How to set up GLIDE WRAPPER + Borderless window (pimp your mxl)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Borderless window part yes, but glide settings will work regardless of that, and they improve lightning and how game looks, supersampling makes it much shaper if you upscale window size. If you use modern monitor, you most likely won't be interested in playing with 1024p tiny window, want make it bigger, without becoming blurry.
youtube.com/ae1337
tranvanhieu
Grubber
310 | 2
Much appreciated, aerial :)
Maykay
Cultist
23 | 0
aerial wrote:Borderless window part yes, but glide settings will work regardless of that, and they improve lightning and how game looks, supersampling makes it much shaper if you upscale window size. If you use modern monitor, you most likely won't be interested in playing with 1024p tiny window, want make it bigger, without becoming blurry.

Thanks.
Yeah, I had already configured the Glide Wrapper, as I already used it with another mod so I knew what it was about. I was talking about the borderless window part.
I'm playing on a laptop, on 1920x1080. So far I've been playing on full screen with black bars, as I play only SP and don't really need to have anything else open (although I do alt+tab fairly frequently to check wiki and stuff, as I'm new to MXL).

zboard
Skeleton
3 | 0

This is what i get currently on windows 10, 1920x1080.

It is quite frustrating as i have had success with this app in the past.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Alternative Is to use AHK script. Window will not be borderless but will be enlarged and moved to exact position you want it to.
This is mine: (first 2 coordinates is X,Y position of left upper corner of window, second two numbers = resolution of window).
You need to run this scrips as admin to work. Also iirc need uncheck "keep aspect ratio" it caused problems.

#IfWinActive ahk_class Diablo II

F10::
{
WinMove, Diablo II,, 60, 0, 1900, 1440
}
youtube.com/ae1337
damatt
Banned
21 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
The borderless window program doesnt detect anything and the drop down is empty.
zboard
Skeleton
3 | 0
also to follow up, i can accept just playing fullscreen, it's not ideal but whatever i did it for years. However do you have any issues with the game stuttering or dropping frames etc? i noticed it mainly when i just hit act 2 and i'm going around the sewers, my game freezes quite often, freezing for like half a second to a second and then catching up at hyper speed.
damatt
Banned
21 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Pretty sure if youre killing all "the pack" since there's so many you lag due to sound.
viperosa
Balrog
131 | 0
I get alphanumerical characters on win 7 but the game does not seem to start (waited about 1 minute)
it is strange because battle net diablo works perfectly in -3dfx borderless window with the same glide settings

edit1: it seems i must not tick 'keep desktop composition' in glide but that's annoying since it makes my windows look sad

edit2: must be related to the game version somehow since i get the same issue in path of diablo
basically bnet uses 1.14 and modded versions use 1.13 which somehow messes it up
Rusev
Balrog
125 | 6
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
You are a god thnx alot for that its like a whole new world now looking so nice :) still geting error when close the game but not sure from what but it runs ok