Σ 1.4.0 Patch Notes

Game news and forum updates
BespokePosts
Prowler
16 | 0
Marco wrote:
BespokePosts wrote:Considering the amount of negative attention you devote to feedback-posters - ridiculing them by name - why do you go through feedback Marco?

I don't think buffs targeted at unpopular builds is "power creep". Unless the buffs push them past S-tier toons it won't necessitate maintenance of the content itself.

Not sure where anyone was ridiculed by name, but anyway: the whole premise of the 1.4 announcement was that the classes being "buffed" weren't weak, just unpopular (our appreciation). We explicitly pointed out that some "hard to pull off" classes like nagi or wolf which have complicated play mechanics, will continue to keep them. If someone doesnt understand how to play nagi and is disappointed because they were expecting UHM 2.0 faceroll one-shotting areas with Divine Apparition, that's just not what was promised. If you can't appreciate a good wine, don't drink it, just don't expect everyone to drink water too.

Nagi as it stands is a great build and let me try explain why. The fact that there is little centralized info on how to play it and that it's very difficult to play means that it's not commonly played as a started build. Therefore there is little demand for certain powerful items which you can get for pennies, as is the case of Fryst. Let's make a comparision using 1.3 data (to see if the amount of buffs, or lack thereof, were justified):

- First 5 Hellreach sold: avg price 521
- First 5 Frysturgard sold: avg price 46

Both weapons have same purpose: steamroll fauzt for exp and snowball into profit. Yet the naginata is about twice as hard to find. In other words, the same weapon for 2 different builds was 23 times cheaper for Nagi, and probably quicker to get. All the trouble and difficulty of playing Naginata is finally compensated by your ability to pay for your "best in slot" farm weapon with only 30 minutes of hatred nihlathak. Putting a tier on a build really depends on your criteria, but if your criteria is not minding about difficulty but want to farm for profit (with almost no investment), nagi is effectively a S1 build. There goes why it didn't need to get "generiously buffed", aka, squashed into a new UHM.

This leads to the final (or rather first) point which is being a really ass thing to say that the builds were "superficially" changed repeatedly. There is a lot of thought and work invested in order to preserve things which make builds unique and special. It is much easier and less time consuming to add a few zeroes to some skill's damage and call it a day instead of putting the work to "get it right" as we did, even if it takes more than one attempt. I'm happy to devote attention to all types of feedback - but the good one is usually answered with changes in the game and not posts.

A comprehensive response that is appreciated.

I was amused by you naming a forum character of some sort in your post, that I quoted. I do not doubt that you are passionate about the game.

There is a bit of trend in numbers-oriented changes and skill restrictions throughout Sigma.

That being said I am immensely happy with the Sorc changes, and I can't say I prefer reworks over QoL changes, like AoE and projectiles.
BespokePosts
Prowler
16 | 0
Actually after going through the changes and past forums threads with my powerful A U T I S M, I recognize the sheer narcissism present in this boomer game mod. I regret any feedback whatsoever. This is a big calculator for people with depression AND gambling addiction, we must seek help
newbe
Pit Knight
102 | 1
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
i play a game is nagi ass , i have dark pact bug not combo hades gate skill , ple admin fix bug dark pact ciclet