[Not recommended as of 2.1] Maelstrom Assassin miniguide

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Would a craft with good dmg and mana on striking be a good stepping stone between Void and VoidXis?
OrphineM
Gravedigger
188 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Diaco wrote:Would a craft with good dmg and mana on striking be a good stepping stone between Void and VoidXis?

I'm not sure what the mana cost per maelstrom is, but you can roll "+(81 to 120) Mana on Attack" and "15% Mana stolen per Hit", which trigger on using maelstrom and the physical damage from maelstrom, respectively, although the latter is going to be a bit weak as throwing knives aren't exactly winning in the base damage department.

A theoretical craft with a solid mix of the following mods can work, obviously Abandoned craft with intimidating bless to shore up ED if you fail to roll a high mod on that.

200% Enhanced Damage
+(151 to 190) to Maximum Damage
+(81 to 120) Mana on Attack this only triggers on melee slaps, do not roll this mod or MO it, it won't work.
+(26 to 30) to Dexterity
15% Mana stolen per Hit

Good luck rolling something like this though; you're better off just putting Void into a sacred base until you can get a xis rune.
Edited by OrphineM 4 years.
Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
OrphineM wrote:
Diaco wrote:Would a craft with good dmg and mana on striking be a good stepping stone between Void and VoidXis?

I'm not sure what the mana cost per maelstrom is, but you can roll "+(81 to 120) Mana on Attack" and "15% Mana stolen per Hit", which trigger on using maelstrom and the physical damage from maelstrom, respectively, although the latter is going to be a bit weak as throwing knives aren't exactly winning in the base damage department.

A theoretical craft with a solid mix of the following mods can work, obviously Abandoned craft with intimidating bless to shore up ED if you fail to roll a high mod on that.

200% Enhanced Damage
+(81 to 120) Mana on Attack
+(26 to 30) to Dexterity
15% Mana stolen per Hit

Good luck rolling something like this though; you're better off just putting Void into a sacred base until you can get a xis rune.

I guess I could also forego MoA and leech and replace it with MOs
OrphineM
Gravedigger
188 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Diaco wrote:
OrphineM wrote:

200% Enhanced Damage
+(81 to 120) Mana on Attack
+(26 to 30) to Dexterity
15% Mana stolen per Hit

I guess I could also forego MoA and leech and replace it with MOs

I had it wrong on the MoA mod, that's on melee slaps only, so it'll be a waste of an affix/mos
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Mana leech will do nothing either, because leech works only on physical damage, and Maelstrom does next to no physical dmg.
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
You'll only benefit from Mana on Striking and Mana After Kill. Try the Void RW if you're really struggling.
Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Semigloss wrote:You'll only benefit from Mana on Striking and Mana After Kill. Try the Void RW if you're really struggling.

Actually, I'm currently speccing traps, but I feel i could farm faster with Maelstrom, so I want to respecc but not before getting decent gear for it. I already have a sacred balanced knife tho and a rare sacred assassin shield for crafting
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Diaco wrote:
Semigloss wrote:You'll only benefit from Mana on Striking and Mana After Kill. Try the Void RW if you're really struggling.

Actually, I'm currently speccing traps, but I feel i could farm faster with Maelstrom, so I want to respecc but not before getting decent gear for it. I already have a sacred balanced knife tho and a rare sacred assassin shield for crafting

Don't waste your abandoned shrines on shield. TU totem shield is really amazing. Craft glove and belt first, then body armor or boots.
SinClaire
Lava Lord
94 | 2
Surprisingly super tanky. Probably the only character I've ever ever managed to reach max block. Reaching 4fpa block is definitely a must. I don't know if 3fpa is worth though.

I used to run with an elemental thrower, but now I've learned my mistake. This is definitely the better build. Not worrying about pierce relieves a lot of room in gear.

0 defense is trivial with high avoid and max block.
Conquest
Azure Drake
169 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
This build has one major flaw - Void RW pretty much mandatory. Other tknives might not even exist, as your mana sustain is entirely based on Void. The main skill converts 90% damage to magic, so you won't be able to leech mana. Mana on attack doesnt work either and mana on kill isn't that common on gear.