Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Maykay
Cultist
23 | 0
Thank you both so much! I'll check out that guide and proceed to NM.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Maykay wrote:I just finished the Normal playthrough of my first character in MXL. I noticed there were some elite areas along the way. Is it worth doing these or should I just proceed to NM?

You may enter the elite zones from act 5 regardless of what difficulty you are playing. The extra experience gain is substantial. For normal difficulty for example you can gain between 5 and 10 extra level ups if you clear all those spots, allowing you to easy reach Baal around level 54.

But since you already got to nightmare , it's not worth going back to normal . You can clear those places on nightmare . Each elite zone on act 5 nightmare can provide between half a level and 1 level up extra xp, depending on your character level and if you got any extra experience gain gear (or xp shrine ,which would be nice )

I always clear those spots on every difficulty while leveling a new character.
Maykay
Cultist
23 | 0
ChuckNoRis wrote:
Maykay wrote:I just finished the Normal playthrough of my first character in MXL. I noticed there were some elite areas along the way. Is it worth doing these or should I just proceed to NM?

You may enter the elite zones from act 5 regardless of what difficulty you are playing. The extra experience gain is substantial. For normal difficulty for example you can gain between 5 and 10 extra level ups if you clear all those spots, allowing you to easy reach Baal around level 54.

But since you already got to nightmare , it's not worth going back to normal . You can clear those places on nightmare . Each elite zone on act 5 nightmare can provide between half a level and 1 level up extra xp, depending on your character level and if you got any extra experience gain gear (or xp shrine ,which would be nice )

I always clear those spots on every difficulty while levelling a new character.

Yeah, I just finished killing Normal Baal, but I didn't do any of those areas before killing him. My doubt was if I should just go to NM or clear those elite areas in Normal. Since I'm already level 56, there's really no point in going to them just for the XP.
Orr
Monkey King
285 | 7
wich monsters in dimen lab drop star chart pieces?
DacianDraco
Cog
212 | 17
Orr wrote:wich monsters in dimen lab drop star chart pieces?

viewtopic.php?p=307829#p307829
ChaosLeech
Acid Prince
45 | 2
Maykay wrote:Thank you both so much! I'll check out that guide and proceed to NM.

I'd just proceed through NM. A new area will open up after killing NM Mephisto where you get a class charm and some shrine drops. Keep an eye out for monster tokens later in each act of NM as well (or google them). Hell mode is where everything really opens up. New dungeons, rifts, towns and monsters to fight etc.
Maykay
Cultist
23 | 0
ChaosLeech wrote:
Maykay wrote:Thank you both so much! I'll check out that guide and proceed to NM.

I'd just proceed through NM. A new area will open up after killing NM Mephisto where you get a class charm and some shrine drops. Keep an eye out for monster tokens later in each act of NM as well (or google them). Hell mode is where everything really opens up. New dungeons, rifts, towns and monsters to fight etc.

Thank you ;)
ChaosLeech
Acid Prince
45 | 2
Can someone point me to a guide perhaps of some info to indicate at what levels unlock Certain item tiers? (TLDR version)

To clarify, I tend to be a character whore and I love trying out many combinations of skills and things and experiment with new builds all the time. So, because of this I go through characters a lot. The best way to gear up with so many characters is to gamble for TU base items. The problem is I have no idea what level I need to be to get certain tiers to start showing up so it's a lot of trial and error and wasted time searching for crap that might not even be able to show up yet.

The Arreat Summit used to have something for the gamble levels and such back in the day (for the base game) but the TU system is entirely different so it probably doesn't follow the same rules. Even if it did, I have no idea what iLvl is required for each tier anyway.

Any Ideas? Thanks.
FailPatrol
Skeleton
3 | 0
I just killed kabraxis with summoner necro. Is it possible to do the elementals or i have to respec every time? Also why is fauztinville gated behind so much crap?
BaraLover
Rust Claw
83 | 1
FailPatrol wrote:I just killed kabraxis with summoner necro. Is it possible to do the elementals or i have to respec every time? Also why is fauztinville gated behind so much crap?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they change Kabraxis pillars to be highly resistant of their focused element rather than just outright nullifying it? Because if so then I'm sure it's possible to do it.