Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Krabator
Invader
8 | 2
Hello,

I don't understand a point regarding this guide and the Mystic Orb : https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/wiki/poison
1 - In the guide it is said that we need to raise the duration of the poison because the damage will be raised accordingly
2 - All the Mystic Orb have : Poison Length Reduced by x%

The Mystic Orb are supposed to be an upgrade... but in this case it seems to be a downgrade for the damage potencial
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Krabator wrote:Hello,

I don't understand a point regarding this guide and the Mystic Orb : https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/wiki/poison
1 - In the guide it is said that we need to raise the duration of the poison because the damage will be raised accordingly
2 - All the Mystic Orb have : Poison Length Reduced by x%

The Mystic Orb are supposed to be an upgrade... but in this case it seems to be a downgrade for the damage potencial

The Mystic Orb you and the guide are referring to has been removed.

The "Poison Length Reduced" Mystic Orb is actually a defensive stat. For example, if you are poisoned for one second and have 50% reduction, you are only poisoned for half a second, while keeping the dps constant for half the damage taken.

The page itself says on the top that it is outdated.
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
cyborgtemplar wrote:is trap sin with just lightening useful by itself later? it feels like i require catalyst trap to kill anything, and using clockwork slippers so cata trap isn't on such an extremely long cd, makes fire trap practically worthless.

I'm currently working on hard switching to maelstrom sin, since the necessity of catalyst trap to do dmg with it's cd is such an extreme slowdown on a relatively fast paced game. but am still curious.

At what stage of the game are you? What's your gear?
proletariat
Abomination
155 | 0
End-game bows for bowazon: are any better than a rare with 200ed and 300+max damage and tantrum?

Secret bow - looks interesting
Stardust (Auhe) - also interesting but reliant on elemental damage
Xis bows - up to 500 max damage on SuXis but miss on tantrum -> good option?
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1444 | 59
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
proletariat wrote:End-game bows for bowazon: are any better than a rare with 200ed and 300+max damage and tantrum?

A crafted one is the best, but you dont need tantrum on it, petulant is not the only good body armor. Enhanced ice breaker can be pretty good, but the huge range on the dmg roll makes it questionable. Personally i think a crafted one is better, because you dont really need that huge dmg for farming, and such a bow has a lot more mo space, for orbing ewd and other stuff you want, like leech or max dmg.
proletariat
Abomination
155 | 0
Istaryu wrote:
proletariat wrote:End-game bows for bowazon: are any better than a rare with 200ed and 300+max damage and tantrum?

A crafted one is the best, but you dont need tantrum on it, petulant is not the only good body armor. Enhanced ice breaker can be pretty good, but the huge range on the dmg roll makes it questionable. Personally i think a crafted one is better, because you dont really need that huge dmg for farming, and such a bow has a lot more mo space, for orbing ewd and other stuff you want, like leech or max dmg.

Thanks for the helpful answer - although too bad because I wanted to try some of the runewords :D

I guess I’ve been too influenced by the top bowa char guide regarding tantrum and petulant. Do you know other guides which recommend other non-tantrum approaches and gear setups?
Stereox
Cog
247 | 4

I use Ice Breaker for farming mode and switch to Askarbyd
Granted that I rolled a 400 max damage on it, but still the Flamestrike spamfest looks dope and actually does damage
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Diaco wrote:
cyborgtemplar wrote:is trap sin with just lightening useful by itself later? it feels like i require catalyst trap to kill anything, and using clockwork slippers so cata trap isn't on such an extremely long cd, makes fire trap practically worthless.

I'm currently working on hard switching to maelstrom sin, since the necessity of catalyst trap to do dmg with it's cd is such an extreme slowdown on a relatively fast paced game. but am still curious.

At what stage of the game are you? What's your gear?

atm i'm 124. have done all but 2 of the 115 ubers (kabraxis, and veiled prophet) . . . haven' touched any of the 120's yet, been working on building up to transition to throwsin. as it feels like the trap dmg requires catalyst trap to have any relevant output to it. with catalyst it's extremely strong, but without it, i find myself needing 15+ lightening traps to kill a pack in teganze

https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=kiisara

my main points of reference are uber bosses, teganze, and k3k. . . k3k takes about 7-8 traps per pack without catalyst give or take. teganze as i mentioned earlier is 15+, sometimes it takes well over 20 casts without catalyst trap. . . . don't mind the few points into energy, my hp pool feels more than ok so i wanted some extra regen and max mana to maintain the constant trap recast i need to use. . . . immolation was a good trap within catalyst and otherwise something that doesn't seem to do much in most cases. with the clockwork boots, it's only use is placing it by a k3k pylon inside catalyst and dropping it with a catalyst in the middle of a very densely packed group in teganze (though, it tends to still be better to lightening there as well unless it's too risky letting that many projectiles go off at once)
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Personally I use the Clockwork boots on bosses, constantly adjusting the trap position to maximize damage. I just switch back to Rabbit Foot for regular farming. I tried with and without the Clockwork. I’d rather lure my enemies into the radius instead of constantly recasting/ having enemies rushing out of the radius and going melee with you.

With or without serves different purposes to me, I keep them in inventory. Getting higher trap damage is more important to me since you just can’t have have a catalyst out all the time in the ememy position.
rcarson15
Vampiress
37 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Why is it that after respecing stats and have everything fitted and equipped, does it just all of a sudden no long meet the req? I’ll literally run through whole games with the equipment on, then next game I go into, the req are no longer met and I’m stuck using extra points to use my gear that was previously fitted without issue? (I leave extra stat points available because it’s happened a few times now).

Thanks!