[Not recommended as of 2.1] Maelstrom Assassin miniguide

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
kolyeah8
Azure Drake
173 | 5
nazh202 wrote:First, thanks for the guide, this build seems fun.
I just wanna ask how can you increase block rate/speed (other than charms that increase combat speeds) ? My sin is lv109 and has only 10% faster block rate (FHR and IAS breakpoints are reached)

Mystic orbs and jewels.
The Endless Loop
The Endless Loop
Light Belt (Sacred)

Defense: 1101 to 1143
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 550
Item Level: 105
40% Combat Speeds
+(10 to 19) to Charged Strike
Slow Target 10%
+50 to all Attributes
+75 Life Regenerated per Second
+(0 to 1) Mana on Striking
Socketed (2)
also helps a bit
nazh202
Bone Archer
75 | 0
Sorry if my question sounds noob but Maelstrom is not a spell (as it is affected by IAS) so "x% to (physical/magic) spell damage" doesn't increase its damage, am I right?
kolyeah8
Azure Drake
173 | 5
nazh202 wrote:Sorry if my question sounds noob but Maelstrom is not a spell (as it is affected by IAS) so "x% to (physical/magic) spell damage" doesn't increase its damage, am I right?

yes, that is right.
nazh202
Bone Archer
75 | 0
I really hope they will rework some Assassin's skills. It's unfair that traps build has 2 ultimate options (Beacon/Phase bomb) while this build has no really useful ultimate skills. And I kinda miss the old Tiefling form skill.
Poepoe
Skeleton
2 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
hello.
newbie question.
i have the xis rune. how do i create the
Dawn (Xis)
weapon?
im pretty positive i will just waste the rune if i try it by myself. :lol:
smartasss
Cow Ninja
1218 | 11
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Poepoe wrote:hello.
newbie question.
i have the xis rune. how do i create the
Dawn (Xis)
weapon?
im pretty positive i will just waste the rune if i try it by myself. :lol:

Cube Xis with El rune. Jewel(Crafted) in wep before the Elxis. Jewel should have Indestructible mod.
Poepoe
Skeleton
2 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
which rune will be the best to start with?
lem rune for stats?
mloloya1
Destroyer
6 | 0
Ok so I just lucked out on an etheral sacred balanced knife (81-85 damage) attached with a 15% slow with 2 sockets! So since no oil of renewals can be used, I guess this is the process I have to follow:

1) Use oil of luck, hopefully it works
2) Use mystic orbs to add enhanced damage to it (doing so will make the required level to use it 140). Actually, which do I use, enhanced damage or weapon enhanced damage?
3) Put in jewel with indestructible mod , but ideally, what other mods should it have? I guess to dex and to life steal? I mean I cannot use it for another 10 levels anyways, so I can try for a really good one. What rune should I craft the jewel with? I don't think there is a unique jewel that grants indestructible.
4) Put in xis rune that was combined with an el rune.
5) Then when I somehow get more levels for an orb, what in an ideal world should I use?

So can anyone please let me know if my logic above is correct or how I should alter it? Thanks!
kolyeah8
Azure Drake
173 | 5
mloloya1 wrote:Ok so I just lucked out on an etheral sacred balanced knife (81-85 damage) attached with a 15% slow with 2 sockets! So since no oil of renewals can be used, I guess this is the process I have to follow:

1) Use oil of luck, hopefully it works
2) Use mystic orbs to add enhanced damage to it (doing so will make the required level to use it 140). Actually, which do I use, enhanced damage or weapon enhanced damage?
3) Put in jewel with indestructible mod , but ideally, what other mods should it have? I guess to dex and to life steal? I mean I cannot use it for another 10 levels anyways, so I can try for a really good one. What rune should I craft the jewel with? I don't think there is a unique jewel that grants indestructible.
4) Put in xis rune that was combined with an el rune.
5) Then when I somehow get more levels for an orb, what in an ideal world should I use?

So can anyone please let me know if my logic above is correct or how I should alter it? Thanks!

i think youre talking about a blue item? or what do you mean by "attached with a 15% slow?
Runewords only work in grey items! not in magic ones ( blue).

Since youre lvl 130 or so and probably are not yet in engdame territory, just reroll a balanced knife with oil of renewal until you get a good 0sox or 2 sox with high ed. then try oil of luck and repeat until youre satisfied or are bored. then use a good indest jewel, you probably need to use 20ACs or so to get a decent one so dont be too picky. i mostly use lem runes. thai is also an option. go for block speed, hit recovery , flat dmg and %dex or %all attributes.

then just make your weapon and in endgame when you can afford it you can buy an etheral luckied knife, they are really rare but you can buy them in forum. its not that big of a bonus tho.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
You don't need indestructible for a throwing weapon, they have no durability.
Well, technically they have a hidden durability which goes down when you melee (for sr), but you shouldnt worry about that because it will still last for a VERY long time.