The TLDR 2H Barb

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
SuperJ
Invader
8 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
For crafting on the labrys, what would be the best shrines to craft with? Intimidating to get the best chance for a 200% enhanced damage and deadly strike, then bless with creepy to add crushing blow? Roll weird and creepy, bless with intimidating?

https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=BeefChief

Would like to be able to farm/mf as a deathgaze. Bremmtown is pretty easy right now, as is fauz, but no MF equipment on. Imagine I would have to swap out rings ammy and other pieces with physical resistance requiring me to run around in bear stance.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Best shrine would be intimidating there is this ed + ds roll on it, its better than weird shrines. Increases odds of getting high enhanced damage, and this is a problem, you often get axes only with max damage roll, and then you can't even mo it up to 200% (which basically means bricked craft). But if you play twinked with trading (including trading for shrines) you can just buy su labrys, or eth base for runeword. Whole point of cheap craft is to use all remaining shrines and just miss that little bit extra you would get from intimidating shrine.

For MF you just would want mf rolls on your armor rolls, they can have that affix. You can use few MF runes too technically.
Ideally stack mf via merc, you can build really strong A1 merc and it will land most of kill shots, and mf from merc gear stacks with your mf then.
youtube.com/ae1337
SuperJ
Invader
8 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
aerial wrote:For MF you just would want mf rolls on your armor rolls, they can have that affix. You can use few MF runes too technically.
Ideally stack mf via merc, you can build really strong A1 merc and it will land most of kill shots, and mf from merc gear stacks with your mf then.

What all would you put on an A1 merc?
TheError
Rust Claw
82 | 1
I've looked at this guide every char I've created despite not playing the build, thanks for the best overview on which Dungeons&Rifts are for what level and where.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
As for A1 merc, it is pretty much what other builds do, these mercs got buffed this patch, they survive much easier.
You want high dps bow with weapon damage proc, so this means - craft with arrow on striking and +max damage, could be pretty difficult to roll, but thats ideal.
We don't use neph spirit, so stacking pierce on items isn't worth it.
Other notable item (for most wdm mercs), that would make significantly difference is krys gloves, gives you 30% slows target from armor slot, which is very unique and powerful.
Other than that you can try adding more slots with minor arrow procs, something even like tu albrecht chest, but these won't have that much impact on final damage. There is more options, such as xis rebel for example. Depends how budget you wanna go.

General idea here is, that because A1 mercs survival boost (also qol boost, they cast for example dark power (+10cb) intead of wright arrow), they are usable in endgame on non-summoner spec. Before that you pretty much needed to protect them with wall of meatshields to make them usable.

here is bow example:

youtube.com/ae1337
SlappyDanger
Skeleton
2 | 0
Hey! Just downloaded Median XL for the first time and I am following your guide!

I have a quick question - you have skills that show 0 points, but in order to get the skills below them, I am having to put at least 1 point in the skills before the ones designated in your guide. Is that what I am supposed to be doing, or am I missing something? Thanks for the help, and loving the guide so far!
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
aerial wrote:Other notable item (for most wdm mercs), that would make significantly difference is krys gloves, gives you 30% slows target from armor slot, which is very unique and powerful.

Wait, when did they change it back from melee target? This info makes some builds so much easier, I propably have to visit docs more often...

SlappyDanger wrote:Hey! Just downloaded Median XL for the first time and I am following your guide!

I have a quick question - you have skills that show 0 points, but in order to get the skills below them, I am having to put at least 1 point in the skills before the ones designated in your guide. Is that what I am supposed to be doing, or am I missing something? Thanks for the help, and loving the guide so far!

Yes you have to put one point to pre-requirements, you are doing right.
SlappyDanger
Skeleton
2 | 0
Thank you so much!

Another question, I am looking at the runewords for low level axes and I see that some of them require the base item one handed barbarian axe. How do I know what is specifically a barbarian axe?
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
SlappyDanger wrote:Thank you so much!

Another question, I am looking at the runewords for low level axes and I see that some of them require the base item one handed barbarian axe. How do I know what is specifically a barbarian axe?

They have "Barbarian only" text. In this case you are looking for mammen axe or hammerhead axe.

https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/items/baseitems
Docs have everything.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
Jampula wrote:
aerial wrote:Other notable item (for most wdm mercs), that would make significantly difference is krys gloves, gives you 30% slows target from armor slot, which is very unique and powerful.

Wait, when did they change it back from melee target? This info makes some builds so much easier, I propably have to visit docs more often...

Yes it was changed, but at same time boss slow cap was changed to 25% (back from 50), so you can't really "abuse" it to get that much slow easily vs bosses.
Vs trash however it works wonders, even something as simple as giving it to barb merc and his ITD tslam nova is gonna slow everything hard.
youtube.com/ae1337