Caster Druid

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Bardamu
Gravedigger
183 | 57
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
mortimer_85 wrote:Please never forget: Some builds may be better than others, but the thing that matters most is the dedication you put into gearing your char and the way you are able to play your char.

100% agree.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
mortimer_85 wrote:all elemental casters (poison excluded), even with great gear, are rather weak in Labs because of the absorb modifier from T6+
{snip}
But if you wanna farm labs fast rather than make a point, there is no reason to choose a Caster Druid.

A couple of points raised in the words above...

1. So poison casters don't suffer the absorb penalty? Makes me wonder if there's a case for poison druid in labs!

2. Well, yes I'd like to get a good labs character to do that content - it's not much fun to struggle if you can get to the end with something else.

So if rat can do T15 - and it seems to do ubers and farm well too - it could be the sensible option.

By the way, I'm not disrespecting your guide, it's really good and gives a great feel for what these builds can do and what they can't do. I try to get a SP char of each build as well for long-term playing around and experimenting so I'll definitely be looking to build at least one caster according to your excellent guide.
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Iirc the absorb modifier in Labs only applies to fire, cold and lightning. the poison damage reducing mod on the Lab mobs is a certain amount of reduced poison length.
I am not an expert on posion damage, but from what I gathered, poison pierce not only increases dps but also lowers the effect of reduced poison length.
If you have a well build poison char you should be able to do Labs better than other ele casters, if the above stuff is true :)

To the Poison Druid: In endgame gear, my guess is that you will be able to do regular mobs in high Tiers quite well but you have no good poison single Target skill.
So minibosses, corrupted heroes and Phoboss + anom would be a pain. Maybe you can get Arachnomancy from Thai in Druid Staves on a reasonable lvl but I think that is close to impossible.

I know that this stuff does not sound promising but if you are up to it, I would really appreciate some feedback on an endgame Poison Druid in Labs :)
xMudkips
Jungle Hunter
27 | 0
So I'm slowly leveling towards 120, hoping to swap to the Cold build soon (nothing dropping remotely useful for switching yet) but I'm getting destroyed doing most of the level 115 challenge fights.

I know this wasn't written for HC, but is there a strategy while still poison spec to not die over and over to slowly finish each challenge? Most of this issue could be slow kill speed/lack of experience in the fights themselves.

Any item that looks bad, has been unable to be replaced due to nothing of worth dropping for said slot. I check all rare rings/amulets in an attempt to increase life/damage. Feels like I'm slowly running into a wall, and I figured transitioning to Cold may help, but no luck on gear for that spec quite yet.

https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=MuddyStorms
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
xMudkips wrote:So I'm slowly leveling towards 120, hoping to swap to the Cold build soon (nothing dropping remotely useful for switching yet) but I'm getting destroyed doing most of the level 115 challenge fights.

I know this wasn't written for HC, but is there a strategy while still poison spec to not die over and over to slowly finish each challenge? Most of this issue could be slow kill speed/lack of experience in the fights themselves.

Any item that looks bad, has been unable to be replaced due to nothing of worth dropping for said slot. I check all rare rings/amulets in an attempt to increase life/damage. Feels like I'm slowly running into a wall, and I figured transitioning to Cold may help, but no luck on gear for that spec quite yet.

Why are you using force of nature? Vine companion has everything you need.
xMudkips
Jungle Hunter
27 | 0
Edit: Nevermind, that armory link is false. I just logged in, and have NO points into Force of Nature.
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
xMudkips wrote:Edit: Nevermind, that armory link is false. I just logged in, and have NO points into Force of Nature.

It also says that you have 28 free skill points. Hmm.
xMudkips
Jungle Hunter
27 | 0
Yeah, that armory link is entirely wrong. I do have free skill points though, all the skills that the guide says to max, are maxed and the rest have nowhere useful to go for now.
Bardamu
Gravedigger
183 | 57
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
xMudkips wrote:So I'm slowly leveling towards 120, hoping to swap to the Cold build soon (nothing dropping remotely useful for switching yet) but I'm getting destroyed doing most of the level 115 challenge fights.

Switch TU gnarled to
Elverfolk

Elverfolk
Staves

'ChamIstVex'
Runeword Level: 83
+(7 to 8) to All Skills
+(60 to 80) Spell Focus
35% Cast Speed
-(27 to 33)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
+750 Defense vs. Missile
(21 to 30)% to Energy
Maximum Life and Mana +5%
Elemental Resists +(35 to 45)%
(31 to 40)% Bonus to Defense
10% Magic Find
, TU gloves to
Kali
Kali
Gloves

'LumKo'
Runeword Level: 48
15% Chance to cast level 13 Seal of Fire on Kill
+2 to All Skills
+15% to Summoned Minion Resistances
-214 Defense
5% to Strength
Maximum Fire Resist +4%
Fire Resist +25%
and TU scale mail to
Queen of Glass
Queen of Glass
Ancient Armor (4)

Defense: (315 - 344) to (630 - 688)
Required Level: 11
Required Strength:
33 to 34
Item Level: 29
15% Cast Speed
-(6 to 8)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
+(18 to 29)% Enhanced Defense
+(76 to 125) to Mana
Lightning Resist +(21 to 25)%
Cold Resist +(21 to 25)%
Requirements -(11 to 15)%
Socketed (2)
Defense: (899 - 969) to (1718 - 1852)
Required Level: 30
Required Strength:
57 to 60
Item Level: 40
25% Cast Speed
-(11 to 13)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
+(41 to 52)% Enhanced Defense
+(176 to 225) to Mana
Lightning Resist +(31 to 35)%
Cold Resist +(31 to 35)%
Requirements -(21 to 25)%
Socketed (4)
Defense: (2084 - 2224) to (3911 - 4173)
Required Level: 47
Required Strength:
175 to 186
Item Level: 67
35% Cast Speed
-(16 to 18)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
+(64 to 75)% Enhanced Defense
+(276 to 325) to Mana
Lightning Resist +(41 to 45)%
Cold Resist +(41 to 45)%
Requirements -(31 to 35)%
Socketed (5)
Defense: (3013 - 3202) to (5650 - 6005)
Required Level: 54
Required Strength:
323 to 344
Item Level: 85
40% Cast Speed
-(18 to 20)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
+(75 to 86)% Enhanced Defense
+(326 to 375) to Mana
Lightning Resist +(46 to 50)%
Cold Resist +(46 to 50)%
Requirements -(36 to 40)%
Socketed (6)
Also, dump spare points into rain of fire, you'll respec them later when you switch to ice/storm.
What ubers you having particular difficulties with?
xMudkips
Jungle Hunter
27 | 0
I haven't been able to get a War Staff of any tier to drop, and I double checked my filter to be sure. Should I just stick that Elverfolk into any T4 staff at this rate? I'll get right on the gloves and armor though, shouldn't take long at all.

First "uber" I had issues with was actually the ancients one. It was just insane how fast I'd die and get nothing done, I actually haven't gone back but I have gotten several levels and many zod crafted jewels added.

Next would be just trying to make my way through K3BA, and Athula took me at least 30 deaths until I realized each priestess used a wall of amazons. I finished Bull Prince, but he took another 20+ deaths at least, tried to hit and run but again, I'm not all that great at this game overall.