Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
^ the above was fixed in the Discord tech-support channel, but if anyone is experiencing the same error then three are the things to try out:
  • Set Diablo II.exe to run as an Administrator and in compatibility mode with Windows XP (Service Pack 3) and the Launcher as an Administrator.
  • Try experimenting with different settings in the Glide control panel.
  • Try using a different video mode and see how it goes.
• Troubleshooting for MXL Sigma
• Installation Guide for MXL Sigma
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." -Seneca
Ronin
Dark Huntress
13 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
having trouble with Launcher - it's been working for a long time, then out of nowhere it stopped.

below is my error logs

► Show Spoiler
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
Ronin wrote:having trouble with Launcher - it's been working for a long time, then out of nowhere it stopped.
below is my error logs

► Show Spoiler

Go here C:\Users\nalde\AppData\Local\Programs\Median XL Launcher then right-click on Median XL Launcher.exe and in Properties -> Compatibility check "Run this program as an administrator". Also set Diablo II.exe to run as an Administrator and in compatibility mode with Windows XP (Service Pack 3). Try restarting the PC too. If nothing changes maybe a reinstalation of the Launcher could be in order, just remember to backup your characters from save folder if you play Single Player (C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\MedianXL\save).
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." -Seneca
Crosby4HyG
Core Lord
395 | 24
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Hey guys. I'm experiencing two issues with Median XL at the moment. The main issue is with regards to 3DFX Glide. About two weeks ago Glide worked great, I had exactly the fullscreen settings I wanted and it all ran flawlessly. Suddenly one day the game became completely unplayable when launched with 3DFX Glide, displaying less than 1FPS.

It runs fine in Direct3D but I much preferred the GFX settings on Glide. I've completely reinstalled D2 as well as Median XL several times, with reboots in between each install, still no luck. Does anyone have advice on how to get 3DFX Glide functioning normally again?

The other issue is an error code upon starting the launcher, which I think could possibly be related to my Glide issue above. Here is the errorLog.txt when I click on the red bar on top of the launcher:

[2020-04-16 12:21:45] Could not add "Run as Admin" option for C:\Diablo 2\Median XL\Median XL Launcher.exe. ||| TypeError: Cannot read property 'values' of undefined

The file: "Median XL Launcher.exe" has been set to run as admin however I don't see the combatibility option to run it as Windows XP (Service Pack 3). The only options I am given in the MXL Launcher compatibility drop down are: Windows Vista, Windows Vista (Service Pack 1), Windows Vista (Service Pack 2), Windows 7 and Windows 8. I should add that I'm running on Windows 10.

I'll also add that Diablo II.exe has been set to run as administrator and with compatibility mode in Windows WP (Service Pack 3).

I'm wondering if it could maybe be a driver issue? I use an Nvidia card, a 980 Ti to be exact. Any advice would be most welcome, thanks guys.

EDIT: I solved the issue. I had to resort to a system restore from a few weeks back and reinstall some of the recent Windows 10 updates.
miesnieks
Imp
5 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
During the update my anti virus deleted D2sigma.dll, now launcher is in loading loop, reinstalled launcher, still same
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
miesnieks wrote:During the update my anti virus deleted D2sigma.dll, now launcher is in loading loop, reinstalled launcher, still same

Add an exception to the Diablo II folder path and restore the .dll from the quarantine (if present). Also make sure to insert the web address https://get.median-xl.com/ to your antivirus/security-suite web exclusions list then restart the PC. Start the Median Launcher then press "INSTALL".
You could also try manually downloading the missing .dll(s): this archive (.dll) needs to be extracted to your Diablo II folder (where "Game.exe" can be found) using a program like 7-Zip. At the end of the exctraction process you should have obtained 2 new files (D2Sigma.dll and Fog.dll). If it ask you if you want ro replace the xisting files say yes.
miesnieks
Imp
5 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Thank you, it worked.
bubisbuble
Skeleton
2 | 0
Hey guys!
I don't play this games for a while but these days I want to start again. Like other people, i got the Access violation c0000005 exception. I've already try everything that i read in this topic. (reinstall, Data Execution Protection, AppData\Roaming\MedianXl\launcher\settings delete, Diablo II.exe to run as an Administrator Windows XP (Service Pack 3), Launcher as an Administrator, reinstall windows update).
It didn't work.
The problem occured just in glide video mode but in 2d or 3d mod for this game is very slow.
I would be very grateful is somebody give me a solution.
Ibra1
Abomination
151 | 0
The game is borked with latest update. Will someone post here when it's working correctly again without having to manually install crap?