Overkill Throw Barb

kopraonu
Vampiress
35 | 0
I am also trying out overkill barb, mana is not an issue, I have enough leech and overkill does a lot of damage so mana is always full.
But what I am having issues with is survivability.
Did the runemaster build, 650k armor or so, was so-so.
Now I am testing GD and I get 120k armor with 39% block while going half and half on str and dex.
1540 str, 1580 dex right now and to get more block I feel like I would have to sacrifice a lot of damage from strength.
How much dex would I even need for 75% block? I feel like it would be all I have or more.
116 signets used so far, level 120. https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=tapjarebane
Currently trying to do Teganze for runes for the boots but its so slow, I also have a summon nec and it can clear it very easy.
riddyl
Stygian Watcher
42 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
kopraonu wrote:I am also trying out overkill barb, mana is not an issue, I have enough leech and overkill does a lot of damage so mana is always full.
But what I am having issues with is survivability.
Did the runemaster build, 650k armor or so, was so-so.
Now I am testing GD and I get 120k armor with 39% block while going half and half on str and dex.
1540 str, 1580 dex right now and to get more block I feel like I would have to sacrifice a lot of damage from strength.
How much dex would I even need for 75% block? I feel like it would be all I have or more.
116 signets used so far, level 120. https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=tapjarebane
Currently trying to do Teganze for runes for the boots but its so slow, I also have a summon nec and it can clear it very easy.

Max block with a barb shield and glad dom @120 is about 2300 iirc (that might be with a 3%CTB shield). The formula is in the docs section.

Farm Nilathak for sigs, are you up to date on charms? They can make a big difference. I do feel the max block build is quite gear dependent, so you might need a couple of Xis RWs (I use Nasrudin and Rebel - consider the xis shield too) to get the dexterity/stats. Before then, Lion Stance pure strength option is probably more efficient for you. I see you are still using TUs, though. At 120 you should be looking to upgrade your gear.

If you're on TSW hit me up on *riddyl27 and I can give you a hand.
MagnuS
Pit Knight
112 | 30
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
riddyl wrote:MagnuS: How you finding dimensional labs (if at all)? I've been trophy hunting as Deathgaze but am about to go back to overkill for T7 and above. I'm in a similar situation top you having got all the charms except Sam and Key.

Well, I didn't had many labs runs. I think I got to lvl 6 or 7. But tbh it requires some patient and good positioning to don't eat a lot of bolts at the same time... You can throw some overkill at the edge of the screen and move forward when they are falling, so even if you get hit by a ton of bolts your LL will heal you.
However, I haven't geared properly to labs so I was running with 80 res when I done that back then
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I don't know that a throwbarb will work well once you get to the tier that prevents leech. You can run GD with deathgaze really nicely though too. The throwbarb set is honestly a nice set with the blast nova proc and 400 ewd.
Crowned
Lava Lord
98 | 2
► Show Spoiler

(Defense and Damage are without Spirit Guide Buff.)

I've been grinding a bit, farmed a few %Attribute Charms with other characters and stopped putting points into Overkill (19).
Right now it feels like I am close to the point where Damage, Attack Rating and Mana/Life leech synergize extremely well. Also got myself those Abandoned Crafted Gloves (check for yourselfes if they are good or not, they were better than TU imo).

I got 21 pts in Mountain King which are probably not worth it since Daedalus is mostly taking care of Attack Rating and Life, but I don't know where my points would be better at. Maybe getting a second Wolf or more points into Spirit guide for a smooth transition from Runemaster into Dominance.

Currently I am grinding XP to reach 115 and the next tier of Ubers, it's probably worth to farm Creature of Flame for a 5% leech charm.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Mountain King should be 1pt because you get some benefits on soft points.

Use those points elsewhere in Wolf Stance, more overkill (I've done 20-25 because of mana cost to number of axes but the more axes = more condensed hits per throw, so it depends on your interest). More wolves can be helpful with Spirit Guide because more wolves = more likely to be in range for the buff + more doom damage from their debuff.

Also, check the ZOMG recipe in the cube recipes page. You can make a set of rare gloves ilvl 1 before crafting and not lose much. You can make basically those same gloves but lvl 40 requirement for an extra ~50 levels of MO space.
MagnuS
Pit Knight
112 | 30
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Crash wrote:I don't know that a throwbarb will work well once you get to the tier that prevents leech. You can run GD with deathgaze really nicely though too. The throwbarb set is honestly a nice set with the blast nova proc and 400 ewd.

That (and my lazyness) was one of the reasons I didn't brothered to go futher in labs tiers.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Crash wrote:I don't know that a throwbarb will work well once you get to the tier that prevents leech.

I doesnt prevent leech, it just gives enemies leech resistance, so you leech less.
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Why investing so much in Ancient Blood ? Max life comes on soft points and attack speed is not that hard to reach correct breakpoint on.

On the other end Spirit Guide seems like a better option.
sengaija
Skeleton
3 | 0
Will this work in 1.5?