Best builds for newbies?

Discuss Median XL!
hikki12
Invader
8 | 0
Hi I just finished normal with a trap assassin and I find it hard to survive. also played a bit of bow necro, also dies a lot. Are there any builds that has smooth progression and doesn't die a lot? I barely feel my lifesteal and I have socketed gems for resistances.
physics
Sasquatch
66 | 2
unholy melee paladin. check the guides section. smooth throughout all stages of the game basically and doesnt take much gear to be good
hikki12
Invader
8 | 0
I checked it out but having 9 buffs every min is a turn off for me, any other suggestion?
lazyknob
Balrog
126 | 6
I'd say, melee sorc. It's a very very average build. EVERYTHING is average about it. It's average in every uber! Which means it does most ubers!
It's not a very engaging spec which might be what you're looking for.
Vvvxi
Prowler
18 | 0
Id say easiest builds for beginner are traprat druid, xbow necro or any kind of melee barbarian. If you want more laidback gameplay check out summoner guides for necro paladin and barb.
Remember that no build can just roflstomp hell/ubers without some effort and gear planning.
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
hikki12 wrote:Hi I just finished normal with a trap assassin and I find it hard to survive. also played a bit of bow necro, also dies a lot. Are there any builds that has smooth progression and doesn't die a lot? I barely feel my lifesteal and I have socketed gems for resistances.

Trapsin gets defensively better when you reach reward skills and artifice mastery. Invest to reach Shadow Refuge and keep it active on left mouse button. Put physical damage reduced by 6 mystic orbs in your rings/ammy.

I made a quick post on trapsin regarding gear setup and skills, got some good answers there. Check it out.

Get a Barbarian mercenary and equip him with tiered uniques so he survives. Artifice mastery gives you 50% claw and, regen when struck by melee weaponry (blade, arrow. Not spells tho.) Prismatic cloak reduces incoming damage and beacon increases mobility. Early nightmare is slightly harder until you reach lvl 96.

Don’t give up man !
Genokaze
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
I agree with Melee Sorceress, they can do hell and most ubers until 125+ fairly easily (except Baal).

The Mysteries
The Mysteries
(Sorceress Melee Set)

Cauldron
Pentacle
Sacred Circle
Witchblade

Set Bonus with 2 or more set items:
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels
+50 to Dexterity

Set Bonus with 3 or more set items:
+21 to Spiral Dance
Physical Resist 10%

Set Bonus with complete set:
+100 Damage
+4 to Ward of Fate
10% Chance of Crushing Blow
Weapon Physical Damage +100%
+4000 Defense
5% Chance to Avoid Damage

can get you through most of the content. Just craft gear with abandoned shrines and socket everything with perfect amethysts and you're pretty much good to go. They can farm fautz quite easily with this setup. I recommend going Fire/Lightning and always max Living Flame + Warp Armor. Also, learning signets help block builds a ton so farming signets in kurast is a good idea before tackling higher content.
lazyknob
Balrog
126 | 6
Genokaze wrote:I agree with Melee Sorceress, they can do hell and most ubers until 125+ fairly easily (except Baal).

The Mysteries
The Mysteries
(Sorceress Melee Set)

Cauldron
Pentacle
Sacred Circle
Witchblade

+50 to Dexterity

+21 to Spiral Dance
Physical Resist 10%

+100 Damage
+4 to Ward of Fate
+4000 Defense

can get you through most of the content. Just craft gear with abandoned shrines and socket everything with perfect amethysts and you're pretty much good to go. They can farm fautz quite easily with this setup. I recommend going Fire/Lightning and always max Living Flame + Warp Armor. Also, learning signets help block builds a ton so farming signets in kurast is a good idea before tackling higher content.

Oh Baal's alright if you just patiently f off when fusillade is on cd. Carpet the place with firedance during downtime just for that bit more dps.
Genokaze
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
lazyknob wrote:
Genokaze wrote:I agree with Melee Sorceress, they can do hell and most ubers until 125+ fairly easily (except Baal).

The Mysteries
The Mysteries
(Sorceress Melee Set)

Cauldron
Pentacle
Sacred Circle
Witchblade

+50 to Dexterity

+21 to Spiral Dance
Physical Resist 10%

+100 Damage
+4 to Ward of Fate
+4000 Defense

Oh Baal's alright if you just patiently f off when fusillade is on cd. Carpet the place with firedance during downtime just for that bit more dps.

Yea that is basically the strategy I did. However, the fight can get hectic and tough if Baal decides he wants to spam summon multiple bosses and minions of destruction. At that point I usually just lure the bosses to one side and keep Baal on the other which takes practice but makes the fight easy if you know what you're doing. I don't want to say the fight is partially based on luck but sometimes if he summons too much bosses, you'll save time ditching that run and starting a new one.
lazyknob
Balrog
126 | 6
Genokaze wrote:
lazyknob wrote:

The Mysteries
The Mysteries
(Sorceress Melee Set)

Cauldron
Pentacle
Sacred Circle
Witchblade

+50 to Dexterity

+21 to Spiral Dance
Physical Resist 10%

+100 Damage
+4 to Ward of Fate
+4000 Defense

Yea that is basically the strategy I did. However, the fight can get hectic and tough if Baal decides he wants to spam summon multiple bosses and minions of destruction. At that point I usually just lure the bosses to one side and keep Baal on the other which takes practice but makes the fight easy if you know what you're doing. I don't want to say the fight is partially based on luck but sometimes if he summons too much bosses, you'll save time ditching that run and starting a new one.

Crash has pointed out before that the summons are a CTC by Baal and the minions. So, don't get hit at all.