
Seekers
Ice Clan
597 | 99
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Zodnuck wrote:In D2:LoD, the characters had level bonuses when it came to attack rating and chance to hit calculation. That is to say, for calculation's sake, the game added (or substracted) from the character's actual level, which would give some characters a better chance to hit than another one with identical stats. The calculated level bonuses were
+15 for Assassins
-10 for Necromancers
-15 for Sorceresses

That's a substraction or addition. It may still be around but -15 ar or +20 ar wont make a big difference considering you need 20k+ ar for midgame ish.
Levels do however affect chance to hit, but its same for all classes. Exact formula is: Chance to be Hit = 100 * AR / (AR + Def) * 2 * attacker lvl / (attacker lvl + defender lvl).
GsusXL
Acid Prince
45 | 2
Seekers wrote:
+15 for Assassins
-10 for Necromancers
-15 for Sorceresses

That's a substraction or addition. It may still be around but -15 ar or +20 ar wont make a big difference considering you need 20k+ ar for midgame ish.
Levels do however affect chance to hit, but its same for all classes. Exact formula is: Chance to be Hit = 100 * AR / (AR + Def) * 2 * attacker lvl / (attacker lvl + defender lvl).

Wait a moment. A bowzon with only like 500 dex was easily capable of reaching 15k AR in D2.
The +x/lvl was counted before multiplicative %AR, so with Median numbers of %AR (e.g. on jewels) +20/lvl alone would be 10-20k AR.
annoying cat
Monkey King
278 | 1
is the lvl 121 chaos runeword for shields that has the kraken stance available in 1.3?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
chaos rw-s no longer exist since a long time ago
InvokeList
Thunder Beetle
54 | 15
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
ChuckNoRis wrote:chaos rw-s no longer exist since a long time ago

https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/items/chaos_rws
Sorry may I ask, I haven't tried yet any of these c-runewords, but is it really all gone by now? Maybe they forgot to remove this docu?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
since when do you have that link ? if you search here https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/items/runewords , can you still see them ? i'm sure you don't . having a link towards something it doesn't mean it still exists .
InvokeList
Thunder Beetle
54 | 15
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
ChuckNoRis wrote:since when do you have that link ? if you search here https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/items/runewords , can you still see them ? i'm sure you don't . having a link towards something it doesn't mean it still exists .

Oh, I see, the link is not listed anymore, someone at our cafe bookmarked that c-rw link. Thanks for clarifying.

May I ask, does procs with the same skill stack ctc %?
Sonicbdwa
Sasquatch
64 | 6
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
InvokeList wrote:
ChuckNoRis wrote:since when do you have that link ? if you search here https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/items/runewords , can you still see them ? i'm sure you don't . having a link towards something it doesn't mean it still exists .

Oh, I see, the link is not listed anymore, someone at our cafe bookmarked that c-rw link. Thanks for clarifying.

May I ask, does procs with the same skill stack ctc %?

Procs with the same skill level stack, if different level then they trigger seperately