Monkey King
264 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I gave this a try, found
Battlemaiden
Battlemaiden
War Scepter (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (120 - 174) to (370 - 456)
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 494
Item Level: 120
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Dexterity)%
40% Attack Speed
40% Cast Speed
Adds (25 to 60)-(240 to 300) Damage
+50% Damage to Undead
(5 to 10)% Life stolen per Hit
(5 to 10)% Mana stolen per Hit
+(150 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
Weapon Physical Damage +2.4375% (Based on Character Level)
Maximum Fire Resist +4%
Socketed (6)
Helepolis
Helepolis
Spangenhelm (Sacred)

Defense: (2894 - 3192) to (3206 - 3537)
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 675
Item Level: 105
+38 to Maximum Damage
+(14 to 24) to Guard Tower
10% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
(21 to 30)% to Strength
Physical Resist 20%
(31 to 50)% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (4)
, etc to use on her...
Was an okay build but still carries the awkwardness of thunder hammer (cLoD), which always made it a "can you play this style without getting mad" build.

I remember multi-player back in the days when cLod was 'current', long before Median existed. My friend would be rocking hammerdin, thinking he's badass, while I'm throwing those lightning javelins and clearing everything before he can get a single hit in. This build combines those, and is still as awkward as a three legged man in two legged pants. xD
Melatonina
Banned
108 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Crash wrote:I never gear my characters to "true endgame" material because 1.) I don't have so much time to invest on one thing for endless farming and 2.) I do a lot on my own, so I don't interact with trading as much as years ago, which limits my gear options.

I try to keep options cheap and accessible for this reason, plus, it's just easier for other players doing the same (or even not) to access the gear needed/used to progress.

"Massive dmg from hammers"

"Well its not that good"

Whats the point of making a guide if its not better than anything else ? If you want to farm p1 dunc, any trash build can do it.

I see people like ben killing samael with 2h swordzon but most of the guides in here are either outdated or not truely efficient. just why lol

To me it looks like some people on median became elitist to the point they wont share or help others.
Like that guy who throw away dimensional key labs because "its value/rarity must be kept high"
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Melatonina wrote: ...

Whats the point of making a guide if its not better than anything else ? If you want to farm p1 dunc, any trash build can do it.

….

To me it looks like some people on median became elitist to the point they wont share or help others.

Like that guy who throw away dimensional key labs because "its value/rarity must be kept high"

To your first point:
Although ARPGs are about farming and grinding in the first place, some people simply want to write a guide because they want to show how content in this game can be done - regardless of how long it takes or what gear is required. Imo, the most important part of a guide is the to make the reader able to achieve the mentioned content with the guide as a roadmap.

To your second point:
Well, the community is rather small on this mod and from what I have experienced there might be some people who hold back information but in general you simply have to ask nicely and sooner or further you will get a satisfying reply.

To your third point:
Not everything sarcastic has to be written in blue text. When Vikan was talking about Ben- refusing to grab the Key to keep it more rare on the server, he was referring to the circumstance that Ben- died post Key drop once and simply was not able to grab it because of lockout in Dim Lab.
Melatonina
Banned
108 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Yeah sorry, I was a bit rude and should of just said that sometimes it feels like the best things are kept secret lol.

Idk if the community is small, looks like its around 9-10k players still the highest I've seen amongst all the d2 mods I've played. Its because its the best mod out there obviously.

Didnt know that he died, still dont see the problem there for not grabbing it lol. Sometimes in multiplayer, some may die. that happens.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1437 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Melatonina wrote:Whats the point of making a guide if its not better than anything else ? If you want to farm p1 dunc, any trash build can do it.

This build is pretty good for new players, as it is incredibly tanky with 0 gear investment (lots of life from paragon, naturally lots of def, and block from all the perfect amethysts, 20% phys res from 2 tus). You can facetank the 2 main farming zones of the game (dunc and fauzt) without using your brain, so new players can see how the game is. Also it clears kind of fast. Pull a pack, cast a few hammers, and watch everything melt.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Melatonina wrote:Whats the point of making a guide if its not better than anything else ? If you want to farm p1 dunc, any trash build can do it.

I see people like ben killing samael with 2h swordzon but most of the guides in here are either outdated or not truely efficient. just why lol

1.) Guides are a pain to make because of the time investment and proper exploration and a lot of us don't stream for careers to be in front of the game all day. This guide was put out quickly because it was the start of the season and Sigma only had Aerial's guide up so far, so people were looking for something to aim towards.

2.) I certainly don't think this build is the best, but it's certainly not trash. I don't know that I've ever made a guide that is "the best" because I don't like playing the top meta exposed builds. As far as I remember being told, suchbalance was close to deleting Hammer of Zerae from the storm tree because it was never used since stormzon was introduced. I enjoyed the build, thousands of others have as well, I'm sure. No one is really forcing you to play the guide. Guides aren't meant to be "the best", just meant to guide people through the game or build, hence the term "guide".

3.) Yes, there are elitist people here, as any other game or anything in life, really. Not all of the players keep secrets from eachother. I've written many guides in the past, some as big walkthroughs that explain the content and how to approach it. Others don't do this, and even I haven't (see hammerzon guide) done it for every uber because content and items change as the game evolves, and sometimes that means having to replay the entire character to get an appropriate feeling for how the character plays at that time of the game. I don't write guides to mislead people by giving best gear possible before your first uber. That's not a guide or helpful in any sense.

Anyways, I'll replay this character soon. I believe the season may be winding down soon? I can't remember when it began (plus, Borderlands 3 binge).
HurtSmash404
Azure Drake
162 | 0
How will the new Level 30 skill for the Storm Tree impact this build? Or is that an entirely different build by itself?
Ekital
Grubber
310 | 11
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
HurtSmash404 wrote:How will the new Level 30 skill for the Storm Tree impact this build? Or is that an entirely different build by itself?

Entirely different build.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
the new Askari Lightning sounds like its a spell, not a ranged wdm cast.
HurtSmash404
Azure Drake
162 | 0
Crash wrote:the new Askari Lightning sounds like its a spell, not a ranged wdm cast.

Ah, gotcha. Still, I can use HoZ(still only one point of course) because it also goes by Cast Rate and has a 200% WDM.

Also, when I hover over the HoZ skill itself in-game, it's says synergies but lists nothing at all, what's up with that?