The TLDR 2H Barb

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
From an another thread:

MUS01 wrote:
Pinball wrote:
MUS01 wrote:Perfect event for my fortress barb... Sadly, there is no hope...

Legend says that has been 10 years and MUS01 is still crying about barb nerf.

The build was nerfed many times... Some nerfs were really unnecesary and non sense, specially if you see the buff for other clases... Still, I don't hope you can understand it, cause Reading you makes me predict your behaviour: 1 simpleton IN troll. And for you, even write 100 words in a text can be a real challenge.

Still, for a Smart player (like me), my char still can survive really well in a event like this. After all, I usually play with self founded ítems, and with kite tactics. The build is still so strong (for the style, not for skills) that you can farm with no deaths TA in your first time in destruction. Obviously, playing carefully. Damn.. I'm a slow fingers and reactions player.... and I do very well.

Barb can do dest TA without dying for the first time, clearly needs more nerfs.
MUS01
Cog
201 | 3
Istaryu wrote:From an another thread:

MUS01 wrote:
Pinball wrote:
MUS01 wrote:Perfect event for my fortress barb... Sadly, there is no hope...

Legend says that has been 10 years and MUS01 is still crying about barb nerf.

The build was nerfed many times... Some nerfs were really unnecesary and non sense, specially if you see the buff for other clases... Still, I don't hope you can understand it, cause Reading you makes me predict your behaviour: 1 simpleton IN troll. And for you, even write 100 words in a text can be a real challenge.

Still, for a Smart player (like me), my char still can survive really well in a event like this. After all, I usually play with self founded ítems, and with kite tactics. The build is still so strong (for the style, not for skills) that you can farm with no deaths TA in your first time in destruction. Obviously, playing carefully. Damn.. I'm a slow fingers and reactions player.... and I do very well.

Barb can do dest TA without dying for the first time, clearly needs more nerfs.

Not all barbs...THIS BARB, MY BUIld. And the only can do it for his Playstyle: ranged (fortress) kite, TS, and the special random stun waves for TU balanced Axe. Other builds would be troublesome try it for first time, specially going to melee...
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Well, build from this guide can run TA no problem, even after nerfs and 15s cooldown thunderslam. It isn't the fastest clear, also pretty annoying to click every small pack to kill, in comparison to some other strong builds and classes. But it is still fine imo.
youtube.com/ae1337
casually1987
Thunder Beetle
54 | 1
aerial wrote:
Intimidating gives you deadly strike which is straight multiplier to total damage. 5% ds = 5% total damage, since almost all our damage comes from base physical. It is really strong. Also iirc intimidating shrines roll some base %ed, which means it is easier to roll high enhanced damage weapon, and lowers chance you get +max damage roll on a 0ed weapon, which pretty much bricks the craft.
I would rank stats in this order:
1. +max damage (sole reason to even use craft, must have that +300-350ish roll)
2. good max %damage to get it to 200% with MO at very least

These are baseline, rest is optional, hard to list them in order.
You don't care about attack speed for example, because of wolf stance you have enough of it, its least desirable stat, you wanna get value from your stance. AR from lucky upgrade is the only way, or abandoned shrine to get it, good, but not deal breaker.
Procs can be nice for clear, atmg, spike nova, sor. +barb skills are very decent to have, can get up to +5.
Slows target is very good, goes up to 30%, and bosses are capped at 25%, so that alone caps your slow.

Thanks for that clarification.

So max dmg 300-350 and good % damage are the key options. How do u feel about crushing blow on a weapon? I hear CB doesn't work on bosses anymore but i'm sure it's great for mobs.
is there a CB cap?
Intimidating shrine is best, but what do you usually bless it with? would you bless it with weird for more damage possibly or does that not work.

also in your main page you listed 1h Crafted barb sword with colosseum oskill - and 1h Crafted barb axe with Mark of the Wild . do the other stats matter on these weps or do you just want the o skilll with no other good stats. like could you use junk shrines like shimmering or hidden instead of wasting your good shrines on the weapons?

lots of questions I know.

also i made these gloves, using abandoned shrine and abandoned bless I want to know if you think they are better than featherclaw or what stats i could look for to improve on a new pair.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
No, that is bad. No ed on it, and you can have 30 max dmg and 25 min dmg on it.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
Stats of offhand weapons really don't matter much, you use them to cast those buff skills, and thats it.
For gloves you want that all stat roll, 40-50 all attributes is nice, can get life too, just follow the list.
CB on weapon has low value because build is using wolf stance, which grants over 40% cb already. It is good stat that speeds up clear vs trash enemies dramatically, but doesn't work vs bosses (if it did youd kill bosses in few seconds).
youtube.com/ae1337
casually1987
Thunder Beetle
54 | 1
aerial wrote:Stats of offhand weapons really don't matter much, you use them to cast those buff skills, and thats it.
For gloves you want that all stat roll, 40-50 all attributes is nice, can get life too, just follow the list.
CB on weapon has low value because build is using wolf stance, which grants over 40% cb already. It is good stat that speeds up clear vs trash enemies dramatically, but doesn't work vs bosses (if it did youd kill bosses in few seconds).

thanks for your help so far. I've burned like 8 weird shrines and 8 intimidating so far looking for that max dmg roll and % ed but it is hard to come by.

