Melatonina
Banned
108 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
casually1987 wrote:
Melatonina wrote:
tbone503 wrote:
Melatonina wrote:Is this build still using silly 16 or 20sec cooldown skills ?

Yup, still the same.

Shhh, that's not funny :(

Is there any good endgame clearer pala build that doesnt have to use such buffs ?
or something like 60 s ? really ? ...

u should give UMP a try. one 30 second buff and one 60 second buff, no big deal. I keep the 30 second buff as my right click so i just need to click twice a minute and i can rotate my 60 sec buff in there as well.

on another topic i have a question, how much EF can you get on boots on a normal shrine roll, and how often do shrines double dip as you say?
also does the lvl 1 rare boots recipe still work or was that removed?

Funny that you say that, i just started it today :D
Yeah its not too bad, blood thorns on left and vindicate on right click

I guess there isnt any decent ways to boost duration without too much sacrifices right ?
casually1987
Thunder Beetle
54 | 1
So i tried Neutraldin hoping I could farm Duncraig but I now see it's been nerfed badly.

As comparison i looked at the video from the Xazak kill and Astrogha kill on the front page (81-94k) vs my dmg of 18-21k Image

It's also tough farming Duncraig when you need to rotate 3 buffs simultaneously and swap to bear stance because your defense and physical resist sucks ass without it. (50% with and around 25% without?) I was hoping to run around 1 shotting mobs but it's a 2-3 shot at my current dmg.
(also I was hoping to do Xazax so i could get 50% more poison resist but no dice)

How can I improve my damage much more? all of my jewels are 12-15 Spell factor and a minimum of 2% physical/magical dmg, and all gear is orbed with 2% physical/magical dmg and then MF afterwards.
Elendilli
Djinn
548 | 67
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
casually1987 wrote:So i tried Neutraldin hoping I could farm Duncraig but I now see it's been nerfed badly.

As comparison i looked at the video from the Xazak kill and Astrogha kill on the front page (81-94k) vs my dmg of 18-21k Image

It's also tough farming Duncraig when you need to rotate 3 buffs simultaneously and swap to bear stance because your defense and physical resist sucks ass without it. (50% with and around 25% without?) I was hoping to run around 1 shotting mobs but it's a 2-3 shot at my current dmg.
(also I was hoping to do Xazax so i could get 50% more poison resist but no dice)

How can I improve my damage much more? all of my jewels are 12-15 Spell factor and a minimum of 2% physical/magical dmg, and all gear is orbed with 2% physical/magical dmg and then MF afterwards.

you only need minimum 10k voj to start doing duncraig. at 20k voj it should be brainless. max blessed life along with bear stance and a few points of rapture. if you're dying in this setup it means you're doing some kind of mistake. most likely movement error. you're not suppose to go head first into mobs instead you need to go around them to minimize as much incoming damage as possible.

also your resists aren't capped that will help you a lot. mystic orb your existing rings and ammy with resists and flat dr.

If you claim that you cannot do it after this, I will literally take your character and make a video of me doing it to show you (with your approval of course).
tbone503
Edyrem
803 | 23
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Elendilli wrote:you only need minimum 10k voj to start doing duncraig. at 20k voj it should be brainless. max blessed life along with bear stance and a few points of rapture. if you're dying in this setup it means you're doing some kind of mistake. most likely movement error. you're not suppose to go head first into mobs instead you need to go around them to minimize as much incoming damage as possible.

also your resists aren't capped that will help you a lot. mystic orb your existing rings and ammy with resists and flat dr.

If you claim that you cannot do it after this, I will literally take your character and make a video of me doing it to show you (with your approval of course).

So I'm getting nowhere near even 10k on my voj. I'm only lvl 115 but still not that far behind. My voj is at 41 (23 hard pts, +18 from gear, charms, etc). Here's some screen shots. Any suggestions? I'd like to be able to farm Duncraig with this guy.

I do have gear heavily weighted towards gold find right now as I've been using this guy as a gold farmer up until now. So if changing that a lot would help please let me know.

Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
tbone503 wrote:...

