blatkill
Core Lord
388 | 32
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Short question, I'm kinda new here :
Season 22 start end of october and end mid of january, so only 2.5 month. Is that usual or this one was very short ?
bezku
Cultist
21 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
it started october 18th
Tedddy
Sasquatch
61 | 1
I prefer shorter seasons as the most fun part is laying together and more people play at start of season. But of course I want to give dev team enough time to patch the game
Steak
Acid Prince
48 | 1
:D
Conquest
Azure Drake
169 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I kind of dislike this mod being so much realm-centered now and seasons changing classes and specs based on meta game. Feels like this game as a service bullshit we all know and hate.

People will always gravitate towards the easiest and most efficient build. Be it 2H melee barb, werebear, throwsin, whatever. You just go 'oh lots of ppl play build X so lets gut it and make its core items absurdly rare'. Yeah, you designed this game that way, you have to farm a lot to get good gear so ppl naturally pick up fast farmer builds. On realm it's much less frustrating to just farm duncraig and sell your excess items, trading them for difficult to get charms, so you can farm even faster. I play on SP for this seasonality reason, i already have my farmer char and stash of items, i don't need to re-grind this chore every 3 months.

I enjoyed this game way more before this realm play era, where changes to specs came as a spec rework, to make it fun to play and viable. Since this mod doesn't really support PVP play you're not bound by strict balancing concerns, there is little harm with a build being a tad stronger than the middle of the pack.

Meanwhile many of Median builds are still almost unplayable, a year into Sigma life. Malice necromancer, Javelin amazon, Elemental caster druid, most of sorceress trees, not to mention that oskills are often total waste. We have so many of them but they're almost never remotely useful. Well at least you do something about those trees, unholy melee paladin finally stopped being the worst tree in the game after like six years of being it.
SpamBomb
Monkey King
257 | 7
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
:flip: :flip:
Edited by SpamBomb 4 years.
SpamBomb
Monkey King
257 | 7
Great Popularity Badge
Sorry to inform everyone but Marco got too fucked up last night and accidentally deleted the patch and patch notes so we won't be getting patch notes today
Marrt
Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Conquest wrote:I kind of dislike this mod being so much realm-centered now and seasons changing classes and specs based on meta game. Feels like this game as a service bullshit we all know and hate.

People will always gravitate towards the easiest and most efficient build. Be it 2H melee barb, werebear, throwsin, whatever. You just go 'oh lots of ppl play build X so lets gut it and make its core items absurdly rare'. Yeah, you designed this game that way, you have to farm a lot to get good gear so ppl naturally pick up fast farmer builds. On realm it's much less frustrating to just farm duncraig and sell your excess items, trading them for difficult to get charms, so you can farm even faster. I play on SP for this seasonality reason, i already have my farmer char and stash of items, i don't need to re-grind this chore every 3 months.

I enjoyed this game way more before this realm play era, where changes to specs came as a spec rework, to make it fun to play and viable. Since this mod doesn't really support PVP play you're not bound by strict balancing concerns, there is little harm with a build being a tad stronger than the middle of the pack.

Meanwhile many of Median builds are still almost unplayable, a year into Sigma life. Malice necromancer, Javelin amazon, Elemental caster druid, most of sorceress trees, not to mention that oskills are often total waste. We have so many of them but they're almost never remotely useful. Well at least you do something about those trees, unholy melee paladin finally stopped being the worst tree in the game after like six years of being it.

It is true that some builds are not really competitive right now, but I am sure that there will be improvements in the future.

PvP has always been difficult in this mod. Balancing both PvM and PvP is hard, but what I've heard is that the PvP mod will return at some point and will be a lot different than the one we know from vanilla d2.

About seasons: they are a refreshing experience for most players, because for skilled players 3 months is more than enough to go through the content. And it really depends what you want to achieve in the game. You can go in several different directions: boss killing, farming, leveling, trying out builds. For me farming is not really a thing and I rely on buying things for tg. So what you're saying about just improving your gear so you can farm faster is absolutely not true for me and probably for many more players. There's plenty of bosses you can learn to kill, instead of doing farming all the time. Once you can do all bosses easily (you've gotten full gear) and you've killed them 100 times, it gets old and a season restart is required to give you some incentive to go through the content again, this time without the full gear and maybe even untwinked in some cases.

It is true, however, that it is difficult for newbies to get into the game. Starting with 0 tg and grinding to the point where you can buy useful things for tg is pretty hard, I get it. I've managed to make a 8k profit this season, starting from 1k and also buying expensive stuff. Getting tg is pretty easy at season beginning when crystals, shrines and signets cost 1tg/ea. Once you've gotten some healthy amount of tg, the multiplayer game will feel a lot better. Saying it is shit without even trying it out is, however, not good imo.
neklp
Stone Warrior
34 | 6
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Has the full patch notes released yet?
woop
Cultist
21 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
neklp wrote:Has the full patch notes released yet?

Nay, but should be released during the day.