CircaG
Balrog
131 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Jampula wrote:
CircaG wrote:Anyone know when the summonmancer gets good? I'm in A3 norm lvl 33. I have a T2 Lord of Thorns, T1 Umbaru & Fautzins, and Outlaw boots. My skeles still die all the time and the AoE is just terrible even with 8 hawks available.

If anyone could share when/if the summonmancer gets better at a certain level, I'd appreciate it. Just really clunky right now.

I don't know what you are doing wrong, every summon has AOE attack and with only those items you should steamroll through normal and even nightmare.
And I often see people mindlessly spam hawks, when you should spread them amongst mobs and wait them to strike.

Get a good merc, for example A1 Ranger or A2 Shapeshifter until you get to Act 5 and get barb. Unlike in the guide you should also max Abyss Knights and some points to Iron Golem, they are very useful early on, then later respec them away unless you want to focus on knights and Jinns.

Also usually minions die to a lack of resistances, so try to get 75% asap.

Yeah I know they have aoe attack, but skeles are so slow to even get there. I guess I'll work on spawning one and then porting to it. Just seems a bit clunky to me since it's not like summon pally where you can just port anywhere and all the minions follow. I'll try some of that out.

Thanks!
CircaG
Balrog
131 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Jampula wrote:
CircaG wrote:Anyone know when the summonmancer gets good? I'm in A3 norm lvl 33. I have a T2 Lord of Thorns, T1 Umbaru & Fautzins, and Outlaw boots. My skeles still die all the time and the AoE is just terrible even with 8 hawks available.

If anyone could share when/if the summonmancer gets better at a certain level, I'd appreciate it. Just really clunky right now.

I don't know what you are doing wrong, every summon has AOE attack and with only those items you should steamroll through normal and even nightmare.
And I often see people mindlessly spam hawks, when you should spread them amongst mobs and wait them to strike.

Get a good merc, for example A1 Ranger or A2 Shapeshifter until you get to Act 5 and get barb. Unlike in the guide you should also max Abyss Knights and some points to Iron Golem, they are very useful early on, then later respec them away unless you want to focus on knights and Jinns.

Sorry for repost. But also, do you know the best item to make the golem out of? I don't think I saw it in the guide, but I'll check again.
LeChatChouette
Thunder Beetle
50 | 1
CircaG wrote:
Jampula wrote:

Yeah I know they have aoe attack, but skeles are so slow to even get there. I guess I'll work on spawning one and then porting to it. Just seems a bit clunky to me since it's not like summon pally where you can just port anywhere and all the minions follow. I'll try some of that out.

Thanks!

Hey dude,

Personally i almost only move using "summon skeleton" (maj + left click) then teleport on it with right click.

This way you can teleport into mobs pack without dying because your minions are around you, they will tank and they are close enought to kill everything.

Try this and your speed farming should be faster

But you're right it is sometimes a little bit clunky because you have to do it fast before the summoned skeleton moves

Have fun
Belasterius
Skeleton
3 | 0
Hi guys,
I'm 102 and still have my A2 shapeshifter mercenary, what do you think should be better with a Viel king built ?
Thanks !
supersage10
Azure Drake
164 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Belasterius wrote:Hi guys,
I'm 102 and still have my A2 shapeshifter mercenary, what do you think should be better with a Viel king built ?
Thanks !

A2 merc is fine
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Thanks !

I would go with A1 Ranger or A5 barb. I'm not sure if shapeshifters Bloodlust is working correctly atm...
Belasterius
Skeleton
3 | 0
Jampula wrote:
Thanks !

I would go with A1 Ranger or A5 barb. I'm not sure if shapeshifters Bloodlust is working correctly atm...

Initialy my shapshifter was for tanking but now with the VK maybe a support (heal ?) or DPS is better ? Barb is DPS and ranger also ?
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Belasterius wrote:Initialy my shapshifter was for tanking but now with the VK maybe a support (heal ?) or DPS is better ? Barb is DPS and ranger also ?

VK doesn't really need healing from mercs and if minion healing is as shitty/bugged as in previous versions don't bother. Barb is still superior imo, good survival, dmg, crowd control (especially with krys gloves). Test them out with basic setups, my vote goes for barb.
Belasterius
Skeleton
3 | 0
Jampula wrote:
Belasterius wrote:Initialy my shapshifter was for tanking but now with the VK maybe a support (heal ?) or DPS is better ? Barb is DPS and ranger also ?

VK doesn't really need healing from mercs and if minion healing is as shitty/bugged as in previous versions don't bother. Barb is still superior imo, good survival, dmg, crowd control (especially with krys gloves). Test them out with basic setups, my vote goes for barb.

Ok thanks, I'll try the Barb
transtrans
Cultist
23 | 0
How do you manage to kill Xazax and Astrogha with this setup?
The minions just hit Astrogha's totems so it heals every time. As for Xazax, I have tried with Rathma and VK. They damage Xazax over time but the screen gets too crowded with penitents and they eventually kill me.