Unholy Melee Paladin [105-125 content in TU's]

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
theage900
Bone Archer
77 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
somebody can tell me how much ias i Need with dux infernum? the speed calc did not work for me :S
BwanaJonas
Invader
8 | 0
Thanks for a nice guide, I am currently level 121 and trying to defeat baal. But I have a major problem with my mana, what is the trick to keep that up? I tried with 50% mana stolen, and still doesnt really help. My mana run out in a few seconds, if I single target
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1443 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
BwanaJonas wrote:Thanks for a nice guide, I am currently level 121 and trying to defeat baal. But I have a major problem with my mana, what is the trick to keep that up? I tried with 50% mana stolen, and still doesnt really help. My mana run out in a few seconds, if I single target

Life/mana leech works only with physical attack damage (so physical spell dmg wont leech either), and you do next to none with this build, so it does nothing. You want mana on hit. But the benefit from mana on hit, you need to actually land the attack, so you need decent attack rating also, id say around 20k at least for 120 content.
And anyways baal destroys your mana with one of its attacks, so better bring those mana pots.
BwanaJonas
Invader
8 | 0

Alright, so ill stack some more AR
And mana on hit
And for mana stolen I should just aim for the same percentage as blood thorns cost?
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1443 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
BwanaJonas wrote:Image

Alright, so ill stack some more AR
And mana on hit
And for mana stolen I should just aim for the same percentage as blood thorns cost?

I just explained to you that mana steal does nothing for this build.
Knight_Saber
Monkey King
264 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I prefer full vitality gears for that sweet 43k+ hp (over 4k regen per sec).
But keep on using that crappy set and stacking attack rating/mana on hit. You obviously know better than me ;)

Warning: Playing my version of UMP may ruin your gaming experience by trivialising most content. Follow this threads guide and struggle away on low level dungeons/rifts while I facetank rift bosses spawned by abyssal shrines, literally ignoring any attack they use.
khadgar
Fallen
1 | 0
Can someone explan what K3K means?

OK i find sorry for this post
romiroviandi
Imp
4 | 0
khadgar wrote:Can someone explan what K3K means?

OK i find sorry for this post

Kurast 3000

uber level for farming set items
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I decided to try this paladin because spending hours farming for trapsin gear is boring.

Did read the guide and the whole comment section (My motivation deserves mad props here) and I see little to no agreement on how to properly skill/gear him. Some say that set and expensive SU’s are better, while someone seems to prove that vitality crafts are superior.

Skillwise, I can straight up say that I think 1 posession is a mistake. Other than that I have the following conclusion on the skillplan for a Bloodthorn build.

Grim Presence -1: Does not bring anything special to bloodthorn itself.

Lemures -1: Not a lemures build.

Posession -16: Reaching max evade is essential late game, when stuff actually hurt like a truck. This also clears the FHR breakpoint to leave space for more useful stuff.

Bloodthorne: Max until end of early game, 1 point after lvl 105. Early on the damage of 20 points in the skill makes a difference, later on it just adds mana consumption for a small boost in damage. Skill points can be better invested.

Sanguine Covenant: I would max this. I’d rather overheal than actually lacking survivability. Maxing this would mainly benefit in teganze, toraja and labyrinth.
Better safe than sorry I say.

Tainted blood: Max, only source of defense increment. Life regen is also nice.

Stormlord: I’d say around 15. Enough base to raise stats at higher skill levels. Some say 1, others say max here. I’m in the middle.

Rapture: 15 again. Enough to have significant boost and duration.

Hoplites: 1. For tough situations.

Superbeast: 1. Soft points will do the rest.

Blessed Life: Enough to reach 50% physical dr.

So basically this is how I will start. Any input would be appreciated, currently lvl 24. Lol
Elendilli
Djinn
549 | 67
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Not everything is set in stone for guides. There will always be conflicting opinions for a myriad of situations/different ways to play the build. That being said, just ask questions and hope someone answers. I'm sure most people including myself will be happy to oblige.