Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Anointedone wrote:
NotCube wrote:
Anointedone wrote:I'm having a lot of fun with this build. Thank you! Being brand new to medianxl, you do a great job of simplifying crafting and making TUs. The only thing I'm having trouble with are the gloves. I have a pair of tier 1 rare gloves, the Pul rune and the Mark, but nothing happens when I try to cube them. Any help would be appreciated.

The rune and the mark are for different recipes.
If you're trying to make Kali runeword, the gloves must be white/grey with socket(s).
If you're trying to make an honorific from a rare: cube rare gloves + oil of renewal to make it white. Then cube it with oil of enhancement to make it blue. Then cube it with the mark to make it honorific.

Thank you. For noobs like me, the arrows are deceiving making it seem like they're prerequisites for the craft. Don't take it personal, but maybe specify that for dumb people like me lol. That being said, I'm pretty sure I tried socketing the Pul rune into white gloves and it only gave me Pul gloves. Every other runeword worked perfectly. Do the gloves have to be a certain ilvl?

Is the rune inserted in the last socket? If an item has more than 1 socket, you must fill it with jewels first then put the rune in the last slot.
Anointedone
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
NotCube wrote:
Anointedone wrote:
NotCube wrote:
Anointedone wrote:I'm having a lot of fun with this build. Thank you! Being brand new to medianxl, you do a great job of simplifying crafting and making TUs. The only thing I'm having trouble with are the gloves. I have a pair of tier 1 rare gloves, the Pul rune and the Mark, but nothing happens when I try to cube them. Any help would be appreciated.

If you're trying to make Kali runeword, the gloves must be white/grey with socket(s).
If you're trying to make an honorific from a rare: cube rare gloves + oil of renewal to make it white. Then cube it with oil of enhancement to make it blue. Then cube it with the mark to make it honorific.

Thank you. For noobs like me, the arrows are deceiving making it seem like they're prerequisites for the craft. Don't take it personal, but maybe specify that for dumb people like me lol. That being said, I'm pretty sure I tried socketing the Pul rune into white gloves and it only gave me Pul gloves. Every other runeword worked perfectly. Do the gloves have to be a certain ilvl?

Is the rune inserted in the last socket? If an item has more than 1 socket, you must fill it with jewels first then put the rune in the last slot.

I didn't know this, and was likely the issue. I decided to make some honorific instead. Last question: Is there a way to boost the stats from oils once they're placed? Uptiering doesn't work obviously. Or am I locked into the stats the oils give me at my current level? Thank you for the help :)
NotCube
Grubber
337 | 161
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Anointedone wrote:
NotCube wrote:
Anointedone wrote:
NotCube wrote:

I didn't know this, and was likely the issue. I decided to make some honorific instead. Last question: Is there a way to boost the stats from oils once they're placed? Uptiering doesn't work obviously. Or am I locked into the stats the oils give me at my current level? Thank you for the help :)

Idk what you mean by "stats from oils" so here's pure guesswork. If you mean orbs, as in mystic orbs, then no; not once they're placed. Honorifics and some uniques multiply orb bonuses upon cubing.

If you mean lucky oil/oil of conjuration, also no. It's luck based.
Anointedone
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
NotCube wrote:
Anointedone wrote:
NotCube wrote:
Anointedone wrote:
NotCube wrote:

Idk what you mean by "stats from oils" so here's pure guesswork. If you mean orbs, as in mystic orbs, then no; not once they're placed. Honorifics and some uniques multiply orb bonuses upon cubing.

If you mean lucky oil/oil of conjuration, also no. It's luck based.

Yeah, sorry I meant Orbs. The stats just seem kind of low for my level. Do the Orbs gain higher stat rolls at higher levels? I'm still only on Nightmare.
engelart
Imp
5 | 0
And other question i think last one hehe on the greaves the ones that you recommend to craft does they need to be sacred rare or just regular greaves. Thanks!
NotCube
Grubber
337 | 161
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
engelart wrote:And other question i think last one hehe on the greaves the ones that you recommend to craft does they need to be sacred rare or just regular greaves. Thanks!

Anointedone wrote:Yeah, sorry I meant Orbs. The stats just seem kind of low for my level. Do the Orbs gain higher stat rolls at higher levels? I'm still only on Nightmare.

Noperino my guy.
tbone503
Edyrem
803 | 23
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I understand the bloodlust prebuffing on Shamanka but what are prebuffing with Pax Mystica (Xis)?

NotCube
Grubber
337 | 161
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
tbone503 wrote:I understand the bloodlust prebuffing on Shamanka but what are prebuffing with Pax Mystica (Xis)?

For Superbeast etc. The durations and effects of most uhc buffs scale with soft skill points. Of course if you're using a +11 Black Sun Spear then there's no need for nefxis. In which case, Shamanka is better.
tbone503
Edyrem
803 | 23
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
NotCube wrote:
tbone503 wrote:I understand the bloodlust prebuffing on Shamanka but what are prebuffing with Pax Mystica (Xis)?

For Superbeast etc. The durations and effects of most uhc buffs scale with soft skill points. Of course if you're using a +11 Black Sun Spear then there's no need for nefxis. In which case, Shamanka is better.

got it, so it's just the +13 all skills that you're using from it for the buff. I may just use my Staff of Shadows +11 skills on switch then and load it with some nih runes for +40% more buff. Think that would make sense?

NotCube
Grubber
337 | 161
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge