1h Melee Necro (Dagger & Dex)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Stereox
Cog
247 | 4
JeppeAndersen wrote:
SinClaire wrote:

Am I just misinformed, or does Rathmas Chosen only affect minions, and not the player? I tried it out, and I didnt see any changes in attack spped or DS.

You also affected by the aura. Confirmed by d2stats
SinClaire
Lava Lord
94 | 2
Stereox wrote:
SinClaire wrote:

Once you get at least the charm, equip one and put another one in cube.
Run one of them, summon edyrems at the bridge before the boss to lure their edyrems and summon one beside the boss to combo up Bend Shadow -> Bane and hit him hoping he doesn't summon more or TP away. If so, repeat the edyrem summons. The counter starts after boss is killed, so go easy on the first one. After that BAIL out quickly and repeat on the same boss.

From my experience, Malthael is the one that keep TP-ing away, so do him first

Xazax is the same, lure penitents with edyrems at one corner then tp to get few hits and repeat. Gtfo on meteors and when he pounce.
Socket up Perfect Onyxes and/or use
Iceshell
Iceshell
Plate Mail (4)

Defense: (253 - 285) to (518 - 581)
Required Level: 6
Required Strength: 32
Item Level: 19
5% Chance to cast level 7 Ice Bolt Nova on Melee Attack
2% Chance to cast level 5 Glacial Nova when Attacked
15% Hit Recovery
Adds 10-15 Cold Damage
+(11 to 15)% to Cold Spell Damage
+(41 to 60)% Enhanced Defense
+(21 to 50) Defense
Maximum Cold Resist +1%
Socketed (2)
Defense: (802 - 880) to (1511 - 1657)
Required Level: 23
Required Strength: 63
Item Level: 36
6% Chance to cast level 14 Ice Bolt Nova on Melee Attack
3% Chance to cast level 15 Glacial Nova when Attacked
25% Hit Recovery
Adds 33-38 Cold Damage
+(16 to 20)% to Cold Spell Damage
+(71 to 90)% Enhanced Defense
+(101 to 200) Defense
Maximum Cold Resist +(1 to 2)%
Socketed (4)
Defense: (1867 - 2024) to (3345 - 3633)
Required Level: 42
Required Strength: 219
Item Level: 59
7% Chance to cast level 21 Ice Bolt Nova on Melee Attack
4% Chance to cast level 25 Glacial Nova when Attacked
35% Hit Recovery
Adds 65-75 Cold Damage
+(21 to 25)% to Cold Spell Damage
+(101 to 120)% Enhanced Defense
+(201 to 300) Defense
Maximum Cold Resist +2%
Socketed (5)
Defense: (3017 - 3231) to (5347 - 5737)
Required Level: 50
Required Strength: 438
Item Level: 85
8% Chance to cast level 28 Ice Bolt Nova on Melee Attack
4% Chance to cast level 30 Glacial Nova when Attacked
45% Hit Recovery
Adds 130-150 Cold Damage
+(26 to 30)% to Cold Spell Damage
+(141 to 160)% Enhanced Defense
+(301 to 400) Defense
Maximum Cold Resist +3%
Socketed (6)
to counter glacial spikes
Prepare a lot of potions in inventory just in case you dps isn't high enough to beat him on 4 minute lock

Thanks for the tip. I'll try it out when I get the chance. I've never used Bend the Shadows and Bane skills at all, so I guess it's time that I practice incorporating them to my okay playstyle.

For xazax, I have no probs with his attacks, it's his penitents that's giving me a hard time. I'll try that strategy with edyrems (come to think of it, I have never used these guys also). But I'll probably attempt this one again once I have better gear. This fight is like astrogha except there's a lockout and you can't kill the adds.
skrig
Balrog
128 | 0
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
You can also try crafted body/Mal RW belt with blast wave o-skill/charges to push penitents and give yourself a 3 seconds window to attack :-D
SinClaire
Lava Lord
94 | 2
Accomplished JD upgrade after some practice. I found that you need to kill the red guy first before the darker colored one. And that you never ever run in these stages or the edyrems will massacre you.

