Trap Assassin

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
“Nice work!Finally here comes a trap sin guide!Appreciate it a lot!
Just one stuff in doubt:
I heard that the - enemy res in gears didn't work with traps, did it?”
I just asked a question and thanked the writer for posting the guide....Why does it deserve a negative?I don't understand...
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
cnlnjzfjb wrote:“Nice work!Finally here comes a trap sin guide!Appreciate it a lot!
Just one stuff in doubt:
I just asked a question and thanked the writer for posting the guide....Why does it deserve a negative?I don't understand...

Because people are misinformed and probably thought your comment was going to stir misinformation when in reality everyone else was.
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
CallMeCrazySam wrote:
cnlnjzfjb wrote:“Nice work!Finally here comes a trap sin guide!Appreciate it a lot!
Just one stuff in doubt:

Because people are misinformed and probably thought your comment was going to stir misinformation when in reality everyone else was.

I get it, ty.
BTW, I really just intended to ask sth which I was not sure about, that's it no more.
Helzopro
Ice Clan
577 | 48
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
It doesnt work, just wasted my time in SP, kab kill time is the same with 130 pierce and 200 pierce.
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Made the same test. Only explanation to my better success with the Quov ammy is most likely the Beacon damage affected by it. You were right. I now consider an ammy with ctc Mythal on my merc.

In this case, I’d make phase bomb situational. Uldyssian, eternal ghosts and Envy would be prime candidates for this skill. For the rest I’d stick with Beacon. I edited my previous post not to cause more confusion.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
The trap skills directly say on them how much pierce they get. You can only gain pierce on traps from hard points in the skill.
Waffle1209
Sasquatch
62 | 2
Johnny Impak wrote:7- Some of the gear recommendations do not take in consideration the trapsin’s particular way of increasing her damage. IE: Best in slot for gloves is Lorekeepers, the firedance skill raises damage significantly. Set is extremely hard to best, requiring all BiS pieces together with UMO/Occult effigies fitting accordingly. Do some research on this, you will find better options. BTW Rabbit’s Foot T4 is better than Crafts for spell damage. Very endgame, %spell damage is superior to + skills to increase damage.

What gear do you suggest before getting the set completed?
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Helm: Either TU cap (spell damage) or Full helm (+skills, vitality bonus)

Weapons: 2x Tu Wristblade (+skills, cast speed). If you can afford the dex requirement, go for 2x Scizors Katar, but don’t overdo on this.

Armor: Tu Lightplate. I stopped at T3 because of strength requirements, I let the charms boost by strength for T4 later.

Belt: TU belt. (Spell damage, resists.)

Boots: T4 boots. (Spell damage, mf.)

Gloves: honorifics. Put whatever breakpoint you need, resistances, mf, vitality.

Rings and ammy: rares with +1/3 all skills, spell damage. Other stats are nice to have.

Sockets: PDiamond for weapons, spell damage crafted jewels for the rest.

Invest minimum stat for gear and go full vitality.
LeonelC
Fallen
1 | 2
So far so good, but this guide can be MUCH better.

https://pastebin.com/7WLgn5U7 I'm leaving this here, it's a draft of my trapsin guide, I made it up to midgame, but it covers the build quite well, use this as a reference for improving this guide if you want to.
Edited by LeonelC 4 years.
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I made it to endgame. Lab lvl 13 and Samael being the only ubers left. If you need help just ask.

Scrolled it real quick. A few pointers from my 2 minutes reading.

Subterfuge endgame should be at 8 points. Don’t underestimate the power of +max resistances. Prismatic cloak was around 9-10 points on my playthroughz. Total reduction of around 300 is enough with 50%dr from shadow refuge. I can survive easily in Fauztinville with this if I don’t play stupidly.

- enemy resistances are NOT working on traps. Teganze would be better than Witchmoon early on.