G_dawg
Stone Warrior
32 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
CallMeCrazySam wrote:
G_dawg wrote:
CallMeCrazySam wrote:
G_dawg wrote:To the admin guys--> Seems like you made the truine quest even harder. I love this game but what the hell is wrong with you guys? This quest was already too hard and boring as all hell. Now it seems impossible as Malic can move while under mind control. Shame on you guys.

Huh? I'd love to see Triune restored to it's former glory how it was on release so these posts actually have some merit. Malic has been able to move before so I'm not getting the criticism. As far as hard? No, the fight is easy. Learn the mechanics and you can do it deathless in under 2 minutes every time. Boring? I'd agree with you on that one.

NO Not malic,... Lucion. Lucion moves fast even while under mind control. Makes it take FOREVER to kill him. Im not new to video games (25+years) nor I am brand new to this game. I "Get the mechanics" but it still is ridiculous... malic will attack you even when lucion is closer AND under spell. Its dumb, and no amount of patronizing fellow players will change that.

Lucion has always moved quickly once he hits 50% and gets the buff and always been able to move when mind controlled. The only thing that was changed was his HP was halved, Malics degen was halved, so that Lucions regeneration was actually noticeable. Not sure if that was the intent, but that happened. You must be playing the fight differently.

I used to do this fight easily, albeit boringly and VERY tediously. Let me clarify. Two key things seemed to have changed after the newest patch. 1-Malics targeting seems overly biased to player now despite lucions distance or positon 2-Lucions movement seems more random, faster. Add this to the teleporting that seems to afflict us randomly and it is a recipe for a boring, tedious and skippable challange. From now on ill just pay ppl for charm and cycles. Was that the game designers intentions do you think? I Seriously doubt that; and I doubt I am alone feeling this way. That's all I am trying to say my friend
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
G_dawg wrote:
CallMeCrazySam wrote:
G_dawg wrote:
CallMeCrazySam wrote:
G_dawg wrote:To the admin guys--> Seems like you made the truine quest even harder. I love this game but what the hell is wrong with you guys? This quest was already too hard and boring as all hell. Now it seems impossible as Malic can move while under mind control. Shame on you guys.

Huh? I'd love to see Triune restored to it's former glory how it was on release so these posts actually have some merit. Malic has been able to move before so I'm not getting the criticism. As far as hard? No, the fight is easy. Learn the mechanics and you can do it deathless in under 2 minutes every time. Boring? I'd agree with you on that one.

NO Not malic,... Lucion. Lucion moves fast even while under mind control. Makes it take FOREVER to kill him. Im not new to video games (25+years) nor I am brand new to this game. I "Get the mechanics" but it still is ridiculous... malic will attack you even when lucion is closer AND under spell. Its dumb, and no amount of patronizing fellow players will change that.

Lucion has always moved quickly once he hits 50% and gets the buff and always been able to move when mind controlled. The only thing that was changed was his HP was halved, Malics degen was halved, so that Lucions regeneration was actually noticeable. Not sure if that was the intent, but that happened. You must be playing the fight differently.

I used to do this fight easily, albeit boringly and VERY tediously. Let me clarify. Two key things seemed to have changed after the newest patch. 1-Malics targeting seems overly biased to player now despite lucions distance or positon 2-Lucions movement seems more random, faster. Add this to the teleporting that seems to afflict us randomly and it is a recipe for a boring, tedious and skippable challange. From now on ill just pay ppl for charm and cycles. Was that the game designers intentions do you think? I Seriously doubt that; and I doubt I am alone feeling this way. That's all I am trying to say my friend

That's fine, all I can say is that in my experience so far this patch ~20? runs, I haven't personally noticed any difference in AI from either Malic or Lucion. Malic still seems to always target whoever is closest to himself for me and I haven't noticed Lucions movement as random. He locks onto my until he reaches me and then aggros onto Malic if I had Lucion charmed. I 100% agree the fight isn't entertaining, I don't mind getting it set up, but then it becomes standing still for a few minutes while Malic spews onto Lucion, clicking every 5s or so. As far as the intention, I don't think so. This fight plays so much differently than it did on the initial release I think most of the intent on how the fight would play out has been lost in readjustments.

