Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
HurtSmash404
Azure Drake
162 | 0
Johnny Impak wrote:Am I the only one playing this the old fashion way by pressing alt all the time ? It feels natural, don’t ask me why.

I only learned of D2Stats 30-45 days ago, so I did that stuff as well.
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Johnny Impak wrote:Am I the only one playing this the old fashion way by pressing alt all the time ? It feels natural, don’t ask me why.

Yeah, D2Stats allows you to clear a hell of a lot quicker too, you don't need to look through loot, you can keep killing without stopping until you get notified to something, and you can kill off screen without having to back track. I've played Scorpion Blade the most and if I were to have to double back to look at loot (since dmg is dealt over 2-3s and I kill mobs behind me off screen), my clear time would effectively double or more.
Krankendau
Skeleton
2 | 0
ChuckNoRis wrote:
Krankendau wrote:Hello, can anyone explain, what's wrong with my Assassin, if while using Bat Strike against bosses, it takes more than 30 hits to charge up fully to Coup De Grace and around 10-15 more to release the charge with normal attack? I have 94k AR, and the chance to hit are around 85%-95%. It feels like i'm hitting air.. :) btw, versus normal units there is no problem.
it can be that the opponent you are hitting also has a (high) chance to dodge/avoid

Hey, thanks for an answer :)
Maybe someone knows if there are some ways to increase my hit chance in these situations?
rcarson15
Vampiress
37 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
How do you determine the difference between a SU/SSU/SSSU item?
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
rcarson15 wrote:How do you determine the difference between a SU/SSU/SSSU item?

On the docs page, 99% of the time the left is SU, middle/right is SSU, rightmost is SSSU. There are a few items on there that have items that are set up as SU/SSU/SSU though.
Muszta
Prowler
16 | 0
Hi,
this recipe doesn't work for me: Rare weapon/armor + rare amulet + rare ring → reroll item as level 1 rare item

I tried with 3 type of belts, both with sacred and normal rare, the affect is just a reroll, but the item level isn't changing... :-?
What am i doing wrong? thx answer
smartasss
Cow Ninja
1218 | 11
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Recipe works.. Item lvl is not the same thing as req lv.
tbone503
Edyrem
803 | 23
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Muszta wrote:Hi,
this recipe doesn't work for me: Rare weapon/armor + rare amulet + rare ring → reroll item as level 1 rare item

I tried with 3 type of belts, both with sacred and normal rare, the affect is just a reroll, but the item level isn't changing... :-?
What am i doing wrong? thx answer

Works for me. What's changing is the item level (ilvl). Perhaps you're confusing that with the required level.

Here's an example. I chose a random rare skull cap, a rare ring and a rare amulet.

Notice where it shows item lvl 99. That's how it starts.

Here it is after transmuting. Rerolled and now it doesn't show an item lvl at all which means it is item level 1. This usually brings the required level down a lot as well which is why people like to use this recipe before rolling with shrines sometimes. It means you'll have more room for adding mystic orbs after shrine crafting/blessing.

Keep in mind it also means there are fewer affixes that can roll on it, so make sure you aren't going to miss out on a desired affix because of the lower ilvl. https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/wiki/affixes. I think most people don't first use the down-level cube recipe if they are doing it with an item that needs one of the more special natural affixes. The best examples are gloves getting +2 skills to either Amazon, Druid or Sorceress. Or belts getting +2 skills to either Barbarian or Paladin. Or boots getting +2 skills to either Assassin or Necromancer. There's probably plenty of others but those are the first examples that popped into my head. You might be wondering why would you ever want to down-level first then. Well perhaps you're shrine crafting gloves for a paladin. Since you can't get a +2 paladin skills on gloves anymore there's no need to keep the ilvl at 99, and by down leveling you'll likely have a fair amount more room for the mystic orbs by doing so.
Knight_Saber
Monkey King
264 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
koffi wrote:

I use d2stats to be sure that I do not miss anything useful, but alt is also in regular use because of old habits. Alt+tab still happens often enough, luckily they fixed those symbols rolling in the corner so that it is faster to get back into game.

I use alt to show loot, probably because I played cLoD back in 2001 or whatever and can't break the habit.

Alt+tab can be disabled per application right? Or does modern Windows fail again? XP service pack 2 is the best for old games like Diablo 2. My PC is almost as old as this game, so I wouldn't know.
HurtSmash404
Azure Drake
162 | 0
How does the Stun Attack property from items like
Toorc's Gift
Toorc's Gift
Chain Gloves (4)

Defense: (26 - 30) to (47 - 54)
Required Level: 5
Required Strength: 28
Item Level: 10
2% Chance to cast level 1 Glacial Nova on Melee Attack