Discuss Median XL!
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
It is completely normal. At this point I had 8k tho. Pop your catalyst and stuff dies in 2-4 ticks.

Base damage is low, I guess to compensate for the fact that you cast and forget. Use the shockwave trap in addition to the incineration one, use the catalyst whenever it is ready and try to use it effectively on crowded areas. Kiting enemies is actually a good idea.

Early game equipment is in this thread, aim for Vizjun set as soon as possible. Use Pefrect diamonds in weapon and Zod crafted jewels for the rest.
Imperius
Gravedigger
182 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Johnny Impak wrote:Top damage from incineration trap is 12.5k. Could be a lot better.

I am with 15K incineration so far using Shamanka without using Lorekeepers nor Eclipse.
The ssus drop rates are really bad for me, i have 350 MF and get 0-3 ssus pers full Dunc clear, there's something wrong here.
Do you got Lorekeepers already? and how much ssus you are getting with Dunc clears?
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
1 SSU in average per run. Around 250 mf. Drops are supposed to be better in Singleplayer so I may be unlucky. I also lack Conjuration upgrade on my Vizjun katar, Ureh trophy, Quov trophy, Astrogha trophy and Laz charm. This explains the damage differential between us.

Still have to craft some abandoned stuff to try Laz seriously, this guy is damn hard. Going with a shield and SSU short sword for max block, maxing pb and getting a two second blink will help. Good luck crossing Vizjun like this tho,
Ntf1015
Gravedigger
183 | 0
Stupid question... How big of a difference does a merc make for general leveling/farming past 110? Is it worth it? If so, which merc works the best? And if yall dont mind, what is good gear to start out with for them? Thanks in advance!
Imperius
Gravedigger
182 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Johnny Impak wrote:1 SSU in average per run. Around 250 mf. Drops are supposed to be better in Singleplayer so I may be unlucky. I also lack Conjuration upgrade on my Vizjun katar, Ureh trophy, Quov trophy, Astrogha trophy and Laz charm. This explains the damage differential between us.

Still have to craft some abandoned stuff to try Laz seriously, this guy is damn hard. Going with a shield and SSU short sword for max block, maxing pb and getting a two second blink will help. Good luck crossing Vizjun like this tho,

From the ones you mentioned Laz i still dont have too.
How this conjuration stuff works? What do i need and which items can i upgrade with it? I am completely unaware of that stuff.
Edit: sorry, i mean any kind of sus.

@ntf1015 yes, use act 5 merc with the maximum damage you can get, also with the maximum DR as possible, in low levels (100-120) i just equiped him with the best rare or unique sacreds i found, damage orbs on sword and jah rune on sword slots for more damage.
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Oil of conjuration drops in elite areas in act 5. Counts as an luck potion, with 40% of adding +10% spell damage to any weapon.
Imperius
Gravedigger
182 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Johnny Impak wrote:Oil of conjuration drops in elite areas in act 5. Counts as an luck potion, with 40% of adding +10% spell damage to any weapon.

Ok, i found in the docs now sorry.
But all my items are already upgraded by the oil of luck, probably wont be able to upgrade with oil of conjuration, the good part is that i have lots of others backup katars lol
leexun
Stone Warrior
30 | 11
Johnny Impak wrote:
leexun wrote:share my build:
- your gear seems to be good, no need to change at this time, try to improve them with MO (Fire & lightning spell)

All spell damage contributes to trap damage, except for poison. It is clearly written and n the subterfuge description. Incineration trap will have the same damage increment from +100% fire spell damage and from 100% cold spell damage.

So I did seriously try Dimentional Labyrinth with this build. Here is my experience. I reached level 12.

Past level 10, mercenary is useless. He gets wrecked by any mob group. Strategy at this point is to precast traps, lure the mobs and spam edyrems to keep them busy. For bosses, same strategy but run around in circles waiting for trap to kill. They heal sometimes, I have yet to figure out why. Top damage from incineration trap is 12.5k. Could be a lot better.

well, that's the way of trapsin!!! but he is still 110lvl, not get this far as yours :D
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Imperius: So I finished Void. Almost. For envy, you were right. Added my Quov Talisman -29% resistances and a lucky beacon did the kill alongside all traps together. Painful but doable.

How did you do the boss fight ? Rathma haves like 50 times Mendeln’s hp. Tried spamming edyrems on Rathma for distraction, worked kind of, but still. Rathma was st 75% when he killed Mendeln. Any advice here ?
Elendilli
Djinn
548 | 67
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Goal is to kill both at the same time. How? Let Mendeln DPS Rathma down then get Mendeln killed by Rathma's 'Black Slayer' attack when Rathma is at 1% hp then Purify Rathma and hope for the best.

If you or your summons are in melee range of Mendeln, he will put up a green shield during which he won't cast spells / holy bolts that hits you (does nothing literally) and more importantly hits Rathma. You want to lure Mendeln to the opposite corner of where Rathma is so Mendeln won't die to the 'Black Slayer' attack that Rathma does when you go into his Melee range which he won't use for a few seconds after initial cast (usually). You can use Edyrem summons to bait the black slayer attack (not too close or its harder to aim) when you need to damage Mendeln.