Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
lazyknob
Balrog
126 | 6
Jakob wrote:
Istaryu wrote:
Jakob wrote:Is there a mechanic in the game that lowers my magic finding ability in lower zones?

Like if i'm running Kurast 3000BA at lvl 115 with 300mf do i find more sets and sacred uniqs compared to when im running the same area with the same mf but at lvl 130?

I don't really understand your question. The only thing that affects drop rates are magic find (and more ppl in game, but thats out of the scope of your question)

I meant why would i run Duncraig where i die sometimes, if i can find every sacred unique in Kurast and im killing much faster there?

You are right, if you are just farming purely SUs (and prefer not to die).
You'd need to move on to Dun Craig if you decide to farm for SSUs and 130+ areas for SSSUs. (Dun Craig also has a Unique drop bias supposedly)

All sacred uniques aside from jewelry come in 2 or 3 different variations. Their position within the table dictates what variation they come as (SU is leftmost, SSU is center (rightmost in a 2 column arrangement), and SSSU is rightmost (in a 3 column arrangement), jewelry not included). The SU variants are typically found beginning at Area Levels of 104 and beyond, SSU variants begin dropping in Area Level 117 areas, and SSSUs start dropping in Area Level 130 areas. The Flamen staves and Marrow staves are an exception to this rule, both the ending staves being SSU.

https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/items/sacreduniques
Edited by lazyknob 4 years.
Jakob
Thunder Beetle
56 | 2
thx
InvokeList
Thunder Beetle
54 | 15
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
How many umos can I put in an item? If there's no limit, does the "Adds Stun Attack: 0.2 seconds" on
Nagapearl
Nagapearl
Mystic Orb

Right-Click to Apply
Stun Attack
10% Gold Find
10% Magic Find
+10 Required Level
umo stack when I orbed it 15x (Req. lvl 150) let's say on a T1 Honorific Leather Gloves (alvl 1)? Or is there a cap? Thanks.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
If I remember, there's no cap on UMOs, but if there is one, its 15. But I don't think it's possible because Honorific will make it Level 1, not level 0 and 151 is unobtainable (technically 146ish is "impossible" without single-player magic). Yes it would stack, but it's always been a bit of mystery how the stun attack by seconds works. It only works on melee attacks, but there's already modifiers in game for that just called Stun Attack.
InvokeList
Thunder Beetle
54 | 15
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Crash wrote:If I remember, there's no cap on UMOs, but if there is one, its 15. But I don't think it's possible because Honorific will make it Level 1, not level 0 and 151 is unobtainable (technically 146ish is "impossible" without single-player magic). Yes it would stack, but it's always been a bit of mystery how the stun attack by seconds works. It only works on melee attacks, but there's already modifiers in game for that just called Stun Attack.

Okay, thank you
Maykay
Cultist
23 | 0
I just finished the Normal playthrough of my first character in MXL. I noticed there were some elite areas along the way. Is it worth doing these or should I just proceed to NM?
lazyknob
Balrog
126 | 6
Maykay wrote:I just finished the Normal playthrough of my first character in MXL. I noticed there were some elite areas along the way. Is it worth doing these or should I just proceed to NM?

Google: Median Xl Pit of Acheron

The Pit of Acheron, accessible from the Arreat Plateau, is one of the elite-only areas found in Act V alongside the Abaddon, Drifter Cavern, Infernal Pit and Icy Cellar. All of them have a higher monster density compared to regular areas and are inhabited solely by stronger versions of elite monsters. These elites drop better items on average and give significantly more experience.

On Hell difficulty these areas are the only places in the game where Oil of Conjuration can be found.
Maykay
Cultist
23 | 0
lazyknob wrote:
Maykay wrote:I just finished the Normal playthrough of my first character in MXL. I noticed there were some elite areas along the way. Is it worth doing these or should I just proceed to NM?

The Pit of Acheron, accessible from the Arreat Plateau, is one of the elite-only areas found in Act V alongside the Abaddon, Drifter Cavern, Infernal Pit and Icy Cellar. All of them have a higher monster density compared to regular areas and are inhabited solely by stronger versions of elite monsters. These elites drop better items on average and give significantly more experience.

On Hell difficulty these areas are the only places in the game where Oil of Conjuration can be found.

Thank you for replying.

Yes, I had already googled them and seen what they are. My question was more along the line of: is it worth spending time in Normal clearing those areas or is it better to just proceed immediately to Nightmare?
DacianDraco
Cog
212 | 17
Maykay wrote:cut

No, besides the challenges it's not worth spending any extra time in Normal or Nightmare. Also i recommend following the progression path in this guide viewtopic.php?f=40&t=22675
lazyknob
Balrog
126 | 6
Maykay wrote:
lazyknob wrote:

Thank you for replying.

Yes, I had already googled them and seen what they are. My question was more along the line of: is it worth spending time in Normal clearing those areas or is it better to just proceed immediately to Nightmare?

Dacian has linked the infamous roadmap above.

It's pretty much rushing through quests in normal/nightmare/hell for the rewards and that's about it. So yeah, the extra areas are irrelevant except for the mentioned item 'Oil of Conjuration'.