[Not recommended as of 2.1] Maelstrom Assassin miniguide

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
kolyeah8
Azure Drake
173 | 5
shinryuuken wrote:
It sounds like the sin can't do Samuel and Labs almost no matter what because most of the problems stated here are problems with the class and not the build itself. I am still wondering if there is a way for the sin to complete the game?

ive been playing median for years and years (on and off) and ive never done samAel. still i have a feeling that i completed the game :)

This maelstrom assa is defo a top notch cheap farmer build that is definitely usable, like a lot of builds who are farm builds.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
shinryuuken wrote:
It sounds like the sin can't do Samuel and Labs almost no matter what because most of the problems stated here are problems with the class and not the build itself. I am still wondering if there is a way for the sin to complete the game?

I know that Samael has been killed before with storm crows and batstrike (possibly noctule?), and labs were cleared by trap and claw sin. Maelstrom is just 1 of the many skills (and builds) of an assassin, and doesnt define the class on its own.
HurtSmash404
Azure Drake
162 | 0
Istaryu wrote:
shinryuuken wrote:

I know that Samael has been killed before with storm crows and batstrike (possibly noctule?), and labs were cleared by trap and claw sin. Maelstrom is just 1 of the many skills (and builds) of an assassin, and doesnt define the class on its own.

Which brings me up to a question about this build: Can Storm Crows be used with this build as a single-target ability, or is said build simply too different(Especially with the buffs to the Ways coming to 1.4)?
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
HurtSmash404 wrote:
Istaryu wrote:
shinryuuken wrote:

Which brings me up to a question about this build: Can Storm Crows be used with this build as a single-target ability, or is said build simply too different(Especially with the buffs to the Ways coming to 1.4)?

Storm crows is a weapon damage build, maelstrom is not, its very different.
shinryuuken
Banned
12 | 0
Istaryu wrote:
HurtSmash404 wrote:
Istaryu wrote:
shinryuuken wrote:

How would Storm Crows compare to a orb of annihilation sin? What are the differences between maelstrom and storm crows build wise?
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
How would storm crow ssin compare to a crossbow druid on the fifth of february, both builds being played by my drunk aunt who has never touched a pc game before?
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
shinryuuken wrote:
Istaryu wrote:
HurtSmash404 wrote:
Istaryu wrote:
shinryuuken wrote:

How would Storm Crows compare to a orb of annihilation sin? What are the differences between maelstrom and storm crows build wise?

You concentrate on weapon damage instead of dex and leech over LAEK
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
shinryuuken wrote:How would Storm Crows compare to a orb of annihilation sin? What are the differences between maelstrom and storm crows build wise?

Storm Crows is only for single target, compared to OoA and maelstrom. Maelstrom focuses more on Dex and Laek, while Storm Crows relies on weapon damage more and Dex both (similar to 1h melee Necro), and some LL.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Added a video. This should help all the maelstromsin wannabes with some tricks to farm dunc with trash gear :) I will try to record more in the near future. Sorry about the quality, I only have an ssd, and it doesnt have the storage to record 720p videos. And if anyone knows why that black border is there at the right side, let me know, I am newbie to this :)
2cat
Stone Warrior
31 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
any end game recommendation ? :-D