Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
ooastraoo wrote:You KILL HC .

The police is on its way to arrest Marco.
Wasp
Balrog
130 | 43
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Anonymous: wrote:
Jampula wrote:Two days to the launch. Give me the patch notes or I start to wreck things!

Patch notes

Nice troll, the real patch notes are there
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
SatyrLord wrote:
Istaryu wrote:
SatyrLord wrote:Eww, I am confused:

So is it gonna Ladder reset on 10th April with or without new patch 1.5.0?

Look at the picture on the first post in this thread.

Sorry, I misread (04.10.20->10.04.20) in the announcement. Dates have different meaning in germany.

Anyway: HYPE!!!

Hmmm. The picture I'm looking at on page 1 says "10th April".

Thumbs up to the Median team for that :thumb: - that seems the best way to write it to avoid any date format confusion in a game that's played by people all over the world (other games devs take note?).
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
SatyrLord wrote:
Istaryu wrote:
SatyrLord wrote:Eww, I am confused:

So is it gonna Ladder reset on 10th April with or without new patch 1.5.0?

Look at the picture on the first post in this thread.

Sorry, I misread (04.10.20->10.04.20) in the announcement. Dates have different meaning in germany.

Anyway: HYPE!!!

Hmmm. :coolstorybob: The picture I'm looking at on page 1 says "10th April".

Thumbs up to the Median team for that :thumb: - it seems the best way to write it to avoid any international date confusion stuff in a game that's played by people all over the world (other games devs take note?).
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Istaryu wrote:
flubbucket wrote:
Mr_Bill wrote:
Crash wrote:
Mr_Bill wrote:strange and highly annoying bug, where (for example), a Rare Tier 2 weapon that previously had a required character level of (say) "12", would all of a sudden end up requiring a character level of "55" or some other crazy thing.

are you sure you didn't just use mystic orbs and/or socket a rune/gem/jewel with higher required level

100% sure, verified with literally scores to hundreds of separate items, and it didn't just happen on the last major patch -- it happened on at least two previous patches. What is the point of putting Rare items in the game, if they get crippled in this way? (Many of us play the same characters across different patches... we're not all just Ladder runners, you know. :| )

Same here.

I have had both rare and magical items get assigned a higher level req. each patch. I play single player.

They are rebalancing items, and some affixes get killed/changed in the process. Not a big deal.

Well I doubt that rebalancing has something to do with it. I had some Tier 1 gloves with 12 to cold resist on a rather new character (around level 20). Then the patch came and suddenly the gloves had a level requirement of over 50.

I think that this was meant to force SP players into starting characters that you didn't play for a certain amount of time anew, so you don't miss out on any additional player experience and so you don't find the playstyle confusing due to not having played it for months. Like a soft-reset for SP. And honestly, I'm fine with that. At some point, when all your gear is unique it doesn't affect you anymore anyway. And if you didn't play a character up to this point and left it without playing for months you might as well start the build 100% fresh. So yeah, I agree with you.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
ParticuLarry wrote:
Istaryu wrote:
flubbucket wrote:
Mr_Bill wrote:
Crash wrote:
Mr_Bill wrote:strange and highly annoying bug, where (for example), a Rare Tier 2 weapon that previously had a required character level of (say) "12", would all of a sudden end up requiring a character level of "55" or some other crazy thing.

are you sure you didn't just use mystic orbs and/or socket a rune/gem/jewel with higher required level

100% sure, verified with literally scores to hundreds of separate items, and it didn't just happen on the last major patch -- it happened on at least two previous patches. What is the point of putting Rare items in the game, if they get crippled in this way? (Many of us play the same characters across different patches... we're not all just Ladder runners, you know. :| )

Same here.

I have had both rare and magical items get assigned a higher level req. each patch. I play single player.

They are rebalancing items, and some affixes get killed/changed in the process. Not a big deal.

Well I doubt that rebalancing has something to do with it. I had some Tier 1 gloves with 12 to cold resist on a rather new character (around level 20). Then the patch came and suddenly the gloves had a level requirement of over 50.

I think that this was meant to force SP players into starting characters that you didn't play for a certain amount of time anew, so you don't miss out on any additional player experience and so you don't find the playstyle confusing due to not having played it for months. Like a soft-reset for SP. And honestly, I'm fine with that. At some point, when all your gear is unique it doesn't affect you anymore anyway. And if you didn't play a character up to this point and left it without playing for months you might as well start the build 100% fresh. So yeah, I agree with you.

Before you spread conspiracy theories, i suggest you look for facts first. Your item was most likely a victim of this change.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Istaryu wrote:
ParticuLarry wrote:Well I doubt that rebalancing has something to do with it. I had some Tier 1 gloves with 12 to cold resist on a rather new character (around level 20). Then the patch came and suddenly the gloves had a level requirement of over 50.

Before you spread conspiracy theories, i suggest you look for facts first. Your item was most likely a victim of this change.

For your information: I started playing this game with patch 1.3, shortly before patch 1.4 came out. not on 1.2. so your comment is obsolet, since that change was from a time where I didn't even know of this game. The only change to item affixes from 1.3.0. to 1.4.0 was regarding naginatas and claws, not regarding boots, gloves and so on, and especially not regarding resistances.
drdead
Dark Huntress
10 | 2
Generally 1.4 really has major item rework, surely that even rares or normal equips could be affected. Example would be on items skills/procs/stats adjustment
And those item req. Lvl happens lot of times most on version upgrades. It's not a new thing, small sacrifices for the new and greater things to come in the game. And hey its free so..
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
drdead wrote:Generally 1.4 really has major item rework, surely that even rares or normal equips could be affected. Example would be on items skills/procs/stats adjustment
And those item req. Lvl happens lot of times most on version upgrades. It's not a new thing, small sacrifices for the new and greater things to come in the game. And hey its free so..

But wasn't that item rework mostly for uniques and sets? Or did they forget to add the changes to rares and magic items to the patch notes?

Well, I don't mind either way as I explained before. It doesn't affect characters after a certain level anyway, so there is not much progress to be lost. So it's fine with me.