Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Jo_Jo
Pit Knight
100 | 4
What are the Enchanting Crystals (cube reagent)?
Marrt
Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Jo_Jo wrote:What are the Enchanting Crystals (cube reagent)?

Where have you acquired this? The void? I didn't know they were still accessible on sigma version. They allow you to reroll a sacred unique item. This means you get it like a fresh drop, it can be su, ssu or sssu with random roll.
Jo_Jo
Pit Knight
100 | 4
ILoseControl wrote:

Where have you acquired this? The void? I didn't know they were still accessible on sigma version. They allow you to reroll a sacred unique item. This means you get it like a fresh drop, it can be su, ssu or sssu with random roll.

Nah...i saw it on a vid in YT from a couple of monts ago and the dude didnt say anything about them, so i was wondering what they are.
Reroll Sacred Uniques? thats cool. But...your doubt makes me wonder again, do they still work on the latest patch?
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Jo_Jo wrote:
ILoseControl wrote:

Nah...i saw it on a vid in YT from a couple of monts ago and the dude didnt say anything about them, so i was wondering what they are.
Reroll Sacred Uniques? thats cool. But...your doubt makes me wonder again, do they still work on the latest patch?

they did reroll sacred unqiues, but removed a long time ago
tbone503
Edyrem
803 | 23
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Whats the difference between an Oskill and a proc ?
Jo_Jo
Pit Knight
100 | 4
One more...Runewords (weapons or armors), cant get the -5 Required Level by using the Sigil of Absolution Occult Effigy? is that correct or was it just bugged when i try to do it?

CallMeCrazySam wrote:they did reroll sacred unqiues, but removed a long time ago

Ah...ok. Thanks.
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
tbone503 wrote:Whats the difference between an Oskill and a proc ?

An O-skill is a skill given by an item, of which you can use as if it were your own. For example, "+17 to Apocolypse" gives you the Apocalypse skill at base level 17 that you can use on your own.

A proc is a skill that has a chance to occur when a given condition is met, like on attack (melee attack), on striking (hits with something carrying weapon damage) or when an enemy dies. For example, "10% chance to cast level 17 Apocolypse on melee attack".

This is a really good resource that goes more into depth viewtopic.php?t=22672
Edited by Semigloss 4 years.
tbone503
Edyrem
803 | 23
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Thanks Semigloss, much appreciated.
Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
it's worth mentioning that spells will only proc "on death blow" procs, unless they are poison spells. poison does proc "on kill". also, oskills that provide a bonus for a class skill will only provide 3 levels to that class. for example, a "+10 to flamefront" will only provide 3 flamefront levels to a sorceress
Marrt
Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Diaco wrote:it's worth mentioning that spells will only proc "on death blow" procs, unless they are poison spells. poison does proc "on kill". also, oskills that provide a bonus for a class skill will only provide 3 levels to that class. for example, a "+10 to flamefront" will only provide 3 flamefront levels to a sorceress

I think "on kill" was replaced by "on death blow". Yes, it is important that spells can only proc "on death blow", while WDM skills can also proc "on melee attack" or "on striking" depending on what type of mechanics the skill uses.