Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
I'll update it when I have the time.. someday
kitsuneshiro
Skeleton
3 | 0
I've been following this guide and everything has gone rather well. But I just he the immovable object known as NM Baal and I'm at a loss for what to do about him. I barely even tickle him. he just deletes my pets and then deletes me. I've double checked the nm section which give me no reason to believe I should be having any trouble at all with nm in general. I've looked all over the internet at this point and can't find any useful information to help. I'm honestly about to just give up this is not a fun challenge.
Elendilli
Djinn
548 | 67
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
kitsuneshiro wrote:I've been following this guide and everything has gone rather well. But I just he the immovable object known as NM Baal and I'm at a loss for what to do about him. I barely even tickle him. he just deletes my pets and then deletes me. I've double checked the nm section which give me no reason to believe I should be having any trouble at all with nm in general. I've looked all over the internet at this point and can't find any useful information to help. I'm honestly about to just give up this is not a fun challenge.

You probably have zero %AR and can't land any hits on him. You could just ask in Discord why you're having so much trouble and people could easily point it out for you since you probably don't have prior experience in this game.
kitsuneshiro
Skeleton
3 | 0
Elendilli wrote:
kitsuneshiro wrote:I've been following this guide and everything has gone rather well. But I just he the immovable object known as NM Baal and I'm at a loss for what to do about him. I barely even tickle him. he just deletes my pets and then deletes me. I've double checked the nm section which give me no reason to believe I should be having any trouble at all with nm in general. I've looked all over the internet at this point and can't find any useful information to help. I'm honestly about to just give up this is not a fun challenge.

You probably have zero %AR and can't land any hits on him. You could just ask in Discord why you're having so much trouble and people could easily point it out for you since you probably don't have prior experience in this game.

I suppose I should have looked at that but I seem to remember reading in this guide that I wouldn't need to worry about AR since I get so much from the skills. As to discord why have a forum if I should just go to discord for everything?
Elendilli
Djinn
548 | 67
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
kitsuneshiro wrote:
Elendilli wrote:

I suppose I should have looked at that but I seem to remember reading in this guide that I wouldn't need to worry about AR since I get so much from the skills. As to discord why have a forum if I should just go to discord for everything?

So the thing about guides is that they're written by members of the community which means they won't be perfect or contain all information. Guides will point you in the right direction but it is possible for a guide to be lacking in one department or another. Guides are generally an extension of what the writer has experienced so a few missing points are not too big of a deal. Sometimes the 'missing points' are just a matter of personal or conflicting opinions and won't be included in the writeup. This is why I personally recommend players to ask for help / more information from more than one person to confirm accuracy.

Discord is the fastest response time for relatively accurate answers depending on who is answering them. The only way you don't get a full answer is when someone gives you general advice because they themselves haven't tested it and give an answer by word of mouth which is generally fine since your question was not too difficult to the point where someone who specializes in the build or has immense knowledge of that class would need to give you an answer.
rumblealex
Lava Lord
96 | 90
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
kitsuneshiro wrote:I seem to remember reading in this guide that I wouldn't need to worry about AR since I get so much from the skills. As to discord why have a forum if I should just go to discord for everything?

Wolf morph AR bonus was changed from Flat AR to %based, which makes it a lot harder to stack incredibly high amount of AR early on. % bonus to AR used to synergize with the flat bonus from the morph and resulted in pretty much 95% chance to hit everything while leveling. It's not like that anymore.

As for discord, bringing up wolfdruid questions in there pretty much guarantees someone will ping me to answer it.. or laugh about it.

Just trying to find the motivation to update this guide, but it's been hard to find lately.
kitsuneshiro
Skeleton
3 | 0
Ahh.. I see. I think in the end I was just thrown for a loop by what felt like a massive spike in difficulty from everything before the boss himself. I've actually really enjoyed the build outside of the instance that is NM Baal and while I'm sure I sounded like an A**, I meant no offense and was just irritable. All that said I appreciate the responses to my nubish wailing.
Stereox
Cog
247 | 4
TBH Wolf druid is awful untwinked

Harbinger is excellent for speedfarming, but that's it. Twister damage is good, it's just the mechanic that is shit. It only works on stationary target, and doesn't even have AoE on it
skrig
Balrog
128 | 0
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
^^ Also the mana regen buff period is stupidly short :evil:
PodolskyV
Gravedigger
184 | 6
How about midgame or endgame dex werewolf with crystal sword? By the way it has -20 WSM.