Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Multiplayer Badge
Has won 3 multiplayer contests
Great Skill Badge
Highly trained Warrior
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Johnny Impak wrote:Actually clawblock is not enough with potions unless you have perfect positioning. (Only thing hitting you is life degen homing holybolt). There, casting edyrems in front of Rathma works well.

At some point, you end up having no more healing potions, leaving your spot and breaking everything. Same thing happens when you try to refill belt. I can’t refill and cast at the same time, so positioning breaks here too. Also sometimes Mendeln decides (Yeah, he decides) to act like a douche and goes melee with Rathma. I end up either trying to bury Rathma under a pile of edyrems for distraction so Mendeln will eventually move or casting edyrems on Mendeln to trigger his shield, which rarely happens for me because whatever reason.

More hp and regen will help tremendously here. Although I wonder if block actually works in there. I never saw it working, neither for dodge.

both block and avoid work in the void, and as previously stated u can literally afk this uber. i did it the first time with 12khp which is easily doable with 2x rha rw in both claws and all pts into Vit. after revesiting to get the charm for a friend i did it with 22k hp without crafting vit gear at all, and both times i stood 25min afk in void.

as for pots, fill your inventory with pots if thats not enough fill your cube with pots and transfer them to inventory while chugging them , since u wont be moving anywhere u have all the time in the world to do so.

also idk bout edyrem summons but i never ever used them in the void

as far as positioning goes, it doesnt matter aslong as u stand outside of rathmas punisher range and mendelin usually doesnt move when u dont either once u hit him into a corner. only thing to look at here is that u may have to reposition mendelin if rathma gets too close
Ntf1015
Gravedigger
183 | 0
Trying to gear up my trapsin... set great helm FINALLY drops! Yaerius helm.... made me cry a little on the inside. Do all set pieces drop in k3k or do i need to farm elsewhere also?
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Ntf1015 wrote:Trying to gear up my trapsin... set great helm FINALLY drops! Yaerius helm.... made me cry a little on the inside. Do all set pieces drop in k3k or do i need to farm elsewhere also?

All pieces can drop from lvl 80+ areas.

And so I figured out that Rathma does not need to be on screen to take damage. Mendeln can be tanked easily. I almost went afk out of boredom. Standing in the stairs where you enter, having Mendeln shooting at you stupidly is the key. I was trying to keep Rathma busy while having Mendeln close enough to cast. I tried the wrong way

Gearwise, changed my rings for 2x assur bane and gloves/boots/belt for honorific T1 with life regen and vitality. It is better to have the 200 life regen from Vizjun set than 2x Rah claws. Tested.

Took total around 30 attempts. Once you figure it out, it’s tedious, not hard. First time I succeeded, I failed. Mendeln was too far, so I didn’t get swirlies. Rathma died after 1 punisher. Timing is easier than I tought.

3 attempts later I got it. I want to thank everyone giving me advice on this. Without you guys I wouldn’t have done it.

Ps: I STILL think Rathma should have less hp. Standing in a corner for 5 or 25 minutes changes nothing in the difficulty, it just feels boring. Aiight, Laz, Labyrinth (currently having the possibility to try lvl 13, but I’m scared) and Samael left.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Ntf1015 wrote:Stupid question... How big of a difference does a merc make for general leveling/farming past 110? Is it worth it? If so, which merc works the best? And if yall dont mind, what is good gear to start out with for them? Thanks in advance!

I can't see an answer to this question, which is a shame because that's what I'm trying to figure out.

I've been using a Shape Shifter from act 2 and the build seems pretty dependent on him being alive or you get swarmed. I got my assassin to 116 and so far the merc has been ok staying alive in crap gear. He now has some T4 gear and a sacred polearm but he's starting to die more and getting too expensive to res all the time.

Do people use a merc in the later game? If so, which one? And how best to gear it?
And if not... then what?

