Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
BaraLover
Rust Claw
83 | 1
BaraLover wrote:
FailPatrol wrote:I just killed kabraxis with summoner necro. Is it possible to do the elementals or i have to respec every time? Also why is fauztinville gated behind so much crap?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they change Kabraxis pillars to be highly resistant to all element besides their focused element rather than just outright nullifying it? Because if so then I'm sure it's possible to do it.
Deak2112
Imp
5 | 0
The first sorc set I was able to find is Warmage. I didn’t see any guides that utilize it. So any helpful tips how to build it in order to push for higher content?
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Deak2112 wrote:The first sorc set I was able to find is Warmage. I didn’t see any guides that utilize it. So any helpful tips how to build it in order to push for higher content?

Ele sorcs are kinda shit right now to be honest, but they're apparently gonna get a buff in 1.2 so wait for just a few days and check the patch notes to see what got better. Normally for fire sorcs Flamefront was good for crowds and Flamestrike for single targets + firedance for more damage + either cold or lightning passives for survivability(with poison tree you get no extra defense so it's more difficult initially), but again, it's not very impressive right now.
noal
Cog
208 | 15
Can multiple "on melee attack" procs proc from one single attack?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
yes
Inno86
Balrog
138 | 11
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
hello,

where can i find a detailed list of breakpoints for each character and weapon?

i prefer to check them myself rather than using a tool, but if there isn't a way to access the information, i am going to use a tool (any suggestion?)

also, about rarity (drop rates) of specific items, as far as i know there are differences between sacred unique (SU) and secret sacred uniques (SSU). what are the chances of finding a SSU compared to SU? also, are there different drop rates for each SSU? I read in the previous patch changelog that the rarity of some items (e.g. spirit walkers) has been increased.

thanks to anyone able to enlighten me on both points.
Predaking0pl
Skeleton
3 | 0
Hi, started playing a few days ago, enjoying the game and changes (my last D2 experience was non-modded LoD about 9 years ago). I'm running mixed melee-summoner dagger necromancer with parasite as main offensive skill (used mainly paladin with zeal and druid with fury in non-modded). Currently I'm halfway through act 3 on normal. I was lucky enough to get tier 2 Topspin and now I'm high enough level to equip tier 3. Unfortunately when I attempted to uptier it using item+arcane crystal+rune recipe it didn't work. I tried using different runes, none worked. Is uptiering locked to higher difficulties, or do I need specific rune? Or does it need the item to have it's slots filled (I didn't equip anything because I thought uptiering would destroy slot items)?

I'm also unsure about mystic orbs. On wiki it says that they add level requirement and should be used after making rune word, but shouldn't it be the other way? If orb adds +4 to item requiring lv 20 then make it runeword requiring lv 100, required level should be 100, but if you add +4 orb to runeword requiring lv 100 wouldn't final required level be 104? Also, when making runeword do you need to use jewels or can you use gems too? And what is the limit of orbs you can use on one item. Wiki says "Each regular Mystic Orb can only be applied 5 times on an item". Does it mean you can apply all orbs (5 times each kind) on one item?
usling
Cog
243 | 21
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Upgrade recipe was change to just one arcane crystal :)
Splargh
Grubber
320 | 13
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Predaking0pl wrote:Hi, started playing a few days ago, enjoying the game and changes (my last D2 experience was non-modded LoD about 9 years ago). I'm running mixed melee-summoner dagger necromancer with parasite as main offensive skill (used mainly paladin with zeal and druid with fury in non-modded). Currently I'm halfway through act 3 on normal. I was lucky enough to get tier 2 Topspin and now I'm high enough level to equip tier 3. Unfortunately when I attempted to uptier it using item+arcane crystal+rune recipe it didn't work. I tried using different runes, none worked. Is uptiering locked to higher difficulties, or do I need specific rune? Or does it need the item to have it's slots filled (I didn't equip anything because I thought uptiering would destroy slot items)?

I'm also unsure about mystic orbs. On wiki it says that they add level requirement and should be used after making rune word, but shouldn't it be the other way? If orb adds +4 to item requiring lv 20 then make it runeword requiring lv 100, required level should be 100, but if you add +4 orb to runeword requiring lv 100 wouldn't final required level be 104? Also, when making runeword do you need to use jewels or can you use gems too? And what is the limit of orbs you can use on one item. Wiki says "Each regular Mystic Orb can only be applied 5 times on an item". Does it mean you can apply all orbs (5 times each kind) on one item?

1: uptier recipe was changed. you only need arcane crystal now
2: the wiki is right. Level-requirement of an item is calculated by

(argmax(levelreq of item, levelreq of socket fillers) + orb-level-req)

so if your item requires level 20, you orb it with + 4 level req and then put in a rune with levelreq 100, it will still require level 104.

3: only jewels allowed
4: yes, but the ultimate ceiling is, of course, the level requirement
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
ChaosLeech wrote:Can someone point me to a guide perhaps of some info to indicate at what levels unlock Certain item tiers? (TLDR version)

To clarify, I tend to be a character whore and I love trying out many combinations of skills and things and experiment with new builds all the time. So, because of this I go through characters a lot. The best way to gear up with so many characters is to gamble for TU base items. The problem is I have no idea what level I need to be to get certain tiers to start showing up so it's a lot of trial and error and wasted time searching for crap that might not even be able to show up yet.

The Arreat Summit used to have something for the gamble levels and such back in the day (for the base game) but the TU system is entirely different so it probably doesn't follow the same rules. Even if it did, I have no idea what iLvl is required for each tier anyway.

Any Ideas? Thanks.

https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/items/baseitems

Look at the Quality Level of the piece you are interested in. Your character level must be at least this number for the item to appear for them in the gambling screen.

Inno86 wrote:hello,

where can i find a detailed list of breakpoints for each character and weapon?

i prefer to check them myself rather than using a tool, but if there isn't a way to access the information, i am going to use a tool (any suggestion?)

also, about rarity (drop rates) of specific items, as far as i know there are differences between sacred unique (SU) and secret sacred uniques (SSU). what are the chances of finding a SSU compared to SU? also, are there different drop rates for each SSU? I read in the previous patch changelog that the rarity of some items (e.g. spirit walkers) has been increased.

thanks to anyone able to enlighten me on both points.

On the site toolbar: Game>Tools>Speed calculator. Requires java runtime.
Drop rates of different sacred unique items aren't published. In general SSU are anywhere around 4-9x more rare than SU, and SSSU are significantly more rare than SSU.