I have no idea how your gear looks like, probably really bad, but the first mistake is not having energy. You have extremely bad energy synergy.
Read this:
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=23536

Also you are not neutral. Use demiurge and sacred armor with full neutral tree.
Elendilli
Djinn
548 | 67
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
tbone503 wrote:
Elendilli wrote:you only need minimum 10k voj to start doing duncraig. at 20k voj it should be brainless. max blessed life along with bear stance and a few points of rapture. if you're dying in this setup it means you're doing some kind of mistake. most likely movement error. you're not suppose to go head first into mobs instead you need to go around them to minimize as much incoming damage as possible.

So I'm getting nowhere near even 10k on my voj. I'm only lvl 115 but still not that far behind. My voj is at 41 (23 hard pts, +18 from gear, charms, etc). Here's some screen shots. Any suggestions? I'd like to be able to farm Duncraig with this guy.

Firstly, like Istaryu said, you're suppose to Max Demiurge and Sacred Armour. You will constantly buff yourself with these two skills every 15-20 seconds and Rapture+Vindicate every 30-120 seconds as you run around killing stuff.
Also, you only need 1 point in Vessel of Retribution and its passive skill tree. VoJ does more than enough and allows you to allocate those skills to Demiurge/Sacred Armour.

Second, I can already tell from your screenshot that your gear is mostly tiered uniques. The requirement is to have a full crafted set-up aka the "Mid-game Gear" spoiler. Crafted setup requires ilvl99 Sacred Rare items (ideally) which turn into crafted items when combined with a Shrine (they randomly drop in nightmare act2-3+ onwards). You need to get Sacred Rare: Quilted Armor, Heraldic or Aerin Shield (str based so you don't invest in dex), Hundsgugel or Blackguard Helm, Leather Gloves, Boots and Sash. Once you obtain these items you need to combine them with a specific shrine aka Enchanted and Eerie. Look at the "Mid-game Gear" and match your crafts as closely as possible. You will need at least a few shrines (Let's say 6 Enchanted, 3 Eerie maybe more or less depending on your rolls).

Next allocate enough STR to equip all the items and the rest goes into energy.

Once you craft these items (follow the damn guide under mid-game gear), bless all your items (blessing can be done with 2 arcane crystal + shrine for EACH ITEM YOU CRAFTED). After that, it's time to min-max. Get some gold and MO your rings/ammy with resists if you aren't capped followed by +flat dr. Next, all armour pieces with %phys/spell damage. Once you are higher level you can MO MF into every piece of gear at level 130 you'll have x5 phys/spell and x5 MF mo's making your item requirement lvl130 (+40).

Lastly, fill in all the sockets of your items with Runes followed by Jewels once you craft them (guide tells u what jewels). Fill every slot with Um runes as they gave %energy to boost damage.

Super last: Choose your worst ring to apply the "monsters rest in peace" modifier from an oil of renewal + arcane crystal. It will stop the reanimates from Demiurge and speed up your kills per minute significantly because they will all run towards you and die instead of your minions which is a recipe for barrel death.

I HIGHLY recommend the guide (it's one of the really well tested and written guides on this forum). You don't even need to properly read it but at least read the skill tree + Mid-game item spoiler and you won't fail.
tbone503
Edyrem
803 | 23
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions

Thank you!!!
Ntf1015
Gravedigger
183 | 0
Just curious, but ive only managed to pull out 10k voj damage with mid game setup, minus the runeword scepter, and im wondering if thats enough damage to safely farm teganze? Thanks in advance.
tbone503
Edyrem
803 | 23
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
From the new season coming:

Pretty sure it's 25% right now.

How much of a difference do you think this will make?
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
tbone503 wrote:From the new season coming:

Pretty sure it's 25% right now.

How much of a difference do you think this will make?

Nothing, the game is balanced around players having 0 magic res. There are 2 major sources of incoming magic dmg that i know of: barrels in duncraig (7k pure magic dmg), and the lvl125 witch, but the barrels you can dodge manually, and the witch you can just get gear for more hp since its a purify fight and your gear doesnt matter.