From my perspective it seems like you've had a run of bad luck with him, but obviously I'm not in your shoes.

https://clips.twitch.tv/NiceGentleBananaWOOP here's a clip of the regen just incase you wanted to see and I had it handy.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
G_dawg wrote:I used to do this fight easily, albeit boringly and VERY tediously. Let me clarify. Two key things seemed to have changed after the newest patch. 1-Malics targeting seems overly biased to player now despite lucions distance or positon 2-Lucions movement seems more random, faster. Add this to the teleporting that seems to afflict us randomly and it is a recipe for a boring, tedious and skippable challange. From now on ill just pay ppl for charm and cycles. Was that the game designers intentions do you think? I Seriously doubt that; and I doubt I am alone feeling this way. That's all I am trying to say my friend

Uhh, triune fight was made easier this patch not harder. The burn damage was reduced noticeably as it was one of the most annoying mechanics, and lucion HP was reduced as well. If there is any other change regarding triune which is not in the changelog it can either be a bug or imagination. There's been a few reports about Lucion healing, this is a bug, if there's any other uber change you notice which isn't listed in the changelog you can assume it was not intentional.
enfo
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Marco, dream eater is great and spot on. No need to change it! Phys/magic malice feels great, Top necros are melee or summoning anyway, so balanced right?

Poison malice necro, eh, not sure what would make it "great" if it is even a concern. I havent invested heavy into it, and oskills like punisher cap at what, 6 on wands for necro? Maybe forced into poison avatar or devouring cloud? I just know videos and others that tried it said steer clear for the most part. Would a SU or runeword that changes, let's say, rotting flesh into a frozen orb clone help with targeting instead of having to get close? I see how the mechanic could have been intended, poison and then 2 second dream eater debuff, to me it feels either poison or dream eater will drop off before it does it's intended damage.

Overall necro feels solid and well done to me in its other variations and styles!

Thoughts?
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I would actually really like some malice poison feedback. This patch I worked only on the phys/magic mostly, as boosting the poison side on top seemed a bit spooky. In theory there are quite a few malice themed items which come with some free poison stats, so it may actually not be that bad.

Another combo that can be interesting to make a poison/magic hybrid would be Sentinel's Sorrow - because you'd get a lot of free poison spell damage on top of a decent poison pierce which you get from malice items and DE.
enfo
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Marco wrote:I would actually really like some malice poison feedback. This patch I worked only on the phys/magic mostly, as boosting the poison side on top seemed a bit spooky. In theory there are quite a few malice themed items which come with some free poison stats, so it may actually not be that bad.

Another combo that can be interesting to make a poison/magic hybrid would be Sentinel's Sorrow - because you'd get a lot of free poison spell damage on top of a decent poison pierce which you get from malice items and DE.

While I'm no expert I think the mechanics behind rotting flesh is what I think kinda sucks. The aoe requires positioning and also being in melee range it feels, whereas boneyard and dream eater are a screens length away.

Pestilence having str/dex instead of energy makes gearing for spell damage strenuous, though I could see a runeword/SU changing it being a good fix. (Like helmet runeword with a xis counterpart)

Would having runewords that alter some mechanics like SU be something worth trying? I could forsee several builds in the future having available tweaks that fit that method being great for build diversity.

Just a thought, with xoirine change, could switching rotting flesh to punisher for necro be something?
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Yeah that strength synergy on pesti made it a bit iffy to rework in time, so it's going to require a bit of testing to seamlessly integrate to other malice skills. Same goes for RF, with a solid phys/mag foundation it should be interesting to rebalance these skills with the other changes in mind.

As far as punisher goes - you should give Tzeentch a try, but it's unaffected by Nightwalker's malice damage bonus.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Would be cool to see something more like a pulsing poison nova missile, but I guess that's' already really similar to stuff like maelstrom isn't it?
I think poison mostly lacks the actual damage as well as awkward application right now since both pestilence and rotting flesh are centered nova on a char that doesnt grow to be comfortably tanky as a caster like a paladin might. I think it needs something more directional or aimed
enfo
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Marco wrote:Yeah that strength synergy on pesti made it a bit iffy to rework in time, so it's going to require a bit of testing to seamlessly integrate to other malice skills. Same goes for RF, with a solid phys/mag foundation it should be interesting to rebalance these skills with the other changes in mind.

