Trap Assassin

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Sad. Well, this is still BIS for trapsin. Coupled with an oil of conjuration and an occult effigy to turn life leech into spell damage, this could reach the best amount of spell damage increment possible for sin on a weapon. Definitely in my list of gear for Labyrinth. Tanking in there is still an issue past lvl 12. Everything is fast as Usain Bolt, kills me in 3 hits.

Still have to find that Cestus tho.
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Is 300% dmg from one element the same as 100% dmg from three separate elements for Subterfuge?
FuriousBEAR
Cog
204 | 11

dunno, it's 4 different elements

edit: also, it's not
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Diaco wrote:Is 300% dmg from one element the same as 100% dmg from three separate elements for Subterfuge?

Let’s say you have 300% fire spell damage increase. Multiply that by 33% and you get a 100% trap damage boost. All spell damage is calculated here except for poison.

So let’s say you have 100 to %spell damage. Which covers fire, cold, light, physical/magical ( these 2 counts as 1) and poison. 4 out of the 5 works with Subterfuge. So math will go as follow:

100% spell damage multiplied by 33% gets you a 33% increase. But here all 4 elements are covered so you get 33% 4 times, gaining 133% total.

tl;dr: Spell damage is 4x superior to single element spell damage, prioritize this first. Then + skills. Good examples are TU boots/ TU sash.
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Diaco wrote:Is 300% dmg from one element the same as 100% dmg from three separate elements for Subterfuge?

Let’s say you have 300% fire spell damage increase. Multiply that by 33% and you get a 100% trap damage boost.

So let’s say you have 100 to %spell damage. Which covers fire, cold, light, physical/magical ( these 2 counts as 1) and poison. 4 out of the 5 works with Subterfuge (Poison does not). So math will go as follow:

100% spell damage multiplied by 33% gets you a 33% increase. But here all 4 elements are covered so you get 33% 4 times, gaining 133% total.

tl;dr: Spell damage is 4x superior to single element spell damage, prioritize this first. Then + skills. Good examples are TU boots/ TU sash.
Splargh
Grubber
321 | 13
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time

400% dmg to one element is the same as 100% dmg to all elements

because the skill benefits from 4 elements
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Then I guess the best shrine for crafting would be enchanted, right? Since at least you get some magic resist instead of - enemy res which is useless
Inno86
Balrog
138 | 11
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Question about gearing....

What would be the best in slot as offhand?

I think the best in slot for main hand is Implement 7. Not sure if for the offhand would be better Sagittarius (+7 sk, survivability), another Implement 7 (+5 sk, spell dmg) or something else??

I tend to think Sagittarius maybe be the best option for offhand as pierce doesn't stack.. but still +5 sk and spell dmg is pretty OP

Anyone tested?
smartasss
Cow Ninja
1218 | 11
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Rha Rw is best offhand imo.
Solix
Skeleton
2 | 0
having major survivability issues on my trapsin - level 116 still in TUs thanks to no set drops yet... i've managed to complete most of the quests up to level 115 but it's a frustrating experience with all of the instadeaths.