Unholy Melee Paladin [105-125 content in TU's]

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
phantomyyz
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Knight_Saber wrote:
phantomyyz wrote:Suggestion: I've found Elemental Band to be by far the best ring for UHM farming and even ubers. The buffs are all insane combined with max Stormlord. Tons of damage and CC.

You can even keep it in the inventory to prebuff if you really want to min max.

Better than max roll Empyrian Glory on each hand? Req level 50 leaves a lot of room for MO's.

Yup it was what carried me through my first Xazax kill (kite the mobs in circles around Xazax hitting DA off cooldown, he passively dies). Worked well for Astrogha too.

Elemental band gives Hive which adds 25% to energy which adds tons of damage to Divine Apparition and Symphony. The other buffs also add 25% to other base stats which all synergizes extremely well with Stormlord. To farm, I kamikaze into packs of mobs and they all rot away and die before the cooldown is up to DA again.

So that, plus the lightning buff stuns mobs.

Keep in mind, UHM gets -200 to all elements for free, so all the buffs are doing triple the damage of the tooltips.

You get 10% spell dam from the ring itself.

I would go so far to say that it's the single best item for UHM for a spell damage based build.

Like you suggested, if you have a godly roll ring with a low level and you throw UMO's at it, maybe it's better in some situations. In those situations, it's still great for a pre-buff :D
Mehasto
Balrog
123 | 4
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
phantomyyz wrote:
Knight_Saber wrote:
phantomyyz wrote:Suggestion: I've found Elemental Band to be by far the best ring for UHM farming and even ubers. The buffs are all insane combined with max Stormlord. Tons of damage and CC.

Better than max roll Empyrian Glory on each hand? Req level 50 leaves a lot of room for MO's.

Yup it was what carried me through my first Xazax kill (kite the mobs in circles around Xazax hitting DA off cooldown, he passively dies). Worked well for Astrogha too.

Elemental band gives Hive which adds 25% to energy which adds tons of damage to Divine Apparition and Symphony. The other buffs also add 25% to other base stats which all synergizes extremely well with Stormlord. To farm, I kamikaze into packs of mobs and they all rot away and die before the cooldown is up to DA again.

Keep in mind, UHM gets -200 to all elements for free, so all the buffs are doing triple the damage of the tooltips.

I would go so far to say that it's the single best item for UHM for a spell damage based build.

Like you suggested, if you have a godly roll ring with a low level and you throw UMO's at it, maybe it's better in some situations. In those situations, it's still great for a pre-buff :D

Do you still go all-vita in this setup?
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
640 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ON STRIKING - does not work with blood thorns, does it ?
Kostetus
Balrog
139 | 1
Ruubel wrote:ON STRIKING - does not work with blood thorns, does it ?

It doesn't
kaksu
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Hey!

How much my dmg or survivability decreace if ill use Victory over Robe or Arcaines and if im gonna use Rainbow over Lunar? Just to get more mf, is it still playable or is there a huege difference between those items? under 100mf just doesent feel good, or should i get Robe and Lunar and just MO em with mfs?
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Kirimaru wrote:Unholy Paladin vs Fauztinville (Unholy Lazydin???)

with which shrine did you craft and bless gloves, belt and boots?
Giu
Core Lord
390 | 61
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
phantomyyz wrote:
Knight_Saber wrote:

Everything you said is literally wrong :-X
except "You get 10% spell dam from the ring itself" lol
Energy isnt a linear damage increase to spells, check energy factor.
UHM only gets fire and cold pierce, enemies cap at -100 resis, most have 35 resis in hell, bosses 70.
phantomyyz
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Giu wrote:Everything you said is literally wrong :-X
except "You get 10% spell dam from the ring itself" lol
Energy isnt a linear damage increase to spells, check energy factor.
UHM only gets fire and cold pierce, enemies cap at -100 resis, most have 35 resis in hell, bosses 70.

Didn't say it was linear and I did a poor job of explaining it half drunk. Hive gives you 25% of your base vitality as energy. If you're doing UHM right you're putting 100% of your points into Vitality, which gives you a lot of free energy (500 in my farming gearset, almost 800 in my uber gearset). Lemures and Blood Thorns are your primary attacks which scale from Vitality based energy factor, but other passive sources such as Vessels, Divine Apparition, Symphony and all the buffs provided by Elemental band scale from energy. If you have plenty of Energy Factor, as you should for UHM, you're going to be getting a lot of extra damage from the extra energy Hive provides (my DA goes from 21k to 25k, etc.). It turns a bunch of insignificant damage into very significant damage. All of this gets compounded by Stormlord. Is that clear enough?

The point was, Elemental Band is quite good except for some ubers and high rifts. I had to switch to a pure vita stack build to Kill Laz and to farm Rift(12). For Fautz farm I still use the spell damage and Elemental Band setup.
Kirimaru
Cultist
22 | 3
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
nobrainnopain wrote:
Kirimaru wrote:Unholy Paladin vs Fauztinville (Unholy Lazydin???)

with which shrine did you craft and bless gloves, belt and boots?

Best is Eerie shrine, EF, %spell dmg, %exp.
For farming: Sacred shrine %cold spell dmg, -cold res, %exp
For bossing with Symphony of Destruction: Shimmering shrine %poison spell dmg, -poison res, %exp (along with 2x Sigil of Tur Dulra and Gallowlaugh)
Kostetus
Balrog
139 | 1
How to kill Xazax with this build?