As far as punisher goes - you should give Tzeentch a try, but it's unaffected by Nightwalker's malice damage bonus.

Yea tzeentch is more of a melee focused, since it's on striking, so if I were to build for it I wouldn't put points into malice at all personally, since I'd focus more on defense and not magic damage.

I like the str/dex for pestilence for the melee poison focused farmer, just finding a method to transition for spell casting is difficult.

I'll look forward to whatever changes you decide. I think a mechicanal change to RF could be an improvement without having to mess with number balancing.

I think I'll try stacking gear for poison and see if I can craft a punisher poison wand, just the 2-6 roll means stacking +skills is more important, especially since +necromancer skills won't affect it.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I did pretty good (not best, but playable for farm) on poison nova necro with some reanimates. Guess he must have them to counter need of being in almost melee range . So why dont use hidden shrines? That was the way i gave my old (before rework) bowzon ability to farm safe before access to good gear.Also u have access to Iron golem that can be anything u may need. Like slower: just make him from any
Void
Void
Weapons

'Sur'
Runeword Level: 75
Adds 7-13 Damage
+(58 to 72)% Enhanced Damage
Slow Target 20%
Regenerate Mana +15%
Cold Resist +40%
Physical Damage Reduced by (11 to 15)
+(3 to 5) Mana on Striking
2% Reanimate as: Random Monster
weapon - and he will spread slow like mad. He can also be a good tank:
Na-Krul's Spine
Na-Krul's Spine
Naginata (4)

Two-Hand Damage: (25 - 28) to (31 - 39)
(Assassin Only)
Required Level: 6
Required Dexterity: 58
Item Level: 10
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.15 per Dexterity)%
Area Effect Attack
20% Chance to cast level 4 Flamefront on Melee Attack
5% Chance to cast level 2 Bloodlust on Melee Attack
+6% Bonus Damage to Bloodlust
15% Attack Speed
Adds (8 to 10)-(13 to 20) Damage
+(35 to 40)% Enhanced Damage
Elemental Resists +(21 to 25)%
Physical Resist (3 to 5)%
Socketed (2)
Two-Hand Damage: (79 - 90) to (96 - 112)
(Assassin Only)
Required Level: 26
Required Dexterity: 95
Item Level: 36
Area Effect Attack
30% Chance to cast level 12 Flamefront on Melee Attack
7% Chance to cast level 8 Bloodlust on Melee Attack
+12% Bonus Damage to Bloodlust
25% Attack Speed
Adds (13 to 15)-(28 to 35) Damage
+(81 to 103)% Enhanced Damage
Elemental Resists +(31 to 35)%
Physical Resist (9 to 11)%
Socketed (4)
Two-Hand Damage: (194 - 214) to (221 - 246)
(Assassin Only)
Required Level: 47
Required Dexterity: 192
Item Level: 51
Area Effect Attack
40% Chance to cast level 20 Flamefront on Melee Attack
9% Chance to cast level 14 Bloodlust on Melee Attack
+18% Bonus Damage to Bloodlust
35% Attack Speed
Adds (18 to 20)-(43 to 50) Damage
+(126 to 149)% Enhanced Damage
Elemental Resists +(41 to 45)%
Physical Resist (15 to 17)%
Socketed (5)
Two-Hand Damage: (255 - 277) to (290 - 320)
(Assassin Only)
Required Level: 57
Required Dexterity: 382
Item Level: 85
Area Effect Attack
45% Chance to cast level 24 Flamefront on Melee Attack
10% Chance to cast level 17 Bloodlust on Melee Attack
+24% Bonus Damage to Bloodlust
40% Attack Speed
Adds (21 to 23)-(51 to 60) Damage
+(149 to 171)% Enhanced Damage
Elemental Resists +(46 to 50)%
Physical Resist (18 to 20)%
Socketed (6)
helpful here.. He's just not tanky (ofc, its a f....n caster, not melee)

PS: What if poison nova (rotting flesh) will give necro some kind of ability to being more resistant for short time? (damage divisor adding lol) Or add some reanimate to this spell specifically? Overall i love that "old school" like skill. Want to keep it but make more efficient somehow.