Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Just wanted to post about something I tried, hopefully this will be found useful.

When I was playing through with Wolf Druid, everything was going great until around the lvl 90 range in late nightmare. I felt like the damage and defense fell off drastically, and there was really no gear improvements to be made until I could start getting set items (I was in T4 everything per the guide). I've heard that a lot of people go through the same hurdle around this point, and the guide even mentions it.

I had a sacred crystal sword laying around, so I decided to mess around and try a dexterity variant. Best decision I ever made. I crafted the two items shown below, the sword is nothing special, got kinda lucky with the shield though. These were the only gear changes I made from the guide, and for sockets I switched to amethysts and IO runes for tons of dex. I also moved the points from Werewolf Form into Twisted Claw for better bossing skill. It was like a new-found strength... my damage almost doubled and I gained 35% block chance on top of all the avoid the Wolf tree offers. The build feels leaps ahead of what it was pre-switch, and I just self-tanked The Butcher and trucked through The Infernal Machine, both as soon as I dinged 105.

ImageImage
OrphineM
Gravedigger
188 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Ooh, those look nice, what's the socket fillers on the sword though? Looks like ith crafts with AR/dex/ias/fcr.

Based on this it might be more prudent to swap over to wolf from another spec once you can get a sacred crystal sword/bone shield base and craft something passable.
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Crafted 15% IAS jewels with random other stats, but all the dex comes from the shrine roll and bless (I went abandon for both). I'm super happy with the shield, but I really want a life spark / banish combo on my sword :twisted:

Note that a crystal sword with 6x 15%IAS jewels and 5x IAS MOs hits the 4fpa breakpoint of 115%wIAS, which is just insane.
Kirby26
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Semigloss wrote:Crafted 15% IAS jewels with random other stats, but all the dex comes from the shrine roll and bless (I went abandon for both). I'm super happy with the shield, but I really want a life spark / banish combo on my sword :twisted:

Note that a crystal sword with 6x 15%IAS jewels and 5x IAS MOs hits the 4fpa breakpoint of 115%wIAS, which is just insane.

Interested with you do you with 120 content with this. I feel that my gear isn't bad but struggling a little bit with damage in teganse. While my tu malice nec clears it now problem lol
DJPaxo
Stone Warrior
31 | 3
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Semigloss wrote:Crafted 15% IAS jewels with random other stats, but all the dex comes from the shrine roll and bless (I went abandon for both). I'm super happy with the shield, but I really want a life spark / banish combo on my sword :twisted:

If u think 4 fpa breakpoint is insane, you should try 3 fpa or even 2 fpa :)
Im doing Carsomyr 3 fpa, and boy it was an upgrade going from 4 fpa to 3 :)
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
DJPaxo wrote:

How do you hit 244% wIAS with Carsomyr? That shouldn't be possible...
OrphineM
Gravedigger
188 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Guide Badge
I think the question now for the more SSF players is how to make that transition to those items, even a crappy craft as long as you roll life spark and slot in the right jewels. Might be more prudent to transition over to wolf from another build like bear/caster druid.
davidnum
Vampiress
37 | 1
How much harbinger dmg with shark + lightforge?
DJPaxo
Stone Warrior
31 | 3
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Semigloss wrote:
DJPaxo wrote:

How do you hit 244% wIAS with Carsomyr? That shouldn't be possible...

Then im wrong, i went from 5 fpa to 4. i just looked it up and ur right. its quite impossible :mrgreen:

Im at 529 total ias with facebreakers, and at 150 wias with my carsomyr.
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
DJPaxo wrote:Im at 529 total ias with facebreakers, and at 150 wias with my carsomyr.

I think that once you hit the 75% effectiveness, it doesn't benefit you to add more sIAS/gIAS. And you hit that 75% with like 150 sIAS/gIAS. Just FYI.