play something else

Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
You are right about no corpses on higher tiers. I didn’t think about it. Will have to think of something else.

For the Resurrect skill itself, I never tried it, so I don’t know if you need to be True Neutral to use it.
NotCube
Grubber
337 | 161
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Johnny Impak wrote:You are right about no corpses on higher tiers. I didn’t think about it. Will have to think of something else.

For the Resurrect skill itself, I never tried it, so I don’t know if you need to be True Neutral to use it.

mortimer_85 wrote:also. didn't they Change resurrect to Neutral alignment exclusively? I think you cannot use resurrect after putting any Points into a holy or unholy Tree since at least 2 Patches ago...

I tried it but Resurrect is locked to Neutral only. Would have been great otherwise.

Currently I'm using
Dreamflange
Dreamflange
Mace (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 44 to 50
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 442
Item Level: 105
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Strength)%
+(3 to 4) to All Skills
+(51 to 75) Spell Focus
50% Cast Speed
+50% Damage to Undead
+(16 to 20)% to Spell Damage
+(51 to 100) to Energy
Maximum Elemental Resists +2%
+2 to Light Radius
Socketed (3)
and
Indigo
Indigo
Circlets

'UnTaha'
Runeword Level: 110
+2 to All Skills
+100 Spell Focus
50% Cast Speed
-(15 to 20)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
-500 Defense
Maximum Elemental Resists +2%
Elemental Resists +(13 to 15)%
Requirements -100%
for max res. Can clear t11 and t12 now unless he gets jumped at the entrance.
StinkRot
Prowler
15 | 0
Which merc would you suggest for a new player?

EDIT. Though I can farm TUs to gear it, that isn't an issue
NotCube
Grubber
337 | 161
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
StinkRot wrote:Which merc would you suggest for a new player?

EDIT. Though I can farm TUs to gear it, that isn't an issue

We already have good damage and strong meatshields that we can resummon at will, so merc is entirely a personal preference. For simplicity's sake, I recommend a5 merc with
Robe of Leaves
Robe of Leaves
Scale Mail (4)

Defense: (127 - 147) to (254 - 293)
Required Level: 4
Required Strength:
27 to 28
Item Level: 10
+5% Bonus Elemental Damage to Mark of the Wild
-(2 to 3)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-(2 to 3)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
-(2 to 3)% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+(24 to 43)% Enhanced Defense
+10 Life Regenerated per Second
Maximum Life +(2 to 3)%
Poison Resist +(21 to 25)%
Requirements -(3 to 5)%
Socketed (2)
Defense: (452 - 505) to (816 - 911)
Required Level: 21
Required Strength:
52 to 54
Item Level: 31
+10% Bonus Elemental Damage to Mark of the Wild
-(5 to 8)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-(5 to 8)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
-(5 to 8)% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+(64 to 83)% Enhanced Defense
+20 Life Regenerated per Second
Maximum Life +(3 to 4)%
Poison Resist +(31 to 35)%
Requirements -(6 to 10)%
Socketed (4)
Defense: (1166 - 1275) to (2031 - 2221)
Required Level: 39
Required Strength:
171 to 179
Item Level: 51
+15% Bonus Elemental Damage to Mark of the Wild
-(10 to 13)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-(10 to 13)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
-(10 to 13)% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+(104 to 123)% Enhanced Defense
+35 Life Regenerated per Second
Maximum Life +(4 to 5)%
Poison Resist +(41 to 45)%
Requirements -(11 to 15)%
Socketed (5)
Defense: (1738 - 1885) to (3030 - 3287)
Required Level: 47
Required Strength:
322 to 338
Item Level: 77
+20% Bonus Elemental Damage to Mark of the Wild
-(15 to 18)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-(15 to 18)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
-(15 to 18)% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+(124 to 143)% Enhanced Defense
+50 Life Regenerated per Second
Maximum Life +(5 to 6)%
Poison Resist +(46 to 50)%
Requirements -(16 to 20)%
Socketed (6)
to make use of his buff. He's also good for killing lightning absorb mobs and very simple to gear.
StinkRot
Prowler
15 | 0
I am trying to kill Zagraal. I watched your video and tried to replicate. It just isnt working for me. My summons just die the moment I summon them. I feel like I never have a moment to attack.
NotCube
Grubber
337 | 161
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
StinkRot wrote:I am trying to kill Zagraal. I watched your video and tried to replicate. It just isnt working for me. My summons just die the moment I summon them. I feel like I never have a moment to attack.

Oh I died a lot to Zagraal too. He's just an anti-squish boss. It is very doable without good gear or being overleveled though, but it'll be a corpserun.

Open a tp from far away. When you see his health bar, spam summons ahead to bait him. Maxing out cast rate is quite nice for spamming Scourge as well if you haven't maxed it already. Watch him very closely and shoot immediately whenever he's not in bat form. You will die. Just do as much damage as possible before dying.
Jordan28
Invader
9 | 0
What resource did you use to find the native rolls in your mid game shrine crafting section, thank you.
Im_a_ninja
Core Lord
384 | 39
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Jordan28 wrote:What resource did you use to find the native rolls in your mid game shrine crafting section, thank you.

https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/wiki/affixes
StinkRot
Prowler
15 | 0
NotCube wrote:
StinkRot wrote:I am trying to kill Zagraal. I watched your video and tried to replicate. It just isnt working for me. My summons just die the moment I summon them. I feel like I never have a moment to attack.

Oh I died a lot to Zagraal too. He's just an anti-squish boss. It is very doable without good gear or being overleveled though, but it'll be a corpserun.

Open a tp from far away. When you see his health bar, spam summons ahead to bait him. Maxing out cast rate is quite nice for spamming Scourge as well if you haven't maxed it already. Watch him very closely and shoot immediately whenever he's not in bat form. You will die. Just do as much damage as possible before dying.

Oh good, so I am not just bad.

If you don't mind may I ask a couple of gearing questions?

I am level 123 now and this is my first character. I am not sure how to best start transitioning into mid game gear. Currently I am just farming Kurast 3000 for shrines to try and craft. I am mostly crafting with ornate shrines. I have also begun crafting jewels, though i haven't had any luck yet. Is this the best way to go about it?

I plan to do shield, gloves, chest, in that order. I made https://i.imgur.com/t5PlFuZ.png it has 4 yul in it when that was taken. Is that better then the early game shield with mos?

EDIT: I jsut noticed, in the mid game gear you suggest runeword boots, but you say to down level them, It says that only works on rares?
NotCube
Grubber
337 | 161
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
StinkRot wrote:
NotCube wrote:

Oh good, so I am not just bad.

If you don't mind may I ask a couple of gearing questions?

I am level 123 now and this is my first character. I am not sure how to best start transitioning into mid game gear. Currently I am just farming Kurast 3000 for shrines to try and craft. I am mostly crafting with ornate shrines. I have also begun crafting jewels, though i haven't had any luck yet. Is this the best way to go about it?

I plan to do shield, gloves, chest, in that order. I made https://i.imgur.com/t5PlFuZ.png it has 4 yul in it when that was taken. Is that better then the early game shield with mos?

EDIT: I jsut noticed, in the mid game gear you suggest runeword boots, but you say to down level them, It says that only works on rares?

Downlevel is for crafting, not the rw. So it's like this: Get rare boots > downlevel > cube with shrine.

That shield is a bad roll. Ivory Tower is better than that. I'd roll over it until you get a better shield. Use the affix table to see how much pierce/lsd you can possibly get an aim for something close.