Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
proletariat
Abomination
155 | 0
Are there any formal posts on the quarterly/tri-annual ladder reset?

I’ve heard that all ladder characters get switched to non-ladder, and most people delete their chars at that point. Also that in the new season, everyone starts from scratch. True?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
HurtSmash404 wrote:Why does Tran Athula have such a low chance of dropping any Unique item, I thought it had a bias for it and LOTS of Amazons to kill?

Depends on what magic find you're running at and how many players are running, since higher player count reduces the nodrop rate (chance a killed enemy will drop nothing). down the equation, if an enemy drops nothing, it has no chance to roll possible unique.

proletariat wrote:Are there any formal posts on the quarterly/tri-annual ladder reset?

I’ve heard that all ladder characters get switched to non-ladder, and most people delete their chars at that point. Also that in the new season, everyone starts from scratch. True?

more or less, yea. you'll see announcements here and in the discord channel as well as a countdown timer at the top right of the forum here when it is announced.

some people keep NL chars for testing, but most start new
proletariat
Abomination
155 | 0
proletariat wrote:Are there any formal posts on the quarterly/tri-annual ladder reset?

more or less, yea. you'll see announcements here and in the discord channel as well as a countdown timer at the top right of the forum here when it is announced.

some people keep NL chars for testing, but most start new[/quote]

Thanks for the answer, looking forward to new season because it feels like purgatory at the moment!
Diana4teen2603
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Crash wrote:
Diana4teen2603 wrote:Does SSSU drop in SP?
thousands of trying at T15 and Fauz, still can't get one piece.

yes, but they're rare. alvl 130+ areas (fauzt, vizjun, bremmtown, upper tier labyrinth)

Thanks, man.
Just got one yesterday.
Yan75
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Hi all,

How do I craft an amulet that will have the Hailstorm Oskill on it?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
you can't craft it . you have to find it
smartasss
Cow Ninja
1218 | 11
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Diana4teen2603 wrote:
Crash wrote:

yes, but they're rare. alvl 130+ areas (fauzt, vizjun, bremmtown, upper tier labyrinth)

Thanks, man.
Just got one yesterday.

What did u find?
Diana4teen2603
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
smartasss wrote:
Diana4teen2603 wrote:
Crash wrote:

Thanks, man.
Just got one yesterday.

What did u find?

Not actually one.

Arrogance 2
The point of no return 1
The buried hawk 2
Atomus 1
Natalya deception 1
New year is my lucky year, I guess.
Still looking for other sssu, so I can finally rest.
Philby
Azure Drake
161 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
So I unlocked the Vine Companion skill with my caster druid, but I'm a totally confused about how to use it.

- Is it meant to be casted everytime, aiming at the enemy ? As the icon & lifebar stays at the top of the screen, it seems to imply that its effects are "passive" (like a companion). Also this red ball spinning around the character...

- What's the correct way to use it ? on static / moving mobs ? On bosses ?

Thank you ! I want to feel powerful with my new uberskill :twisted:
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Philby wrote:So I unlocked the Vine Companion skill with my caster druid, but I'm a totally confused about how to use it.

- Is it meant to be casted everytime, aiming at the enemy ? As the icon & lifebar stays at the top of the screen, it seems to imply that its effects are "passive" (like a companion). Also this red ball spinning around the character...

- What's the correct way to use it ? on static / moving mobs ? On bosses ?

Thank you ! I want to feel powerful with my new uberskill :twisted:

Did you read the skill? It's a passive pet that can't die, which poisons, slows and lowers physical resist of monsters. More hard points increases the radius of it's attack. That's it, you don't have to do anything else. It attacks on it's own and follows you around. The red aura is because it increases HP as well. I'm not sure what's there to misunderstand if you read the tooltip.