One other question re Perfect Being. When it got to skill level 16 it gave 51% avoid, I put another point in it and it's still 51% avoid and the 'next level' text says that it will be 51% at level 18. Does it ever go up further? Even if it does - is it worth sinking more points in it for such diminishing returns?
arcology
Cog
211 | 51
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Captcha wrote:
Ntf1015 wrote:Stupid question... How big of a difference does a merc make for general leveling/farming past 110? Is it worth it? If so, which merc works the best? And if yall dont mind, what is good gear to start out with for them? Thanks in advance!

I can't see an answer to this question, which is a shame because that's what I'm trying to figure out.

I've been using a Shape Shifter from act 2 and the build seems pretty dependent on him being alive or you get swarmed. I got my assassin to 116 and so far the merc has been ok staying alive in crap gear. He now has some T4 gear and a sacred polearm but he's starting to die more and getting too expensive to res all the time.

Do people use a merc in the later game? If so, which one? And how best to gear it?
And if not... then what?

One other question re Perfect Being. When it got to skill level 16 it gave 51% avoid, I put another point in it and it's still 51% avoid and the 'next level' text says that it will be 51% at level 18. Does it ever go up further? Even if it does - is it worth sinking more points in it for such diminishing returns?

Mercs are useful throughout the game, a well geared merc can survive in places like fautzinville, and help you out with damage, procs and buffs. They won't survive against most bosses, but are very useful for farming. I don't know which one is "best", and it partly depends on your character, I usually stick with A5 merc.

The "next level" for perfect being does not account for hard points, it's not accurate, next point will be 52%. Each point adds 0.75%, so every 4 levels it does nothing for 1 level for rounding. It's actually increasing returns in terms of EHP, you generally want to max it.
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
In very endgame, forget about merc doing damage, at least for A5 barbs. Gear them to get high physical resistance, high elemental resistances and strength since they regen on top of that. They can tank, which ease your positioning. A2 fighter mage can be used to slow/freeze enemies with the right gear. For most bosses though, bashing through is not a proper strategy and they end up dying.

For Perfect Being, read the skill description for hard points.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
arcology wrote:Mercs are useful throughout the game, a well geared merc can survive in places like fautzinville, and help you out with damage, procs and buffs. They won't survive against most bosses, but are very useful for farming. I don't know which one is "best", and it partly depends on your character, I usually stick with A5 merc.

The "next level" for perfect being does not account for hard points, it's not accurate, next point will be 52%. Each point adds 0.75%, so every 4 levels it does nothing for 1 level for rounding. It's actually increasing returns in terms of EHP, you generally want to max it.

Yes I was using Iceshell, Toorc's etc for procs along with his skills for cc, but I think it needs more defence now so I may have to craft some heavy armours and hope for procs.

The patch notes said A5 mercs had their strength nerfed and I always found them not as tanky as I wanted when I've used them before so I thought I'd try the A2 ones that seem to be buffed a bit.

Thanks for info re PB. The skill desc just says "increased chance to avoid per base level" but when it doesn't do that you have to wonder if it ever will - some skills don't always do what they say they will do at next level. And PB has dropped in level twice already while levelling up so I can't tell what it's going to do next.
arcology
Cog
211 | 51
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Captcha wrote:Thanks for info re PB. The skill desc just says "increased chance to avoid per base level" but when it doesn't do that you have to wonder if it ever will - some skills don't always do what they say they will do at next level. And PB has dropped in level twice already while levelling up so I can't tell what it's going to do next.

The next level indicator is correct, it just doesn't account for the hard point synergy of skills. If you equip something with +1 all skills, it will be accurate. PB is a skill that only cares about hard points. It won't drop in avoidance anymore for you, after the first two times; they buffed it in the early game to help sin leveling survivability, that's why it drops off at certain points (it is pretty awkward though).
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
arcology wrote:The next level indicator is correct, it just doesn't account for the hard point synergy of skills. If you equip something with +1 all skills, it will be accurate. PB is a skill that only cares about hard points. It won't drop in avoidance anymore for you, after the first two times; they buffed it in the early game to help sin leveling survivability, that's why it drops off at certain points (it is pretty awkward though).

Yes I see what you're saying - just that up to level 16 I thought it always showed an increase in Next Level and I assumed it wouldn't go up due to soft points (but maybe it does). Anyway, good to know re the 0.75% per level, thanks. :thumb: