Caster Druid

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
hongquan21
Skeleton
2 | 0
mortimer_85 wrote:
hongquan21 wrote:i have Absolute Zero, i want to build Glacial nova now, im lv 125
is that ok ?

To build around Absolute Zero with Glacial Nova you need a lot of Shrines, jewels, ACs and patience to make it look decent. You can definitely try now but better be prepared for some failure :) you can PM me on discord or here for further stuff...

ok thanks
i will build it late
sonear
Invader
8 | 0
can you add some stats that one should reach before switching to the "ssf" cold build? im really tired of poison and want to try cold now that i can reach lvl 26 for 3 projectiles, but im unsure what i would need for it to be stronger than poison and im trying to not waste my respecs :D

like how much cold pen and cold spell would i want for it. im rolling some items with the shrines i find, but damn nothing good is ever rolling :D

also, hows the defense with the ssf gear? seems like the only thing rolling defensivly is ED on armor. does it deal enough damage to change some pieces with more defensive runewords? or am i just that unlucky and havent seen other defensive stats?
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
sonear wrote:can you add some stats that one should reach before switching to the "ssf" cold build? im really tired of poison and want to try cold now that i can reach lvl 26 for 3 projectiles, but im unsure what i would need for it to be stronger than poison and im trying to not waste my respecs :D

like how much cold pen and cold spell would i want for it. im rolling some items with the shrines i find, but damn nothing good is ever rolling :D

also, hows the defense with the ssf gear? seems like the only thing rolling defensivly is ED on armor. does it deal enough damage to change some pieces with more defensive runewords? or am i just that unlucky and havent seen other defensive stats?

with SSF cold gear you will lack PR and have to stay away from mobs casting Banshees behind your Acid Fiends. Use
Megalith
Megalith
Boots

'LoFal'
Runeword Level: 73
+1 to All Skills
25% Cast Speed
15% Block Speed
+(115 to 143)% Enhanced Defense
+(10 to 20) to all Attributes
5% to Dexterity
Regenerate Mana +30%
Physical Resist 5%
for some DR and some fhr, cast speed and flat str to wear other gear.
When crafting look for good ED rolls on Belt and Armor cause flat defense scales good with TCD from Lifeshield.
Aim for 120- 135 cold pierce and at least 3k Banshee max damage.
The gameplay will change since HB is autoaiming. Sometimes they will will not target the mobs you want to :)
sonear
Invader
8 | 0
mortimer_85 wrote:with SSF cold gear you will lack PR and have to stay away from mobs casting Banshees behind your Acid Fiends. Use
Megalith
Megalith
Boots

'LoFal'
Runeword Level: 73
+1 to All Skills
25% Cast Speed
15% Block Speed
+(115 to 143)% Enhanced Defense
+(10 to 20) to all Attributes
5% to Dexterity
Regenerate Mana +30%
Physical Resist 5%
for some DR and some fhr, cast speed and flat str to wear other gear.
When crafting look for good ED rolls on Belt and Armor cause flat defense scales good with TCD from Lifeshield.
Aim for 120- 135 cold pierce and at least 3k Banshee max damage.
The gameplay will change since HB is autoaiming. Sometimes they will will not target the mobs you want to :)

thank you very much! 3k doesnt seem to be too much, ill see what i can do :)
Bardamu
Gravedigger
183 | 57
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Guide updated to 1.4.
Another love-patch for the build thanks to poison avatar damage buff that makes the early/mid gameplay even smoother. Too bad strenght bonus from feed the pack was removed in hotfix, it would have been another nice addition, but really can't complain.
Endgame we decided to switch from Feed The Pack to Circle of Life now since more fhr will help you a lot in places like Fauztinville, and since %reanimates from the wolf tree passive was reduced without hard points into Werewolf Form. You will be really safe anyway (expecially in Storm spec) so they will be not really needed anymore.
Fellfrosch
Stone Warrior
30 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
can somebody from the experience players explain me if iuse the Circle f Life - then i have to stay in the Werbear From to gain the FHR and LAEK ?
Bardamu
Gravedigger
183 | 57
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Fellfrosch wrote:can somebody from the experience players explain me if iuse the Circle f Life - then i have to stay in the Werbear From to gain the FHR and LAEK ?

From previous patch wolf and bear passives can be used by casters and other druid builds too. You don't need to be morphed to get the benefits.
Fellfrosch
Stone Warrior
30 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Thanks Bardamu
OverSky
Pit Knight
101 | 7
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
With
Dreamflange
Dreamflange
Mace (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 44 to 50
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 442
Item Level: 105
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Strength)%
+(3 to 4) to All Skills
+(51 to 75) Spell Focus
50% Cast Speed
+50% Damage to Undead
+(16 to 20)% to Spell Damage
+(51 to 100) to Energy
Maximum Elemental Resists +2%
+2 to Light Radius
Socketed (3)
+

Shields

'IgnFulGla'
Runeword Level: 100
+1 to All Skills
45% Cast Speed
45% Hit Recovery
-(27 to 30)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-(27 to 30)% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
-(27 to 30)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
(16 to 25)% Magic Find
Requirements +25%
/
Celestial Barrier
Celestial Barrier
Spiked Shield (Sacred)

Defense: (2525 - 2828) to (3012 - 3374)
Chance to Block: 1% + Class%
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 550
Item Level: 120
+(4 to 5) to All Skills
1% Base Block Chance
-50% Attack Speed
30% Cast Speed
-(20 to 25)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
+(150 to 180)% Enhanced Defense
50% Bonus to Defense
1% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Socketed (6)
setup, since it's a mace we can stay in Werebear morph for that massive life bonus, 120 fcr & 200 fhr for 6 & 3 fpa.

Feels quite worth considering. And bear wielding cold/lightning magic ? Cool factor is off the charr.
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
You can't cast spells while morphed