Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
HurtSmash404
Azure Drake
162 | 0
Is there any reason to ever put hard points into Divine Apparition or Superbeast? And will the upcoming patch 1.3 change any of it?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
HurtSmash404 wrote:Is there any reason to ever put hard points into Divine Apparition or Superbeast?
for Superbeast , yes , if you must get more spell damage no matter what and there's no other better spot to dump your skill points .

if you don't focus your build on DA and smax it , keep it as 1-pointer . some builds go well with smaxed DA . A short while ago it was quite OP , 1-shotting the whole screen in places like TA/Fauztinville/Duncraig , but meanwhile it got nerfed . it can still 1-shot cows but nobody farms there .
HurtSmash404 wrote:And will the upcoming patch 1.3 change any of it?
we will just have to wait and see the full patch notes next week
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
HurtSmash404 wrote:Is there any reason to ever put hard points into Divine Apparition or Superbeast? And will the upcoming patch 1.3 change any of it?

I suppose DA's damage doesn't scale with hard points or even soft points, after a test in single player.
What I don't know is the range of DA. No clue how the range works and whether it scales with hard points.
joec11
Fallen
1 | 0
Assassin's Shadow Refuge claims to give "Physical damage: xx% to attack"... what does this mean exactly? My testing seems to show that it doesn't affect the damage of the attack itself, or act as a buff for any other attack's damage. I can see the movement speed and phys resist go up as expected... so what is this damage referred to?
shatarnaaru
Prowler
16 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hey all. What options, if any, are available to remove MO from items?

I notice that uptier recipe removed any applied MOs, but what about removing MO's from a sacred or a maxed-tier item? Is it possible?

Thanks! :-D
tbone503
Edyrem
803 | 23
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
shatarnaaru wrote:Hey all. What options, if any, are available to remove MO from items?

I notice that uptier recipe removed any applied MOs, but what about removing MO's from a sacred or a maxed-tier item? Is it possible?

I don't think you can with Sacred, but with a t4 you can re-roll it with an oil of enhancement and 2AC. It's a full reroll though, not just removing the MO upgrades.

Perhaps others can correct me if I'm wrong here.
shatarnaaru
Prowler
16 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
tbone503 wrote:
shatarnaaru wrote:Hey all. What options, if any, are available to remove MO from items?

I don't think you can with Sacred, but with a t4 you can re-roll it with an oil of enhancement and 2AC. It's a full reroll though, not just removing the MO upgrades.

Thanks Tbone! :mrgreen:

So re roll to unique recipe will clear out the MO modifications, and there isn't an option to keep the unique the same and just rid the MO modifications? That oil of enhancement + 2AC recipe can change the unique to an unwanted different unique though, which I don't want to do (-:
tbone503
Edyrem
803 | 23
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Yes, I believe that is correct but perhaps others can chime in to verify.
shatarnaaru
Prowler
16 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
tbone503 wrote:Yes, I believe that is correct but perhaps others can chime in to verify.

Dang, my greedy ass maybe wouldn't have stacked magic find orbs on everything if I knew it wasn't reversible :facepalm: :mjump:
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
shatarnaaru wrote:
tbone503 wrote:

Thanks Tbone! :mrgreen:

So re roll to unique recipe will clear out the MO modifications, and there isn't an option to keep the unique the same and just rid the MO modifications? That oil of enhancement + 2AC recipe can change the unique to an unwanted different unique though, which I don't want to do (-:

That recipe gives you the unique version of the tiered item you use, and every tiered item has only 1 unique version.