Summonmancer mini guide

Josko_91
Vampiress
35 | 1
peilis wrote:
Josko_91 wrote:Honestly, the " Reduces army size by 50% " stat on Veil king is totally bullshit. They should remove it, the fact that you can't have Veil king and Rathma's champion at the same time and that Veil king always turns hostile upon death is more than enough. 50% reduced army size is way too much. I expect them to remove that stat on the next patch! Hell, they could change it so Veil king reduces Death knight summons by 50%, alot more reasonable in my opinion although I would really like if they just outright removed the -50% army size stat instead! Then Veil king would be perfect!

This will never happen, or atleast i dont see them removing it, maybe nerf a bit but thats at most. Veil King alone is so much more powerful than a dozen of minions. You cant expect to have a raid boss and an army in your summons, do you? Of course it is kinda a big nerf and forces you to use Lazarus set if you want to play VK. But each spec has its percs. // Cheers

Yes I expect! 50% is way too much, it is completely fine to have a raid boss and an army of summons at the same time since most other classes just faceroll through everything so why not summoner too? Summoners have always been weak, removing 50% army reduction will finally make summons truly shine!
mcspunk
Vampiress
38 | 3
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Question, while leveling wouls you go Jinn or Rathma at 90? Since Veil King only is worth it when you get The set
LeChatChouette
Thunder Beetle
50 | 1
Josko_91
Vampiress
35 | 1
bugfree wrote:later on when u feel the need for more dps ...u can do one thing ....u will get during the play some depleted riftstones ...they start at lvl 1....but just stack up on those lvl 1's .....in those there is a chance u drop ocult effigy ...with the posibility of reblessing an item....basicly it makes it that u can double bless an item adiing 25 + lvl req to the item ...but u keep ur item at lvl 86 f example...no mo's....u can get f example 150%+ minion dmg on gloves, boots, Offhand.

Really? I had no idea! That is cool altough Im still a bit confused in the general process of that. But I will keep it in mind :)

I've been hunting the Lazarous set in k3k hell but no luck :(
LeChatChouette
Thunder Beetle
50 | 1
bugfree wrote:https://youtu.be/JVOr9_gUeus Chill Kabraxis

inspired by your video, i died like a shit versus kabraxis
mcspunk
Vampiress
38 | 3
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I did Jday today, took like 10s <.< hilarious.

EDIT: Do you use jewels or Gems in your slots on your gear or runes?
LeChatChouette
Thunder Beetle
50 | 1
mcspunk wrote:I did Jday today, took like 10s <.< hilarious.

EDIT: Do you use jewels or Gems in your slots on your gear or runes?

Hey,

I think it's better to use jewel cause you can hit +15/+20 minions damage with "Kur" crafted jewel (and with other stats)
banebonebreaker
Skeleton
2 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Would a crafted necro shield beat the Grim Silouette unique? It has 5 necro levels, 50minion dmg, resists, max resists, and decent defence.

But it also has the 100% extra veil king damage and 100% extra veil king life. So for lazarus Veil king spec, its 150% damage with an awesome life roll.

Still better to craft one?
CircaG
Balrog
131 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Anyone know when the summonmancer gets good? I'm in A3 norm lvl 33. I have a T2 Lord of Thorns, T1 Umbaru & Fautzins, and Outlaw boots. My skeles still die all the time and the AoE is just terrible even with 8 hawks available.

If anyone could share when/if the summonmancer gets better at a certain level, I'd appreciate it. Just really clunky right now.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
CircaG wrote:Anyone know when the summonmancer gets good? I'm in A3 norm lvl 33. I have a T2 Lord of Thorns, T1 Umbaru & Fautzins, and Outlaw boots. My skeles still die all the time and the AoE is just terrible even with 8 hawks available.

If anyone could share when/if the summonmancer gets better at a certain level, I'd appreciate it. Just really clunky right now.

I don't know what you are doing wrong, every summon has AOE attack and with only those items you should steamroll through normal and even nightmare.
And I often see people mindlessly spam hawks, when you should spread them amongst mobs and wait them to strike.

Get a good merc, for example A1 Ranger or A2 Shapeshifter until you get to Act 5 and get barb. Unlike in the guide you should also max Abyss Knights and some points to Iron Golem, they are very useful early on, then later respec them away unless you want to focus on knights and Jinns.

Also usually minions die to a lack of resistances, so try to get 75% asap.