did u use intimidating shrines on ur labrys or something else?

here are some new gloves i made, which one should i use?

or option 2

Also i had a question about the runeword options. If i wanted to break the defense % cap of 200%. i should MO the armor first before making the runeword right. I'm talking about Erawan and Truce. so i was thinking 5 x 15% enhanced defense orbs to bring it up to 120 then drop in the jewels and the rune.

you are still using Lem crafted jewels right? i'm wondering what the ideal stats on a jewel like that are. i was thinking 15% attack speed + 31-50% ar + 31-50 life and 3-5 attributes. my reasoning for attack speed is the more i have on jewels the less attack speed runes i would need and thus more lah runes i could use.

also whats the attack speed breakpoints we want to aim for?

ps: i finally made an ok axe but im wondering what shrine to bless it with? intimidating, weird or creepy? (it was a creepy shrine to start)

aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
1. As for gloves, its close, use d2stats to compare. Bit of cold piece will help with deathgaze, lightning will affect added damage from daedalus and thunderfury proc, thers average damage there. There is many little factors, hard to call it without running some calcs.

2. For runeword to break 200ed, you wanna apply all enhanced defense/damage before putting in jewels+rune. So that includes, superior with high %ed, then lucky oil and then 5x MO with 15% each. After that you create runeword, and if runeword has range of stats, repeat that many times until you get good roll (remove runes with recipe and try again it rolls stats each time).

3. That axe is weak, you want that "+ to maximum damage" stat be over 300, thats mandatory, otherwise TU labrys is just better. It can sometimes have good min damage roll which is worth considering too, because the way d2 works, if min damage of weapon is higher than max, it adds to max damage too. So +100 to minimum damage will result in +100 average damage, at least in case of weapon such as labrys which base damage min and max are almost equal.
You want to look at this:
https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/wiki/affixes

Suffix +(321 to 375) to Maximum Damage

thats best one

edit:
Btw looking at your screenshot, I see many of charms you have in inventory are highlighted red. Does this mean they are transfered from other characters and you haven't met level requirement yet to get stats from them? If thats the case you are kind of runing the game, build is all about getting those charms.
If you just want put gear on this character, "invest" in it to do things with it, it really isn't the best build to go for, it isn't particularly fast at farming. Whole point of this guide is to get most charms by yourself using fairly simple items, feel and experience that progression.
youtube.com/ae1337
casually1987
Thunder Beetle
54 | 1
aerial wrote:1. As for gloves, its close, use d2stats to compare. Bit of cold piece will help with deathgaze, lightning will affect added damage from daedalus and thunderfury proc, thers average damage there. There is many little factors, hard to call it without running some calcs.

2. For runeword to break 200ed, you wanna apply all enhanced defense/damage before putting in jewels+rune. So that includes, superior with high %ed, then lucky oil and then 5x MO with 15% each. After that you create runeword, and if runeword has range of stats, repeat that many times until you get good roll (remove runes with recipe and try again it rolls stats each time).

3. That axe is weak, you want that "+ to maximum damage" stat be over 300, thats mandatory, otherwise TU labrys is just better. It can sometimes have good min damage roll which is worth considering too, because the way d2 works, if min damage of weapon is higher than max, it adds to max damage too. So +100 to minimum damage will result in +100 average damage, at least in case of weapon such as labrys which base damage min and max are almost equal.
You want to look at this:
https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/wiki/affixes

Suffix +(321 to 375) to Maximum Damage

thats best one

edit:
Btw looking at your screenshot, I see many of charms you have in inventory are highlighted red. Does this mean they are transfered from other characters and you haven't met level requirement yet to get stats from them? If thats the case you are kind of runing the game, build is all about getting those charms.
If you just want put gear on this character, "invest" in it to do things with it, it really isn't the best build to go for, it isn't particularly fast at farming. Whole point of this guide is to get most charms by yourself using fairly simple items, feel and experience that progression.

when I took that SS i was 110. I'm now 120. my goal for this character is to try and use it to solo the void and some of the tougher ubers as well. I'm quite comfortable with using the barb and I enjoy seeing how I can solo with it. my unholy paladin ran those ubers up to 120 so i could pass along some charms. I have completed this on barb before though in an earlier season but I didn't get as far as I have this time.

I still dont know if i should keep burning through weird shrines or intimidating ones or creepy shrines for the axe. which one do u think works best?

edit - used a creepy shrine and finally made a decent axe. looking for what to bless it with? maybe intimidating or weird? or what else.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
I'd use whatever spare shrines I have to craft, just to burn through them. Specific rolls you get from shrine itslef aren't that important, because all crucial mods are not shrine related. In perfect world where you just have all shrines and can be picku, then intimidating seems best.
For blessing you probably also indimidating here, will add ed to 200 and some deadly strike.
Alternatively there is abandoned bless for attack rating and some dex bonus.
Look at shrine list: https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/wiki/shrines
If you read that you will understand that weird for bless is absolutely not worth it, because it grants "Adds (3 to 9)-(3 to 18) damage" aside from that 50% enhanced damage roll. That is very low and insignificant amount in comparison to your total damage from axe. Imtimidating 2-4% deadly strike adds basically that % of damage. And your total base flat damage is not just the weapon, you need to add some from charms and other items. Weapon alone average damage should be around 600 base.
youtube.com/ae1337