The TLDR 2H Barb

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Robotak wrote:Hello, i have one question. How does
Thunder King of Sescheron
Thunder King of Sescheron
Kriegsmesser (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 53 to 57
(Barbarian Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 642
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.14 per Strength)%
Stormblast: +1 Projectile
Thundergod Nova Deals 5000 Lightning Damage
Lightning Shield: +(18 to 30) Lightning Damage to Weapon per Skill Level
20% Chance to cast level 10 Life Spark on Melee Attack
Adds (200 to 300)-(450 to 600) Lightning Damage
-(30 to 40)% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+10 to Stormblast
10% Chance of Crushing Blow
100% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (6)
work? Do I have to wield it right hand to have effect or left hand, how does it work with another high dps weapon like great sword? Or is it viable to dual wield this weapon ( 2 kings ) which will result in 3 stormblast projectiles? Thanks

patchnotes 1.1 (nerf)
THUNDER KING OF SESCHERON: Stormblast modifier is now single wield only

As for other questions:
2h set is pretty average, wouldn't actively chase it, but if you randomly find all correct pieces, it should beat TU. High dodge bonus is quite nice.

Craft with SOR, max damage, skills and good ed = nice. It might be one of the best i've seen, rolled all good mods, including great proc.
youtube.com/ae1337
tehsui3
Fallen
1 | 0
hi guys,is that now dual sword weild still playable?im somethings like classic dual sword barb lover too
haemoneptra
Pit Knight
100 | 2
any suggestions on end-game spec gearwise?
Fululf
Gravedigger
196 | 11
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
haemoneptra wrote:any suggestions on end-game spec gearwise?

It probably depends on what u want to do and how much u want to spend. I'd probably go for something like this:
SU Labrys or good rolled craft. Shaad might be good too, I havent tried it tho.
liliths legion is my helm of choice, i like the mf it provides, along with nice stat bonus/ar/DR. Another option could be warmonger.
Crafted gauntlets with abandoned craft/bless. I like to aim for 20mf roll. U can also get dmg and other useful mods. There are also some XIS-rws u might want to consider, like Brawl or Mercy.
Windrunner boots for frw/dmg/%ar.
For the belt I usually use a Truce, which is rather cheap. Im sure a black void is good, or a liliths if u prefer extra mf over some defensive stats.
For the rings I guess 2x giants knuckle would be neat for extra dr% aswell as DS %.
Amulet dyers eve. Some dmg, skills, DR and DS. All around useful mods!
For body armor u could use a khazra if u dont mind high str req. Otherwise a NIH rw armor is cheap and good imo.

On switch u can use a crafted barb axe with Motw + nimmen SU war axe.

There are probably fancier options out there that I can't think of atm, but this setup has worked well for me with this build (:
Maybe some1 else will share different opinions on how to gear it!
Hope it helps at least, and hf gl with the build. It's fun.. :D
noname215
Skeleton
2 | 0
Hey Aerial, thank for the super nice build, this is my first Bar build and it has gone really well. I have on question, you do you thing about the wichhunter's hood to replace the lavadome ? and any recommended SU for this build or just using shine crafted for life, dmg, all sts, res etc ??
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
Set cap is good, for some uses at least, max resist for lab, for certain quests like quov tsin.
If you are going for that vitality stat/craft synergy, craft is still probably better. Note that if you compare just lavadome vs quiet craft, lavadome stats are quite difficult to beat, it has stats of very nice craft already.

Endgame setup was discussed multiple times here, just read through the thread, it is only 100 pages! :D
There is couple of reason why I didn't list it.
This is supposed to be newb guide how to do things on budget. Secondly, this build isn't very strong if you heavily invest in it, compared to some other classes. Don't want people to dump shitload of tg for some fancy eth su and be disappointed. It will be better if you start from cheap gear, and if you really like it and understand how it works, then you can figure it out by yourself, what would be potential upgrade from gear I listed.
youtube.com/ae1337
noname215
Skeleton
2 | 0
aerial wrote:Set cap is good, for some uses at least, max resist for lab, for certain quests like quov tsin.
If you are going for that vitality stat/craft synergy, craft is still probably better. Note that if you compare just lavadome vs quiet craft, lavadome stats are quite difficult to beat, it has stats of very nice craft already.

Endgame setup was discussed multiple times here, just read through the thread, it is only 100 pages! :D
There is couple of reason why I didn't list it.
This is supposed to be newb guide how to do things on budget. Secondly, this build isn't very strong if you heavily invest in it, compared to some other classes. Don't want people to dump shitload of tg for some fancy eth su and be disappointed. It will be better if you start from cheap gear, and if you really like it and understand how it works, then you can figure it out by yourself, what would be potential upgrade from gear I listed.

Thank you man, appreciate that :D :D
haemoneptra
Pit Knight
100 | 2
ok, any tips on how to kill uldy? i got void done with old eagle healer, but i can only get minimal damage on uldy before he kills me and gets his life back...
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
haemoneptra wrote:ok, any tips on how to kill uldy? i got void done with old eagle healer, but i can only get minimal damage on uldy before he kills me and gets his life back...

Uldy is not really possible with melee, unless you can deal with edyrems somehow, and/or have crazy gear. Just respec to throw, you can use the same gear for both builds pretty much.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
Yeah for uldy fight nothing is going our way with melee build. You wanna be ranged, and ideally you wanna have other means of defense than.. defense, which is really weak in this fight. I think bunch of attacks there ignore defense entirely, enemies have extremely high attack rating too.
So having block makes huge difference, because block seems to work at its full value.

Also about the build itself.
I tested a bunch with my chars, and it seems that with all the indirect buffs, difference between iron spiral and deathgaze seems to be smaller than I originally thought. Gaze is still more damage, especially small pack/single target, but for aoe it gets closer.
Theres few factors:
- multiple changes to %dmg between spiral and gaze, narrowing the gap, so spiral gets bit better each patch
- much more damage overall by going wolf stance vs bear
- more AR with new flat AR from skills/runes + sword skills have its own % ar bonus which adds even more
- going sword saves few skill points
- not having tslam is less painful since it has huge cooldown
- no bear stance route makes us having less defense early to the point it hurts a little bit (vs no issue before), so shield is worth much more early
- stormblast > iceburst
- free to use windform without switching
- crafts that go up to +270 flat dmg for 1h sword, and majority of our enhanced damage coming from stance (so 1 vs 2h penalty is less important)
- we are starved on physical resist so extra from shield is valuable
- option to go dual wield = easy free pierce, faster attack speed, putting our single target damage close to 2h axe

All this makes run with a sword quite viable and potentially smoother than going with an axe..
We deal enough damage to comfortable 2-3 shot big crowds in ubers, all the way through TA to duncraig as we progress, in duncraig we can easily ww through packs making it literally impossible to get hit by barrels.
If we face tougher target, small packs, we can stormblast it.
All the way we have tons of defense because of invictus, pretty much maintaining 5% chance to get hit through all progression without trying to hard.

If things don't change this could as well evolve to sword + shield spec, because its getting to the point it could be better.
youtube.com/ae1337