Lilith was only kind of difficult because of the mechanics of the area. Edyrems kept dying, some right after I summon them. But my high def and block kept me alive here. Carnage melted her as soon as she lost her invulnerability.

Bremmtown was easy. The enemies here are basically moths to the fire. They pounce on you then they burn on your carnage aoe. Got the upgrade easily on my first attempt and I wasn't even really trying. The high def and block definitely helped me here. I'll definitely farm this for a high life charm.

Now I have a lot of +Max skills and I don't know how to spread my points around yet so they just stay as is. Still using the same gear.

Tried taking on Valthek. I have no idea wtf to do so I just died over and over. Should I respec to all VIT for this fight? Max DEX is useless here right?
SinClaire
Lava Lord
94 | 2
skrig wrote:You can also try crafted body/Mal RW belt with blast wave o-skill/charges to push penitents and give yourself a 3 seconds window to attack :-D

I'll give that a try. Anything to keep penitents off my back will definitely help. I have a few new charms now so I think my damage got boosted somewhat.
skrig
Balrog
128 | 0
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
SinClaire wrote:
skrig wrote:You can also try crafted body/Mal RW belt with blast wave o-skill/charges to push penitents and give yourself a 3 seconds window to attack :-D

I'll give that a try. Anything to keep penitents off my back will definitely help. I have a few new charms now so I think my damage got boosted somewhat.

Well, report how it went :flip:
SinClaire
Lava Lord
94 | 2
Tried taking on Belial. I don't know if it's the build or the charms I've accumulated or if the boss is really that easy. I was initially confused and tried killing all the copies but I found out that the boss is actually a shadowmelding rat. I really can't input any strategy here because I've just been wandering aimlessly at this stage, just LMB-ing with Carnage. Nothing he threw at me really posed any threat to me whatsoever. Will definitely farm this charm too.

Fauz is also manageable now. I found myself switching between carnage and parasite. Parasite mainly to kill all of the stygian-witch/succubus looking mobs, carnage mainly for necrobots (and whatever got left off from by parasite).

skrig wrote:
SinClaire wrote:

Hehe I haven't tried it again yet, mainly because the charm is kind of "meh" really. I mean, who even needs +skills at this point in the game. The reward vs preparation and effort isn't worth it right now imo. Instead, I'm farming charms instead for nice rolls. Spots I could farm effortlessly are Quov and Bremmtown. Vizjun to an extent but the nuclear strikes are a PITA.
skrig
Balrog
128 | 0
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
SinClaire wrote:Tried taking on Belial. I don't know if it's the build or the charms I've accumulated or if the boss is really that easy. I was initially confused and tried killing all the copies but I found out that the boss is actually a shadowmelding rat. I really can't input any strategy here because I've just been wandering aimlessly at this stage, just LMB-ing with Carnage. Nothing he threw at me really posed any threat to me whatsoever. Will definitely farm this charm too.

Fauz is also manageable now. I found myself switching between carnage and parasite. Parasite mainly to kill all of the stygian-witch/succubus looking mobs, carnage mainly for necrobots (and whatever got left off from by parasite).

skrig wrote:
SinClaire wrote:

Hehe I haven't tried it again yet, mainly because the charm is kind of "meh" really. I mean, who even needs +skills at this point in the game. The reward vs preparation and effort isn't worth it right now imo. Instead, I'm farming charms instead for nice rolls. Spots I could farm effortlessly are Quov and Bremmtown. Vizjun to an extent but the nuclear strikes are a PITA.

Vizjun was best for XP last season :bounce: to not catch nuclear bullshit change places once a few sec and never go back :flip:
Vodkaxxl
Imp
4 | 0
Can somebody write here speedcaps ? i cant open any tool from mxl ;/
maulanh2200
Prowler
18 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Does this build exist?