Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
xHiro wrote:Hey, nice guide. Can i use Sauron (Auhe runeword for orb) for fire sorceress? it have nice -60 enemy fire res

You can if you really need the pierce. Otherwise, Habacalva's better for farming, and the +slvl to Flamefront/Flamestrike are really good dmg boost for bossing too.
DonkeyNeutron
Cultist
22 | 8
Dang, dude. This is pretty impressive. Well done.
Hrishi
Bone Archer
77 | 21
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Has any thought been given to using an o-skill in place of Lorenado for the Poison spec if Lorenado can be rather awkward for clear? I've rather been enjoying Devouring Plague this season (but not on a Sorc) so I was wondering if it was worth exploring here? You'll get to keep the strong single target poison offers but add on a better AoE clearing tool this way?

There might be other options but I have personally enjoyed the mechanics of Devouring Plague so was just a suggestion.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Sadly, sorceress is the worst choice to play around oskills, in my opinion. Most (if not all) other casters get free damage from their kit, meanwhile witch blood does nothing for oskills.
NotCube
Grubber
337 | 161
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Hrishi wrote:Has any thought been given to using an o-skill in place of Lorenado for the Poison spec if Lorenado can be rather awkward for clear? I've rather been enjoying Devouring Plague this season (but not on a Sorc) so I was wondering if it was worth exploring here? You'll get to keep the strong single target poison offers but add on a better AoE clearing tool this way?

There might be other options but I have personally enjoyed the mechanics of Devouring Plague so was just a suggestion.

Yea we know some friends have tried Devouring Cloud on other classes with different degrees of success. The common complain we've heard is the range and poison duration of it is too short, pretty much Lorenado level. And because the amulet slot is required for dcloud to be any good,
Gallowlaugh
Gallowlaugh
Amulet

Required Level: 110
Item Level: 110
+1 to All Skills
+50% Bonus to Poison Skill Duration
-(20 to 30)% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+1 to Sacrifices
Poison Length Reduced by 50%
can't be used, which is another restriction of the oskill. Then there's the problem of dcloud only spawning on ilvl 91+ items, at which point Lorenado actually works okay-ish for clearing so we haven't tried it yet.

Istaryu wrote:Sadly, sorceress is the worst choice to play around oskills, in my opinion. Most (if not all) other casters get free damage from their kit, meanwhile witch blood does nothing for oskills.

High level Familiars, Firedance and Blood Fury can make oskill work at around the same level as other classes, such as in the case of Stormclash, but it's true that sorc feels quite limited in this area, especially before end game. Maybe Witch Blood will be less restrictive in the future but we can only hope.
Philby
Azure Drake
161 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I have a noob question regarding boots : on the cold build for end game, you recommend Crafted boots with a combination of Eerie and Sacred, to get more EF, cold spell and Pierce. What affixes should I be looking for as I craft those boots, besides the shrine bonus ?
Because I checked on the Affixes page and these stats don't naturally come up with boots, you just get them from the shrines right?
Don't you think I would be more efficient to stick with Honorific boots, so you can have 5*5*2 to flat energy for instance, 20% cold spell (but no EF), and then the Sacred blessing for pierce and more SD ? Or maybe it's just me looking for an excuse because I'm too lazy crafting myself a nice pair of boots :)
Thanks for you advices, having a lot of fun so far, going further in the game then ever before.
eLeMeNTs
Skeleton
3 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Hey!
According to the Radiance sorc:
is
The Ritualist
The Ritualist
Gambeson (Sacred)

Defense: (5583 - 6345) to (5951 - 6762)
(Sorceress Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 486
Item Level: 105
+(3 to 5) to Sorceress Skill Levels
+50 Spell Focus
Firedance Cooldown Reduced by 6 seconds
+20% to Fire Spell Damage
-20% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+(120 to 150)% Enhanced Defense
+3000 Defense vs. Missile
Fire Absorb 5%
+(30 to 50) Life after each Kill
Socketed (6)
better than a Crafted Gambesson with +4sk -26res +30 SD?
NotCube
Grubber
337 | 161
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Philby wrote:I have a noob question regarding boots : on the cold build for end game, you recommend Crafted boots with a combination of Eerie and Sacred, to get more EF, cold spell and Pierce. What affixes should I be looking for as I craft those boots, besides the shrine bonus ?
Because I checked on the Affixes page and these stats don't naturally come up with boots, you just get them from the shrines right?
Don't you think I would be more efficient to stick with Honorific boots, so you can have 5*5*2 to flat energy for instance, 20% cold spell (but no EF), and then the Sacred blessing for pierce and more SD ? Or maybe it's just me looking for an excuse because I'm too lazy crafting myself a nice pair of boots :)
Thanks for you advices, having a lot of fun so far, going further in the game then ever before.

Yea boots don't roll any spell related affix so it's only from shrine. Sacred blessed honorifics work well for casters. I actually used one for quite a long time before making anything better. If you make a pair, I recommend an Eerie bless. Fish for a high bless roll. If not, just remake the boots. Cheers.

eLeMeNTs wrote:Hey!
According to the Radiance sorc:
is
The Ritualist
The Ritualist
Gambeson (Sacred)

Defense: (5583 - 6345) to (5951 - 6762)
(Sorceress Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 486
Item Level: 105
+(3 to 5) to Sorceress Skill Levels
+50 Spell Focus
Firedance Cooldown Reduced by 6 seconds
+20% to Fire Spell Damage
-20% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+(120 to 150)% Enhanced Defense
+3000 Defense vs. Missile
Fire Absorb 5%
+(30 to 50) Life after each Kill
Socketed (6)
better than a Crafted Gambesson with +4sk -26res +30 SD?

Ritualist is more than fine as a placeholder. But a crafted Gambeson can roll way higher stats than that, which is what you should aim for if you want to seriously push her damage.
Philby
Azure Drake
161 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Thanks!
Talking about easy to get but still good items, a sacred circlet dropped in Dunc an hour ago. I was really happy when I realized it was a cold oriented item, the Eyes of Septumo. But meh, it's actually worse than the correspondant TU, the celestial crown (that you recommend in the guide). Long story short, it's funny how some TUs are way better than the SUs, unless you look for some oskill...