Phoebe, the Hammerzon

Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Were rifts in the game when this guide was written? If so, how does the build do in rifts? Lots of tankiness... sounds like it might be good.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Captcha wrote:Were rifts in the game when this guide was written? If so, how does the build do in rifts? Lots of tankiness... sounds like it might be good.

They were not yet, but as far as I know, this build suffers in rifts because of the range issue as well as narrow hallways nullifying hammer circles.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Crash wrote:
Captcha wrote:Were rifts in the game when this guide was written? If so, how does the build do in rifts? Lots of tankiness... sounds like it might be good.

They were not yet, but as far as I know, this build suffers in rifts because of the range issue as well as narrow hallways nullifying hammer circles.

Sadly even if the narrow corridors werent a problem, hammerzon cant do decent single target dps, not even with battlemaiden, at least when i tried. Or probably there is a way if you somehow stack lightning pierce, and use umos/effigies to boost your physical damage and use magnetic field on bosses, but that would probably be still worse than some other build with the same investment.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Looking into old patch notes it looks like Askari Call was added in 1.3, so prob since this guide was written - is it worth investing in that (as a single target skill)?

That seems to mean lots of points in Stormcall and 1pt in Askari?
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Captcha wrote:Looking into old patch notes it looks like Askari Call was added in 1.3, so prob since this guide was written - is it worth investing in that (as a single target skill)?

That seems to mean lots of points in Stormcall and 1pt in Askari?

They are in the same skill tree, but dont let that fool you. Hammerzon is a wdm build, meaning you stack flat physical damage, dex, ewd with a high damage weapon, meanwhile storm zon (askari call and stormcall) is a caster build, focusing on spell dmg, lightning pierce, energy, energy factor. With hammerzon build, even if you max askari call, you will do exactly 0 dmg with it.
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I tried this build as my first sigma build so take it with a grain of salt:

Killspeed actually is not terrible, tankyness is also somewhat there thanks to leech if you get your hammers going. I still die quite regurlarly in TA if to many zons rush me in a hallway or in Duncraig if getting rushed really hard after tp with multiple barrels, but I still feel like I am progressing decently.

https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=Yppolita

Gear is mostly still TU's with the exception of Kabraxis SKin

SIngle target has so far only been a real issue in the azmodan encounter and surprisingly against Akarat, where I needed to kite him though half the jungle because I couldnt burst him before his healing kicked in

Next ubers I will try are legacy of blood, cathedral of vanity and bull prince rodeo, we will see how it goes
as69
Stygian Watcher
41 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Necroglycerin wrote:SIngle target has so far only been a real issue in the azmodan encounter and surprisingly against Akarat, where I needed to kite him though half the jungle because I couldnt burst him before his healing kicked in

i just did Akarat, was facing the same issue. But then i used Magnet Field (1pt) and guess what - this was the key to kill him.
My gear: https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=BinHamman p.s. when doing Akarat, i was using t1 epicenter boots....
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Necroglycerin wrote:I tried this build as my first sigma build so take it with a grain of salt:

Killspeed actually is not terrible, tankyness is also somewhat there thanks to leech if you get your hammers going. I still die quite regurlarly in TA if to many zons rush me in a hallway or in Duncraig if getting rushed really hard after tp with multiple barrels, but I still feel like I am progressing decently.

SIngle target has so far only been a real issue in the azmodan encounter and surprisingly against Akarat, where I needed to kite him though half the jungle because I couldnt burst him before his healing kicked in

Next ubers I will try are legacy of blood, cathedral of vanity and bull prince rodeo, we will see how it goes

Make a honorific war scepter, make sure it gets lucky 20% ed, mo with ed, max dmg, ewd, fcr to hit 80% breakpoint. Rest is up to you: mf, leech, etc.
Boban
Sasquatch
62 | 3
Try magnetic field for single target, its much much better. I tried this build last patch and Akarat was a pain too until i finally tried this skill. Never went back for bosses. Creature of flame however (XD) was still very hard until mid-endgame gear lol. Which leads to a final point - this is very good character, but very vulnerable to kiting/teleports, so forget about reliably killing something like xazzax or astrogha. As for build I actually sticked with Chargebreaker and liked it better (max block still reachable,though obviosly a bit harder), also went for Zealot Rush instead of Death Spur (have to make a RIP recipe, because those reanimates screw you). Also honorfic belt instead of Deadfall due to high str req. And actually good abandoned craft might still be better than Rogue Foresight. I wouldn't max War Spirit as for now, bosses immunity to CB really made this obsolete, it's one-pointer for me. Max paragon instead and you will reach something like 20k hp. Anyways, very good build and guide Crash!
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Istaryu wrote:
Necroglycerin wrote:I tried this build as my first sigma build so take it with a grain of salt:

Make a honorific war scepter, make sure it gets lucky 20% ed, mo with ed, max dmg, ewd, fcr to hit 80% breakpoint. Rest is up to you: mf, leech, etc.

How compares this honorific scepter to Legion? Legion seems quite a cheap sacred scepter, and for farming I dont really have huge dmg issues anyway

@Boban: Yeah i forgot about that, Creature of flame was really a pain in the ass, but since I have no comparison I just thought that the fight is annoying in general after the rework