WereBear Grillz- New Player Friendly Build

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Obiben wrote:
romascha wrote:Hi guys. A bit of theory crafting question: is this build (bear form) playable with this thing
Hammer of Jholm
Hammer of Jholm
Great Maul (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: 76 to 89
Required Level: 100
Required Strength:
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.16 per Strength)%
While Using Windform:
Adds 3 - 5 Fire Damage per 20 Attributes
Adds 3 - 5 Lightning Damage per 20 Attributes
+200% to Fire and Lightning Spell Damage
-1% to Enemy Fire and Lightning Resists per 60 Attributes
15% Chance to cast level 60 Nova on Melee Attack
15% Chance to cast level 63 Apocalypse on Melee Attack
120% Attack Speed
+50% Damage to Undead
+20 to Windform
Requirements +100%
Socketed (6)
?
Has somebody tried the WW with Werebear?

Maul is a hammer. Bear form requires axes or maces.

You can morph woth an axe and then switch
smartasss
Cow Ninja
1218 | 11
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Why are u even posting advice when u dont even know Hammers fall under mace class and can be used by bear?
Obiben
Prowler
15 | 0
smartasss wrote:Why are u even posting advice when u dont even know Hammers fall under mace class and can be used by bear?

Why are you asking a question if you know the answer?

smartasss wrote:u dont even know

Not knowing that a separate class of weapons is actually comprised in another is a perfectly good reason to give erroneous advice. That and the fact the guy asked a month ago and didn't get an answer (he should have been wrong, you'd evidently have participated earlier then :D).

Weapons classes are currently one of the repeated gripes I've had with this mod. Why separate hammers from maces if they're the same? Why are throwing knives daggers but don't work with dagger skills? There are a few unclear things.

Edit: further checking in-game. Documentation shows Maul as a Hammer separate from mace class, but in-game it shows as a Mace class weapon. Confusion intensifies: Scepters are also classified as Mace class, but do not work.
Edited by Obiben 4 years.
Obiben
Prowler
15 | 0
How do you generally deal with monsters that run away as a Werebear? I'm thinking skeleton mages in K3K and Necromorbs in Duncraig. They basically outrun the missile speed of Rend and are annoying me to the point were I'm not having much fun!
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Obiben wrote:How do you generally deal with monsters that run away as a Werebear? I'm thinking skeleton mages in K3K and Necromorbs in Duncraig. They basically outrun the missile speed of Rend and are annoying me to the point were I'm not having much fun!

There's a couple of things which can improve it a bit:

1: Don't use any armor and shield pieces that has speed penalties.
2: Vine skill slows a lot and can help you catch up to them.
3: Only chase down mobs when Idol is active.

I don't remember if there are any movement speed increasing skills that you can get from items but I'm sure someone can confirm or deny that.
rcarson15
Vampiress
37 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Obiben wrote:How do you generally deal with monsters that run away as a Werebear? I'm thinking skeleton mages in K3K and Necromorbs in Duncraig. They basically outrun the missile speed of Rend and are annoying me to the point were I'm not having much fun!

Youll find that if you stop running towards them, theyll come to you. Idol, then pounce. I dont suggest chasing them all, as thatll take a ton of time lol.

On a side note, Im having trouble with end game damage (cant leech very well from necrobots) - link to the gear. I can melt most mobs, but come bosses and necrobots, leeching isnt working very well. Advice?

https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=Rawr_Meat
Flyon
Stygian Watcher
41 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Man i have so many comments ^^

Perhaps we should have a small chat if you would like to add the end game content.
scira
Cultist
20 | 0
opinions on merc gearing? it's a lot different than the sigma merc guide on the forums for a5 merc. this one has a lot more procs but would the other one do more dmg with the TU setup?

I'm playing on HC so more procs ie freeze and CC might be beter than raw dmg
scira
Cultist
20 | 0
does +physical/spell dmg work to increase rend dmg?
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
scira wrote:does +physical/spell dmg work to increase rend dmg?

No. It's weapon dmg, not a spell.