[Not recommended as of 2.1] Maelstrom Assassin miniguide

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Conquest
Azure Drake
169 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
It's a decent character to play, even post-nerf. Fast farmer in areas that matter the most for farming gear.
For armor solitude UMO + Natalya deception is also good but that's an endgame item, with 5x solitude + 1x the orb that trades -10 lvl for +50% req you will have 40% all stats + 200% buff duration on level 82 armor. Slapped two more UMOs with 10% mf and ended up with 80/80 MF GF and level req 102. Still about three UMO spaces on it. I think i'll just stack MF, that will give me 200% which solves any MF problems with one item. With MF corrupted wormhole it'll be about 300 in total, you can get additional MF from aba crafted pieces. Going beyond 400% isn't very effective anyway. This buff duration nicely goes with shadow refugee which will be about 60 seconds duration.
AnimeWaifu
Stygian Watcher
43 | 26
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Conquest wrote:It's a decent character to play, even post-nerf. Fast farmer in areas that matter the most for farming gear.
For armor solitude UMO + Natalya deception is also good but that's an endgame item, with 5x solitude + 1x the orb that trades -10 lvl for +50% req you will have 40% all stats + 200% buff duration on level 82 armor. Slapped two more UMOs with 10% mf and ended up with 80/80 MF GF and level req 102. Still about three UMO spaces on it. I think i'll just stack MF, that will give me 200% which solves any MF problems with one item. With MF corrupted wormhole it'll be about 300 in total, you can get additional MF from aba crafted pieces. Going beyond 400% isn't very effective anyway. This buff duration nicely goes with shadow refugee which will be about 60 seconds duration.

Why would you use solitude on nats when you can use marksmans eye.
Eltrius
Thunder Beetle
54 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Istaryu wrote:I have no idea what you are talking about guys. Maelstrom doesnt have any synergy with Scorpion blade. It is the other way around. Scorpion blade fires more knives per 4 base lvls in maelstrom.

Oh, all this time i tought it was the other way haha, sorry my bad, now i know, anyway, think max Maelstorm is savage because the mana bixxx cost, i try that long time ago and it's true
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
AKwasp wrote:I tried shrine crafting but nothing came out as good as these semi-set pieces. Especially because they require so much more strength to equip. I drafted a table of relevant craftable affixes, but am having a hard time evaluating the outcomes. Advice would be appreciated. Especially advice how to weigh the value of +skills.
► Show Spoiler

I have screenshoots of decent crafted items in the original post. + skills are nice to have, since its more scaling for maelstrom, but its not as important as a high dex roll, in my opinion.

AKwasp wrote:Also where did you find the throwing/balanced knife IAS breakpoints? Do they cap out as you listed?

Speed calculator, obviously.

AKwasp wrote:I'm looking forward to playing through Triune and Teganze when I next get a chance. Never gotten that far in MXL before. Hopefully my gear is good enough!

Both pretty easy with this build. You just have to drink potions without the laek from beads of the snake queen.

Conquest wrote:It's a decent character to play, even post-nerf. Fast farmer in areas that matter the most for farming gear.

I think umos are a waste on this build, because it can do everything but sam and labs very easily without umos, but cant do high labs/sam even with omgwtf gear, so it is kind of pointless.
AKwasp
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Istaryu wrote:
AKwasp wrote:I'm looking forward to playing through Triune and Teganze when I next get a chance. Never gotten that far in MXL before. Hopefully my gear is good enough!

Both pretty easy with this build.

Omg Lucion took an hour to kill. So much corpse surfing...
kolyeah8
Azure Drake
173 | 5
dont all chars take the same time to kill lucion? :o
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
kolyeah8 wrote:dont all chars take the same time to kill lucion? :o

If you know what you are doing, its a 3-5min fight.
Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Ffor honorific, isn't it better to use tier1 gear for the extra MO space? We don't need defense anyways...
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Diaco wrote:Ffor honorific, isn't it better to use tier1 gear for the extra MO space? We don't need defense anyways...

No, you want sockets for resists early, and them amehtysts. Tier 1 gloves and belts have only 1.
OrphineM
Gravedigger
188 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Istaryu wrote:
kolyeah8 wrote:dont all chars take the same time to kill lucion? :o

If you know what you are doing, its a 3-5min fight.

This is entirely contingent on their AI being entirely cooperative. I'd like to see a video of someone actually killing him that fast since Malic seems to not heavily damage Lucion.