play something else

Aesti
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
hello, a rare ring can have up to 6 different affixes, and a max of 3 being prefixes and 3 suffixes

currently a rare ring can roll these
Best prefixes to look for
+1 skills is the best one, if its on the item it's always 1, cant be 2 or more.

it can also roll +(21 to 30) EF to spell dmg (there's different tier of this same prefix like 3 to 5 but a ring can only have 1 stat from the same group)

8 to 15% light spell dmg (same as above there's different tiers from this stat this one's the best)

there's are the best prefixes IMO
Best suffixes would be...
6 to 10% enemy light resist suffix (this is definitely what we want and you already specified this in the gear tabs)

but it can roll another two suffixes and from looking at the list what would suit our build best?
we can get up to +10 flat to all stats, up to 15% life to summoned minions, theres a few 2% Ctc skills and reanimate monsters, up to 6% extra exp gain stuff like that (but no magic find or cast speed these are prefixes) so what would you recommend, if you have any idea or it should be up to us depending on what we find?

source:
https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/wiki/affixes

obviously getting the perfect rare ring could be impossible but since i'm in singleplayer and i like taking my time to build my characters i don't have to play my char with a time limit because of ladder reset.. thanks
Aesti
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
oh, and is it worth to use the lottery recipe on a ring for +1 skill considering it's very low chance to success or a luck for a little extra spell dmg is better? im holding to a decent ring and i wouldnt like to mess it up, though if it does i dont think its much of a loss anyways :)
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Aesti wrote:oh, and is it worth to use the lottery recipe on a ring for +1 skill considering it's very low chance to success or a luck for a little extra spell dmg is better? im holding to a decent ring and i wouldnt like to mess it up, though if it does i dont think its much of a loss anyways :)

You can lotto unique and set items only.
tbone503
Edyrem
803 | 23
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Istaryu wrote:
Aesti wrote:oh, and is it worth to use the lottery recipe on a ring for +1 skill considering it's very low chance to success or a luck for a little extra spell dmg is better? im holding to a decent ring and i wouldnt like to mess it up, though if it does i dont think its much of a loss anyways :)

You can lotto unique and set items only.

I'm familiar with the purple potion for luck cube recipe, but what is this lottery recipe for unique and set items you are talking about?
Aesti
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
oh hes right only unique i forgot that my bad, tbone503 the lotto recipe you can find here https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/items/cube it depends if you want to lotto a ring, quiver, armor the recipe changes and the chance it works is very very very small but its great on rings and quivers
NotCube
Grubber
337 | 161
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Aesti wrote:hello, a rare ring can have up to 6 different affixes, and a max of 3 being prefixes and 3 suffixes

currently a rare ring can roll these
Best prefixes to look for
+1 skills is the best one, if its on the item it's always 1, cant be 2 or more.

it can also roll +(21 to 30) EF to spell dmg (there's different tier of this same prefix like 3 to 5 but a ring can only have 1 stat from the same group)

8 to 15% light spell dmg (same as above there's different tiers from this stat this one's the best)

there's are the best prefixes IMO
Best suffixes would be...
6 to 10% enemy light resist suffix (this is definitely what we want and you already specified this in the gear tabs)

but it can roll another two suffixes and from looking at the list what would suit our build best?
we can get up to +10 flat to all stats, up to 15% life to summoned minions, theres a few 2% Ctc skills and reanimate monsters, up to 6% extra exp gain stuff like that (but no magic find or cast speed these are prefixes) so what would you recommend, if you have any idea or it should be up to us depending on what we find?

source:
https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/wiki/affixes

obviously getting the perfect rare ring could be impossible but since i'm in singleplayer and i like taking my time to build my characters i don't have to play my char with a time limit because of ladder reset.. thanks

Beside +1 skills, EF, pierce, lsd, the only other suffixes you'd want are life after kill for farming and +exp. 2% random reanimate could be godly if you're lucky with your reanimate like Unseelie Lady, but so far I haven't seen elite reanimates on rare rings yet.
tbone503
Edyrem
803 | 23
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Would be nice if there was a re-roll recipe for rare rings and amulets like there is in vanilla D2 LOD. As it stands now you have to find them all in the wild, trade for them, or get them gambling, and the gambling prices are wayyyy to high. That's another area where vanilla D2 LOD is better imho (somewhat reasonable gambling prices).
Aesti
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
I see, I haven't found any good rare ring for this build that came with reanimate i looked at tiered and sacred uniques pages for rings too and there's this one called Witchcraft which I understand can drop in Duncraig because its the right lvl zone

+2 to All Skills
20% Cast Speed
-5% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
Maximum Mana (-5 to 5)%
Total Character Defense 20%

it has some space for orbs and the TCD is pretty high though i dont know if we really need the defense? i sure do now but for late game?

And yes I'd love a reroll recipe for rare rings and ammys, but maybe a zone were they dropped a lot more often but that it was a high lvl zone and/or pretty hard to clear or had some other way to counterbalance getting them would be nice... good thing about gambling can give high level sacred uniques jewelry or so i have read
tbone503
Edyrem
803 | 23
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Aesti wrote:good thing about gambling can give high level sacred uniques jewelry or so i have read

Better load up on gold if you're going to try the gambling route.

NotCube
Grubber
337 | 161
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Aesti wrote:I see, I haven't found any good rare ring for this build that came with reanimate i looked at tiered and sacred uniques pages for rings too and there's this one called Witchcraft which I understand can drop in Duncraig because its the right lvl zone

+2 to All Skills
20% Cast Speed
-5% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
Maximum Mana (-5 to 5)%
Total Character Defense 20%

it has some space for orbs and the TCD is pretty high though i dont know if we really need the defense? i sure do now but for late game?

And yes I'd love a reroll recipe for rare rings and ammys, but maybe a zone were they dropped a lot more often but that it was a high lvl zone and/or pretty hard to clear or had some other way to counterbalance getting them would be nice... good thing about gambling can give high level sacred uniques jewelry or so i have read

Witchcraft isn't that great for this build. 20% TCD is a drop in the ocean due to the TCD on Tainted Blood. Same for 5% mana. The rest can be found on rares. A lotto'd one might be usable but other than that, keep picking up all rare rings and you'll find a good one eventually.